Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why OVH doesn't deploy servers as 1Gbps as a standard?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why OVH doesn't deploy servers as 1Gbps as a standard?

It has come to my attention that OVH were deploying servers as 1Gbps up/down around a month ago. What happened to that? I see that many servers are still deployed as 500mbps and 1gbps is available as an upgrade?

If you go and see these deals

https://us.ovhcloud.com/products/servers/infrastructure-servers

USA servers are deployed as 500mbps? Why is still like that and not 1Gbps? Seems like this 1Gbps thing has not worked out for them or it is something else?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Send a formal, written by a lawyer, complaint to OVH.

Thanked by 1imok
  • imokimok Member

Because they want you to pay if you need more bandwidth.
    Also, their servers are unmetered IIRC. Unmetered @ 1gbps will be insane for those prices.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

I heard OVH is a business and its main aim is to make money, is this true?

Thanked by 1Electr0man
  • @imok said:
    Because they want you to pay if you need more bandwidth.
    Also, their servers are unmetered IIRC. Unmetered @ 1gbps will be insane for those prices.

Yeah but i dont understand why are they doing it, for example if you google ovh do 32 those servers are still deployed as 1gbps. Seems like ovh just randomly pick servers and locations and decide which will get it and which wont.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@1madam, the last time I heard OVH is a charity.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • vishvish Member

Hello and thank you for contacting the OVH branch of the LET Help Desk®

Good news — we are discontinuing our Premium and Platinum options, and all customers will be switched to the Ultimate option for the same price!

Get reductions of up to 09/01/2019 for your total subscription period

Pricing applicable with a limit of 20 Gbps per customer, and per datacentre.

source: https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/bandwidth-upgrade.xml

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

Bandwidth costs different amounts depending on location. It's probably financially feasible for them to offer it in some locations, but not in others.