Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks

Comments

• donlidonli Member

@mansoor said:
    One good thing that has come out of this is that I am not longer getting SPAM email from Alpharacks. Finally unsubscribed!

Don't worry, eventually someone else will end up with the email list.

• For some reason I can still ping my vps server in NY but when I try to SSH I get connection refused message.
    Does that mean not all of their servers are down?

• donlidonli Member

@msallak1 said:
    For some reason I can still ping my vps server in NY but when I try to SSH I get connection refused message.

What datacenter in NY is your VPS in? Was it a woot, nfp, hostmybytes or a-racks VPS when you originally purchased it?

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited May 2019

delete

• newzennewzen Member

@deank said:
    Pretty much. I think their claim of having 100,000 clients was probably the height of the lies.

Seeing the amount of forum reactions and twitter replies, I think 1,000 is the correct number.
    Additionally, only original AP clients are down. Woooohosting clients are up.

Im a woohosting original client and my vps is down too.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited May 2019

That means AP was in progress of moving WooOoOo clients to their QN servers.

• tetechtetech Member

@mansoor said:
    One good thing that has come out of this is that I am not longer getting SPAM email from Alpharacks. Finally unsubscribed!

All the spam is in their mailq

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

deank said: The owners of AP stole from QN. QN is unwilling to work with AP.

I guess it maybe is not so simple... Maybe the legal owner(s) of AR in the papers are not the QN employes, but the last ones are those who grabbed cheapo services from QN to use them in AR. QN discovered the fraud and AR paper owner is trying to push Qn to give back the services. AR is a dead horse and the tweets are, IMO, just for their internal or soon-to-be legal battle with QN...

In any case, an advice to all AR clients that are hoping their services come back: Please, don;t hold your breath till then...

• donlidonli Member

@jvnadr said:

I guess it maybe is not so simple... Maybe the legal owner(s) of AR in the papers are not the QN employes, but the last ones are those who grabbed cheapo services from QN to use them in AR. QN discovered the fraud and AR paper owner is trying to push Qn to give back the services. AR is a dead horse and the tweets are, IMO, just for their internal or soon-to-be legal battle with QN...

Sometimes situations like this are as simple as employees of a company giving sweetheart deals to friends/relatives. The company eventually finds out and cancels any of the special deals.

Thanked by 3jvnadr Chuck lazyt
  • newzennewzen Member

@deank said:
    Pretty much. I think their claim of having 100,000 clients was probably the height of the lies.

Seeing the amount of forum reactions and twitter replies, I think 1,000 is the correct number.
    Additionally, only original AP clients are down. Woooohosting clients are up.

Im a woohosting original client and my vps is down too.

• poissonpoisson Member

Mourn your lost data and move on. They are in a better place now.

If you want big boobs, virginity and dirt cheap prices, expect some nasty infections eventually. Never scrimp on quality condoms.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Just curious: does anyone have a service at AR that is working?

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@angstrom said:

Yes, my 3 formerly Woot $1/year Shared Hosting services (on 2 different servers at QuadraNet) are still functioning.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@donli said:

@angstrom said:

Yes, my 3 formerly Woot $1/year Shared Hosting services (on 2 different servers at QuadraNet) are still functioning.

I see. Then a working hypothesis is that the former Woot customers are on QN servers that aren't affected by this affair.

I wonder about former HostMyBytes customers.

• donlidonli Member

@angstrom said:

@donli said:

@angstrom said:

I see. Then a working hypothesis is that the former Woot customers are on QN servers that aren't affected by this affair.

I've seen reports by some Woot VPS customers that they had their services physically moved to a different server/IP address after the takeover and those people are down now.

My services still have the same IP addresses they had before the takeover so they apparently weren't moved.

I really have no good theory why mine are still up.

@donli said:

@angstrom said:

@donli said:

@angstrom said:

I've seen reports by some Woot VPS customers that they had their services physically moved to a different server/IP address after the takeover and those people are down now.

My services still have the same IP addresses they had before the takeover so they apparently weren't moved.

I really have no good theory why mine are still up.

Okay, my working hypothesis was too simplistic. :smiley:

edited May 2019

Some of former Woo hosting clients said theirs were down.

Chances are that AP was in a slow progress of relocating WoW clients to QN location.

Donliliano was lucky.

• zedzed Member

@donli said:

can confirm this, they migrated the vps and changed the ip (told me about it after i contacted support) then this happened and it's been down just about 4d at this point.

amusingly this $20/yr? woot vps was rock solid for just about 2 years!

using it as a vpn kinda sucked with the new turkish ip and the support guy didn't seem to know what that meant when i asked.. and it's about a month out from renewal. i guess i'm not super upset.

fun to watch unfold anyway.

• @poisson said:
    Mourn your lost data and move on. They are in a better place now.

If you want big boobs, virginity and dirt cheap prices, expect some nasty infections eventually. Never scrimp on quality condoms.

Sounds like you don't know what virginity is. That's surprising ;)

Virginity is a medical condition where one can't get any in its life.

• @donli said:

@msallak1 said:
    For some reason I can still ping my vps server in NY but when I try to SSH I get connection refused message.

What datacenter in NY is your VPS in? Was it a woot, nfp, hostmybytes or a-racks VPS when you originally purchased it?

Sorry for not including those info.
    I purchased my vps server from NFPhosting and when I check ip address it says ISP is ColoCrossing

Thanked by 1joepie91
  • liampogiliampogi Member
    edited May 2019

Seems to be no chance with alpharacks now, so I have already moved on with a better service, it's ovh.

• Day 4 and still down ... Glad I moved out a while ago.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

Thanked by 2hostdare lazyt
  • tetechtetech Member

@Kiwi83 said:

They still show up in a Google search. So what?

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member

@tetech said:

@Kiwi83 said:

It seems we don't share the same sense of humor.

• newzennewzen Member

Finally a get a ticket answer
    "We are aware of an outage and ask for your patience. It appears that our datacenter / network upstream is facing a route issue which is causing downtime for some customers. We appreciate your trust and patience and are working as diligently as possible to restore services.

We are just looking further into this matter for you and will be delivering a prompt up to you as soon as we can. This could take up to a couple of working days, but we aim to have this incidence concluded as soon as possible.

We are further in correspondence with our datacenter. Also if you've detected that our site is being slow its due the fact we are receiving a high ticket load.

Compensation will be offered in the form of SLA credit to SLA.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards.
    "

@newzen said:
    "We are aware of an outage and ask for your patience. It appears that our datacenter / network upstream is facing a route issue which is causing downtime for some customers. We appreciate your trust and patience and are working as diligently as possible to restore services.

We are just looking further into this matter for you and will be delivering a prompt up to you as soon as we can. This could take up to a couple of working days, but we aim to have this incidence concluded as soon as possible.

We are further in correspondence with our datacenter. Also if you've detected that our site is being slow its due the fact we are receiving a high ticket load.

Kind regards.
    "

Wow, finally an answer from them!

(That's a canned answer that people have already posted more than once. It's a useless answer.)

• ChuckChuck Member

@newzen said:

Kind regards.
    "

useless answer. They have been telling people same thing for days.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@tetech said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Check out the ad

Thanked by 2angstrom Amitz