Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!] - Page 2
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Popcorn time! Dustin + AdamNG run AlphaRacks and were fired from QN. [Backup your data if possible!]

Comments

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 17

@ben47955 said:
      So many people losing millions at this time.

Apparently there are people with "clients" on alpharacks.

(And for some reason my formerly w--thosting shared hosting sites at QuadraNet in LA are still up - Server Load 24.60 (8 cpus) )

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 17

Nah, AP didn't have many clients. The lack of "I am down!" threads is the proof.

I recon they had less than 1,000 clients total.

Select few always have issues.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
      edited May 17

Why would anyone interfere with current business relationshits over former employments?

Host4Geeks said: It's the internet, take everything with a grain of salt.

I always take everything with a grain of potassium basalts.

Thanked by 1netomx

You are dreaming. | And it's a nightmare. | THE SECRET THREAD | THE TRUTH | HAVES YOU SEEN THIS YURA?

• donlidonli Member
      edited May 17

@deank said:
      Nah, AP didn't have many clients. The lack of "I am down!" threads is the proof.

Some Twits:

@alpharacks what's going on? Multiple Web servers down overnight for a bit. Vps is now dead for last hour and your site showing DB offline... 🙄 I ignored the warnings to avoid you on LET, bad idea I guess..

Will we be reinbursed in any way. I'm losing money

is our data is safe? we are worry because a lot of our customer web over there since my account is master reseller, please fix it quickly 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

we lost money we and our clients any status ?

Hi, any progress? At least give us an estimation when can we get back to business? Guys, We are losing money... Please take this very seriously.

so we lost all our data my last buckup 26/4 :(

hope my data are ok since i dont have backup my data in my vps

I just lose opportunity for next project because cannot show my website which already made, so sad, even so, please just give me my data, I will move to another server, I will not ask for refund but at least I can get my project work back.

Wtf ? No backup I've trusted these guys... I thought that was a "serious" company...

New York based services offline Los Angels based services offline and Dallas based services also offline There goes my redundancy down the drain 😅

• deankdeank Member
      edited May 17

Okay, I stand corrected. 1015 clients.

Select few always have issues.

• elliotcelliotc Member

Bad news to the summer host

Coffee, please.

• PcJamesyPcJamesy Member

@deank said:

I was wondering why my service that’s been unpaid for months finally went offline. It was a nice free extra idle vm, didn’t really trust them enough to do anything real with them when it was paid for either. Condolences to those who got burned.

• defaultdefault Member

@elliotc said:
      Bad news to the summer host

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• @Tion said:
      Please explain this to a 5 year old.

I don't think the 5 year old will have services with Alpha Racks. Just because they're 5 doesn't mean they are stupid.

Thanked by 2Falzo netomx
    • lazytlazyt Member

Even 5 year olds are not surprised by this. Eh I may try QN now. Wasnt a out to when Dustin was there

Have I mentioned how much I hate auto correct recently?

• zafouharzafouhar Member

I think we can safely assume that they have deadpooled and all data is lost. If you have backups restore, if you don't have backups then it means your data was not important toy you.

• SWRaySWRay Member

This is even bigger than you would imagine :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

@SWRay said:

So you just joined to post this? Anything more that you want to tell us?

Thanked by 2taubin netomx

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

• SWRaySWRay Member

Well my sources claim a lot but as this likely will be criminal case + civilian court cases i wonder how much i can say, without any trouble to me. Full disclosure i am with a direct competitor of Quadranet and what i heard, Quadranet made a very good/brave decision when they heard about the extend of the frauds.

• donlidonli Member

@SWRay said:

Don't stop there.

Thanked by 1netomx
    • Nate812Nate812 Member

@SWRay said:
      Well my sources claim a lot but as this likely will be criminal case + civilian court cases i wonder how much i can say, without any trouble to me. Full disclosure i am with a direct competitor of Quadranet and what i heard, Quadranet made a very good/brave decision when they heard about the extend of the frauds.

You make good remarks, but without proof.

Thanked by 1taubin
    • AmitzAmitz Member
      edited May 17

I always wondered why Quadranet employed AdamNG (I don't know anything about that Dustin) in the first place, to be honest. People always said that Quadranet is not a bad company, but AdamNG was definitely a rotten apple in their fruit basket and they could have known that beforehand. He was a talented marketeer, especially for his age, but without ethics or integrity. A bit strange that it took them so long to find out...

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

• donlidonli Member

@SWRay said:

Was a-racks being run "out the backdoor" of QN?

• SWRaySWRay Member

Lets say popcorn started when a co worker of my, yesterday messaged Adam with this message:
      You boast numbers like 23000 HostMyBytes customers, we keep a close eye on competition and see Ipv4 allocations / in use space / there is no way Hostmybytes had 23000+ customers or even close to it. Your whole company has less than 12k Ipv4 allocated to it...
      Are you really saying you now host 100k+ VPS on less than 12k Ipv4?

Let us say, the conversation got kind of heated and pretty interesting.

Thanked by 2pepa65 MikePT
    • key900key900 Member, Provider

@MasonR said:

@doghouch said:

@MasonR said:
      If AlphaRacks inadvertently collapses as a result of this, I think we need to send Dustin and Adam a good thank you gift for mopping up all the lowend shithosts in one fell swoop.

Bonus: no more spam from AlphaRuckus.

Til they sell leak the client database :P

We will see spamming again :smiley:

*LetBox.Com Make it Simple, Dallas & Los Angeles - Pure NVMe + Block Storage Boxes!. Discord Community https://discord.gg/g6dqjmm
    • NeoonNeoon Member

@SWRay said:

A proof would be interesting also, everyone can just come and add more salt to the drama. So you say, it was a inside job? more people then these 2 inside QuadraNet where involved? or you speak as yourself?

• zafouharzafouhar Member

@SWRay said:
      Lets say popcorn started when a co worker of my, yesterday messaged Adam with this message:
      You boast numbers like 23000 HostMyBytes customers, we keep a close eye on competition and see Ipv4 allocations / in use space / there is no way Hostmybytes had 23000+ customers or even close to it. Your whole company has less than 12k Ipv4 allocated to it...
      Are you really saying you now host 100k+ VPS on less than 12k Ipv4?

Cut the he says and he said and give us screenshots :disappointed:

• SmartHostSmartHost Member, Provider

Maybe we'll see these guys team up with Micfo...on a new venture coming soon: behindbarshost.com - Hosting with Prison Level Security!

SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Join our Resale Program
      https://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD KVM VPS - $2.95/month!

• OzukoOzuko Member

I'm just wondering how long it'll be before the dispute cases get opened lol.

• SWRaySWRay Member

Adam and Dustin has contact with pretty much all customers in QN. possibly : Access to all their servers, access to all the data, special scripts, special software, information who is behind on payments, ways to scoop in an buy all those customers behind on payments...
      Get the idea, just speculation, i do not claim inside info on any of the above.

• donlidonli Member

@SWRay said:

HosMyBytes (and the other companies a-racks aquired) offered shared hosting. Considering reports as to performance, those 23,000 customers could have been on a handful of machines with just a few IPs.

• SWRaySWRay Member

When my coworker said his source will leak more details to law enforcement, their datacenter and the general public this was their response
      "Go right ahead, and be my guest. The more you talk, the more stupid you sound.

Our datacenter Quadranet was invested heavily into by VSS equity firm who only invests in companies in the $10-50 MM range they have a major investment in them https://www.vss.com/vss-invests-in-q...nter-provider/

Are you 12 years old? One of those internet trolls?"

• SWRaySWRay Member

I guess the source leaked

• SWRaySWRay Member

HosMyBytes (and the other companies a-racks aquired) offered shared hosting. Considering reports as to performance, those 23,000 customers could have been on a handful of machines with just a few IPs.

Yes but its easy to see, how many websites are hosted on a single IP. Anyway a moot argument, we all know 23k /17k and such figures, were way off the mark (at least, i hope you do.)

• QuadraNet has been always been nothing short of great for us and it will continue to be so, even without Dustin. I haven’t had much interaction with Adam there but Dustin was our go to guy for anything sales while he was there he wasn’t bad at all. Ilan run’s a tight ship at QN and he has a great team of guys working for him. I almost feel quite sad for him but at the same time happy that it this was discovered sooner and even more happy that it was addressed right away.

Thanked by 1TheNeedful
    • donlidonli Member
      edited May 17

@SWRay said:

Yes but its easy to see, how many websites are hosted on a single IP.

Yes, you can put in the research work and find out how many domains resolve to the IPs involved.

Anyway a moot argument, we all know 23k /17k and such figures, were way off the mark (at least, i hope you do.)

At the time most people here seemed to conclude that numbers like the "23,000" were inflated and possibly the number of address on their spam mail list but not currently paid active customers.

• SWRaySWRay Member
      edited May 17

Agreed, Quadranet did the right thing when they discovered the extend of the problems. Be Aware however: if your a customer of 'this provider' your data may be compromised, your customer list may now, or very soon, be publicly available and any trade secrets might be sold to your direct competitors.

• donlidonli Member

@Host4Geeks said:
      Ilan run’s a tight ship at QN and he has a great team of guys working for him.

Seems the ship may have been leaking for a while and there were a couple of horses in the team pulling in the wrong direction.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member
      edited May 17

@SWRay said:
      Agreed, Quadranet did the right thing when they discovered the extend of the problems. Be Aware however: if your a customer of 'this provider' your data may be compromised, your customer list may now, or very soon, be publicly available and any trade secrets might be sold to your direct competitors.

We run our own locked infrastructure there and QN has no access to our systems (other than physical ofcourse which they do for all). Our client management and all other business system are not there. But I imagine this may be a problem for smaller customer maybe renting a few dedicated boxes.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Provider

Can we please stick to facts in this thread? Making guesses or statements without proof does not benefit anybody and only helps Dustin and Adam by spreading misinformation which causes people to distrust actual facts.

-Joe @ SecureDragon - LEB's Powered by Wyvern in FL, CO, CA, IL, NJ, GA, OR, TX, and AZ
      Need backup space? Check out BackupDragon
    • SWRaySWRay Member

@donli said:

@Host4Geeks said:
      Ilan run’s a tight ship at QN and he has a great team of guys working for him.

Seems the ship may have been leaking for a while and there were a couple of horses in the team pulling in the wrong direction.

Well many things will have changed from then but:
      Years ago we visited their main facility in LA, staff was not interested as they had a pizza time moment (apparently staff eats Pizza for an hour together/day not sure how that story was exactly) but Dustin,he was the guy that showed us around. We actually seen the staff eating Pizza in some small kitchen. restroom. Dustin was a nice guy however!
      We were led into a mishmash of odd shaped racks, cooled down by what our tech engineer identified as 15 year old+ airco units blowing air into the room from a outlet, designed to blow into raised floor/cold corridor setups (they had no raised floors there) without any clear fire suppressant system that would not cause trouble...after a round we were all in agreement: this is not the place to be.
      But that is out experience from 5 years ago.

• LeeLee Member

CVPS_Chris said: Couldn't have happened to two better guys!

We all said the same about you in the past, you are no better than Adam, Dustin or Jonny.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt

• SWRaySWRay Member

Honestly i would prefer to colocate something in my basement vs what we seen there 5 years back

• So apparently AlphaRacks was owned by Allen Xu (current owner of WebXury in Los Angeles), a fairly popular provider in the Chinese and Asian market. It was put on up sale a couple of times and they have always been hosting with QN it seems.

Source: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1432432

The RIPE WHOIS data shows the Person NIC Handle in the name of Julian Jin, who is connected to Allen Xu on LinkedIN, most likely a close aide or even family.

Does any one see any incorporation information for AlphaRacks? I don’t see them incorporated in CA, their site doesn’t list an address, their TOS does not list the full name, just AlphaRacks.

• Nate812Nate812 Member

@KuJoe said:
      Can we please stick to facts in this thread? Making guesses or statements without proof does not benefit anybody and only helps Dustin and Adam by spreading misinformation which causes people to distrust actual facts.

Some people just want drama to feel important.

• edited May 17

@Host4Geeks said:
      Does any one see any incorporation information for AlphaRacks? I don’t see them incorporated in CA, their site doesn’t list an address, their TOS does not list the full name, just AlphaRacks.

You will find the full name & address when they become BetaRacks..

Thanked by 1reikuzan

I am going to #lexit

• SWRaySWRay Member

@Nate812 said:
      Some people just want drama to feel important.

Or maybe they want to help you, safe your business/data within the framework of what can be said legally :)

• xaocxaoc Member

ugh, no drama here sadly :( So when i wake up tomorrow, there better be some juicy poppin' read or i won't be able to poop properly.

Much appreciated,
      Alex

Thanked by 2Nick Fusl

So Say We All

• Sorry for your loss.

Senior Level 30 Microsoft Certified Technician

• Not big issue, I've just put 8 of my sub sites on it, all backuped.

• andynzandynz Member

Not a big issue for me, I had a number of services with them but all data backed up and have moved my sites, all low traffic, to a local pi on my fibre connection. Runs a lot faster than the AR servers and better uptime for $1/year power bill.
      You live and learn...

Thanked by 1Chuck
    • rinorino Member

I still have a year left with woothosting (alpharacks).

• donlidonli Member

@rino said:
      I still have a year left with woothosting (alpharacks).

My 3 (formerly) woot sites in LA are still up, have you checked yours?

• tetechtetech Member

Their latest twitter post (7h):

Keep your company and your customers safe online, make sure you follow these ecommerce security essentials:

which is pretty ironic!

Thanked by 1Chuck
    • perennateperennate Member, Provider

Thought they'd go out with a whimper not a bang.
      I really need to stock up some popcorn.

This discussion has been closed.