Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!] - Page 3
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!]

Comments

• FuslFusl Member

Only an MTR.sh probe was lost today, nothing of importance really. topkek

Thanked by 1doghouch

me | I'm running a large amount of OpenNIC's uncensored, open and democratic alternative Tier2 DNS resolvers. Now with Anycast! | We also provide a lot of locations and providers on our Looking Glass

• donlidonli Member

@perennate said:
      Thought they'd go out with a whimper not a bang.
      I really need to stock up some popcorn.

• ChuckChuck Member
      edited May 18

@donli said:

@perennate said:
      Thought they'd go out with a whimper not a bang.
      I really need to stock up some popcorn.

fake! Popcorn are very lightweight when popped, as the moisture inside each kernel is released during popping.

There was no way it would break down the door. Reported for posting fake information.

I like what she said, not what it means.

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
      Nah, AP didn't have many clients. The lack of "I am down!" threads is the proof.

I recon they had less than 1,000 clients total.

Best twitter complaint so far:

I have 4 Servers through you. ALL 4 are down... and since i use all 4 for my DNS servers... all 3000 of my domains are failing... How much longer??????

• sanvitsanvit Member

@donli said:

@deank said:
      Nah, AP didn't have many clients. The lack of "I am down!" threads is the proof.

I have 4 Servers through you. ALL 4 are down... and since i use all 4 for my DNS servers... all 3000 of my domains are failing... How much longer??????

Who puts all of their DNS servers with the same low end provider?!

Thanked by 1Nate812
    • deankdeank Member

Braindead morons. Remove 2 zeroes. He's got 30 clients.

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:
      Braindead morons. Remove 2 zeroes. He's got 30 clients.

And then there's:

Now It's enough! I have a radio stl transit on the vps and from 24 hours I have down an entire regional DAB+ network. I don't receive from you any reply about my kind request to know the situation and I'm now furious. I hope you hunderstand my disappointment and kindly proceed.

• deankdeank Member

Too much PMS.

Thanked by 1imok

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

• ChuckChuck Member
      edited May 18

It's suing time Dustin and Adam!

• ChuckChuck Member

posted on 2 May 2019.

Today is 17 May 2019.

• cybertechcybertech Member

Maybe they just forgot to pay the bill

Thanked by 1MrH

relentless collector of highest clocked, highest performing KVM/NVMe/Gbit VPSes at the most competitive rates. just to hard idle them. zero knowledge on coding/programming; a mere hobbyist.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Provider

@Chuck said:

posted on 2 May 2019.

Today is 17 May 2019.

I think you're mistaken. He is the doughnut.

• dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

Fake news from QN in response to this thread.

HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

• pepa65pepa65 Member

https://twitter.com/alpharacks/with_replies
      I am badly affected, just some cheap hosting that was convenient to put some DNS records on as well... And a VPS that wasn't fully up & running. Now first quickly find another LE host.

• vimalwarevimalware Member

How much is your time worth that you'd even put anything behind these jokeHosts?

The time it takes to migrate your shit away, is always longer, than the time you'd originally budgeted for.

Trusted Provider ultravps[.]eu in AMS/LON/DAL/LAX/Moldova/Düsseldorf :
      2GB KVM(SSD 60GB) starts €33.6/yr (Limited Stock) <-- bonus discount (~7.5% off in 1st year for new clients.)

• bayarea15bayarea15 Member

I found Adam Ng's LinkedIn profile, which had a Dustin C. on the "people also viewed..." sidebar.

Dustin's profile has a new update as of an hour ago:

"I'm presently in the market for a new role, that requires a hungry, self-motivated, successful sales manager.

I'm exiting the hosting industry, however, very interested in obtaining a sales position -- this is where my passion is, and where I have tons of success. Perhaps Software Sales, or hardware sales.

If any of my connections have friends, or a company looking to a drop in ready to go fast learning advanced salesperson, please reach out."

Thanked by 2pepa65 dedotatedwam
    • ChuckChuck Member

@bayarea15 said:
      I found Adam Ng's LinkedIn profile, which had a Dustin C. on the "people also viewed..." sidebar.

"I'm presently in the market for a new role, that requires a hungry, self-motivated, successful sales manager.

I'm exiting the hosting industry, however, very interested in obtaining a sales position -- this is where my passion is, and where I have tons of success. Perhaps Software Sales, or hardware sales.

If any of my connections have friends, or a company looking to a drop in ready to go fast learning advanced salesperson, please reach out."

I thought they are required to put "got fired" in their resume when trying to apply for job?

Thanked by 1netomx

• donlidonli Member

@Chuck said:

posted on 2 May 2019.

Today is 17 May 2019.

@cybertech said:
      Maybe they just forgot to pay the bill

@Chuck said:

@bayarea15 said:

I thought they are required to put "got fired" in their resume when trying to apply for job?

People tell the truth on their resumes?

• andynzandynz Member

I just got an invoice today from Alpharack for one of my services. I think I might decline to pay it :). All PayPal auto payments are stopped.

• donlidonli Member

@andynz said:
      I just got an invoice today from Alpharack for one of my services. I think I might decline to pay it :). All PayPal auto payments are stopped.

If you don't pay, how will people get their refunds?

• fruvousfruvous Member

What refunds?

AlphaRacks Hosting
      @alpharacks
      Compensation will be offered in the form of SLA credit to all customers, with queries being looked into 24/7.

• stefemanstefeman Member
      edited May 18

Im dying. xD

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

If the QN people are nice guys as everyone is saying, they might just have given then the opportunity to backup all data rather than screw innocent end users over as well.

This might not be the final heart beat.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Member

@AnthonySmith said:
      If the QN people are nice guys as everyone is saying, they might just have given then the opportunity to backup all data rather than screw innocent end users over as well.

There are no innocent users, everyone should have known better!

• ChuckChuck Member
      edited May 18

@JoeMerit said:

@AnthonySmith said:

It's time to call the cops to break these scammer doors down! The laws should know better to protect innocent users.

@JoeMerit said:

@AnthonySmith said:

Pond life does not know it is pond life, it only knows other pond life and is unaware of how small it’s world is.

Thanked by 2pepa65 Waldo19

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• cybertechcybertech Member

Hope when Alpharacks recover they have comeback tri-yearly specials

Thanked by 1uptime

relentless collector of highest clocked, highest performing KVM/NVMe/Gbit VPSes at the most competitive rates. just to hard idle them. zero knowledge on coding/programming; a mere hobbyist.

• AmitzAmitz Member
      edited May 18

lol
      I hope when Bill Cosby recovers, we'll see more episodes of his show.
      /s

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

• uptimeuptime Member

they do seem to be sincerely missed by their users

I feel like I'm crashing a low-end wake

• 33 hrs, 41 mins and still down..
      Where can we sign up to the class action lawsuit? Because this is obviously over

• @donli said:

@deank said:

Hoooooooooooly shit

https://github.com/9crk/alpharacks-auto-boot

LOL! Someone made an autoboot for alpharacks for when it goes down... That's gold!

HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Provider

Alpha? Not so much

Thanked by 1szarka
    • @dahartigan said:

LOL! Someone made an autoboot for alpharacks for when it goes down... That's gold!

WOW
      I wish I found that script before... I don't know how many times I've had to log into the control panel to boot those shitty ass servers, because after they go down they never go up unless you boot them...

Thanked by 2pepa65 netomx
    • LTnigerLTniger Member

@dahartigan said:

FFS... That is... I don't know the words to describe this. When you need a efkin bot to boot your server due to downtime... :disappointed:

Drama de qualitat!

Thanked by 1dahartigan

Wordpress Hosting - Home made!

• YuraYura Member

@newfulluser said:

@dahartigan said:

WOW
      I wish I found that script before... I don't know how many times I've had to log into the control panel to boot those shitty ass servers, because after they go down they never go up unless you boot them...

Now your life is complete

Thanked by 1netomx
    • JoeMeritJoeMerit Member

I'm assuming it was a lot of Asian customers using their low end vpses for VPN? where is the rage from them :) ?

Thanked by 1Amitz

@JoeMerit said:
      I'm assuming it was a lot of Asian customers using their low end vpses for VPN? where is the rage from them :) ?

PayPal.

• @JoeMerit said:

VPN users needn’t care about their data loss

• JSCLJSCL Member, Provider
      edited May 18

Let's not forget that QN themselves aren't exactly reputable. Don't forget the PacificRack 'Alex Ferrier' i.e. Gotzmann affair of time ago which many of you won't remember - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=712643 - this basically resulted in the full QuadraNet rebrand taking place.

A real shame, I had no issues at all with Dustin. But if it transpires he is responsible for the 'out of nowhere' spam I started getting from WootHosting, then I won't be amused.

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 18

@JoeMerit said:

It's on the Chinese version(s) of LET. Some is on twitter also, but as it is in chinese I have no idea what it says. For example:

我数据也在里面,买了几台服务器泡汤了

Which Google translates as:

My data is also inside, I bought a few servers to make a bath.

@JoeMerit said:

They probably can't get online without their vpn lol

Thanked by 1uptime

• uptimeuptime Member

donli said: My data is also inside, I bought a few servers to make a bath.

fartmother walks on thin eggs

@uptime said:

donli said: My data is also inside, I bought a few servers to make a bath.

fartmother walks on thin eggs

Eggs fart on thin mother walks.

Thanked by 1uptime

• teamaccteamacc Member

"defining superior service"

Thanked by 1sin

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

"defining superior service"

To be fair, I named the page DowntimeRacks ;)

• @JoeMerit said:

I'm one of "the" Asian customers. Yes, a lots of Chinese bought VPS from Alpharacks, due to it was cheap. Also Quadranet provides well enough connection between US and CN

If Alpharacks gone, I would feel more sad instead of angry, due to less and less cheap VPS choices in the future

Thanked by 3uptime pepa65 Amitz
    • imokimok Member

gyjys43043 said: If Alpharacks gone, I would feel more sad instead of angry, due to less and less cheap VPS choices in the future

Do you know why it was that cheap, right?

This discussion has been closed.