Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any good firewall replacing my juniper SRX 3400
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

any good firewall replacing my juniper SRX 3400

logaritselogaritse Member

Currently i'm running juniper SRX3400 but seems need to retired soon, i'm looking another firewall similar like SRX3400 with 10Gb. Any suggestion ?

Thank you

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Well it's the usual answer, this depends on your use case.

Are you expecting 10Gbps ports, and to be able to push line rate 10Gbps speeds with firewalling? (and what type of firewalling, L7 throughput will be lower than others for example)

If you're sticking with Juniper;

The SRX1500 sounds like it would be a good fit here, it's a 1U form factor, less power hungry, 4x 10Gbps ports - though is not able to do full 10Gbps throughput. I believe off the top of my head it's rated to 6Gbps IMIX. The prices have gone down significantly on these too.

For roughly double the price you can get a lot more throughput out of an SRX4100 which is a beast and rated to 20Gbps IMIX on the spec sheet. However that's a software limit and our Juniper rep has mentioned that at the moment it's not enforced so you could actually reach SRX4200 speeds (40Gbps IMIX) with the SRX4100 SKU.

My only complaints about the SRX series is the L7 features are quite poor, so far I've not yet had the need to deploy those features but if that's ever needed I think we'll end up with some Palo Alto in our network.

Thanked by 1logaritse
  • Yeah, my vendor offer me SRX4100 with same price as SRX 3400; others suggest me with Barracuda F 600 c10.

My experience with Juniper is also bad for L7 and expensive yearly services.