Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge downtime at AlphaRacks

Comments

• donlidonli Member

@fruvous said:
    What refunds?

Every day's delay is another group of people who can't do chargebacks.

• teamaccteamacc Member

If you have a 50c/year plan and its down for 3 days days, you'll get less than half a cent back.

• alvinalvin Member

Completely dead of Alpharacks

• Why are you using alpharacks nameservers instead of cloudflare?

• @fruvous said:
    So what can I do other than cancel my renewal? I never signed up with AlphaRacks and got sucked in to this after they bough NFP.

Wait for the class action lawsuit

• deankdeank Member, Troll

From my experience, lowned people are incapable of pushing for any lawsuits for two primary reasons.

1. They are too cheap to do that.
    2. For them, privacy matters for some reasons, and filing for a lawsuit means they blow their privacy.
  • donlidonli Member

@teamacc said:

If you have a 50c/year plan and its down for 3 days days, you'll get less than half a cent back.

Clearly they need to give 2 days credit for every day down then.

• LeviLevi Member

I wouldn't hold my breath for them ever come back. It's a deadpool and if you had no backups - GG!

• donlidonli Member

@LTniger said:
    I wouldn't hold my breath for them ever come back. It's a deadpool and if you had no backups - GG!

I did see a few tweets from people that did have backups but they were on other a-racks servers/locations.

• UKCC1UKCC1 Member

My ex Woot VPS now with Alpharacks has also been down for over 24 hours. Although my IP is based in Latvia so clearly they are lying when they say they are only LA and Miami based server that will have the issue. No response to tickets asking why my VPS is also down when it is a US server issue. I suspect they might be getting DDOS as even the Alpharacks website loads very slowly.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • donlidonli Member

@UKCC1 said:
    My ex Woot VPS now with Alpharacks has also been down for over 24 hours. Although my IP is based in Latvia so clearly they are lying when they say they are only LA and Miami based server that will have the issue. No response to tickets asking why my VPS is also down when it is a US server issue. I suspect they might be getting DDOS as even the Alpharacks website loads very slowly.

My woot shared hosting on 2 different servers in QN LA are still up for some reason.

I think a-racks is very slow because of desperate customers trying to access their sites.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • AF didn't have server at CC ? What about them ?

• donlidonli Member

@ben47955 said:
    AF didn't have server at CC ? What about them ?

I don't think alpha had anything at ColoCrossing - did they?

Don't think so unless some are smoking weeds.

• Yeah, maybe I'm confusing some shitty host.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited May 2019

UKCC1 said: My ex Woot VPS now with Alpharacks has also been down for over 24 hours. Although my IP is based in Latvia so clearly they are lying when they say they are only LA and Miami based server that will have the issue. No response to tickets asking why my VPS is also down when it is a US server issue. I suspect they might be getting DDOS as even the Alpharacks website loads very slowly.

No, it is actually in LA and Miami. They rent a bunch of somewhat-gross IP space from the hoarders DET/Host1plus/whatever the fuck they are now.

whois -h whois.ripe.net ORG-DETL1-RIPE | grep mnt-ref

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Sofia_KSofia_K Member
    edited May 2019

People Should Actually Open A Thread on LET when Alpharacks is UP.
    (pun intended) :)

• expressplexexpressplex Member
    edited May 2019

Alpharacks have market in such a way that they bought nfp woot etc but its all the same company look like now merged with parent organization may be they dont paid their provider quadranet and they suspended the server they say they have 100000 + customer that is totally bullshit if any company if have that much then clients then 3-4 days downtime never occurs they take care of their client data safety
    its look like they wont come back better move to other provider and if you have backup move on

Always remove 2 or 3 zeroes when someone brags about numbers.

Life rule number 666.

• look at latest update from them at twitter 22min ago they claiming that quadranet has disable all network assigned to them which is totally bullshit
    big problem is they unable to pay invoice

edited May 2019

The owners of AP stole from QN. QN is unwilling to work with AP.

It's not about invoice. Due to legal issues, they can't pay.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@expressplex said:
    look at latest update from them at twitter 22min ago they claiming that quadranet has disable all network assigned to them which is totally bullshit

You are referring to this:

We are still in discussion with QuadraNet, the situation at QuadraNet is they have disabled most of our network, which appears to be a situation between an internal dispute within QuaraNet.

To further rubbish accusations we are not owned by former QuadraNet employees.

@expressplex said:

I don't think it's "unable to pay invoice" I think it is more the service was terminated due to being unauthorized use of QuadraNet equipment by some QuadraNet employees gone rogue who have been terminated.

• expressplexexpressplex Member
    edited May 2019

Yes, they are claiming that they are not owned by ex employees of Quadranet

i think its tough for them to come back

@donli said:

@expressplex said:
    look at latest update from them at twitter 22min ago they claiming that quadranet has disable all network assigned to them which is totally bullshit

You are referring to this:

We are still in discussion with QuadraNet, the situation at QuadraNet is they have disabled most of our network, which appears to be a situation between an internal dispute within QuaraNet.

To further rubbish accusations we are not owned by former QuadraNet employees.

@expressplex said:

I don't think it's "unable to pay invoice" I think it is more the service was terminated due to being unauthorized use of QuadraNet equipment by some QuadraNet employees gone rogue.

edited May 2019

AP has spewed some cheap lies on their twitter and it seems the clients are actually buying that bullshit.

Oh, well, what can you do.

• solairesolaire Member

@deank said:
    AP has spewed some cheap lies on their twitter and it seems the clients are actually buying that bullshit.

Weren't they essentially doing the same thing when they posted their deals? Those were also cheap lies, to say the least.

Pretty much. I think their claim of having 100,000 clients was probably the height of the lies.

Seeing the amount of forum reactions and twitter replies, I think 1,000 is the correct number.
    Additionally, only original AP clients are down. Woooohosting clients are up.

• donlidonli Member

@deank said:

Hope springs eternal when you have no offsite backups.

• mansoormansoor Member

One good thing that has come out of this is that I am not longer getting SPAM email from Alpharacks. Finally unsubscribed!

edited May 2019

Nah, give it few weeks. Their email list will be sold off and you will get spam again.

Or they will open a new brand with inherited email list.

Thanked by 1lowendclient