Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: RCE VULNERABILITY | ‘Wormable’ Flaw in Windows XP, 7, and Server 2008 (R2)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: RCE VULNERABILITY | ‘Wormable’ Flaw in Windows XP, 7, and Server 2008 (R2)

psb777psb777 Member
edited May 2019 in General

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/05/microsoft-patches-wormable-flaw-in-windows-xp-7-and-windows-2003/

CVE-2019-0708 seems to be a rather serious RDP vulnerability disclosed today. It has the potential to become another WannaCry like outbreak.

I guess a few people are still using Server 2008 R2 on servers, or Windows 7 on PC. Don't forget to update!

Thanked by 3niceboy MasonR Aluminat

Comments

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited May 2019

😢🤦‍♀️

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Remote Execution, please add that to the title.

Thanked by 3coreflux malek lazyt
  • psb777psb777 Member

@Neoon said:

Sadly I can't edit the post anymore.

• ChuckChuck Member

shit OS, shit company, shit microsoft but people are still using it. Humans Are Dumb At Figuring Out How Smart Animals Are.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Chuck said:
    shit OS, shit company, shit microsoft but people are still using it. Humans Are Dumb At Figuring Out How Smart Animals Are.

This comes across that you're not smart enough to use Windows when every other pleb can.

Thanked by 1RoboMWM
  • JackHJackH Member

@psb777 said:

@Neoon said:

Sadly I can't edit the post anymore.

Added! Thanks for sharing...

Thanked by 1psb777
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

Chuck said: shit OS, shit company, shit microsoft but people are still using it. Humans Are Dumb At Figuring Out How Smart Animals Are.

So, Windows is the only OS or component in the IT industry that faces vulnerabilities. That's why your argument on dumb people that still using it...

Linux flavors do have their own share of security issues.
    Major routers do have their own share of security issues.
    Proccessors do have their own share of security issues.
    Other software does have it own share of security issues.
    Browsers do have their own share of security issues.

So, why only Windows/MS are shit and not all others?

Thanked by 2coreflux RoboMWM
  • @jvnadr said:

Chuck said: shit OS, shit company, shit microsoft but people are still using it. Humans Are Dumb At Figuring Out How Smart Animals Are.

So, Windows is the only OS or component in the IT industry that faces vulnerabilities. That's why your argument on dumb people that still using it...

Linux flavors do have their own share of security issues.
    Major routers do have their own share of security issues.
    Proccessors do have their own share of security issues.
    Other software does have it own share of security issues.
    Browsers do have their own share of security issues.

So, why only Windows/MS are shit and not all others?

I'll tell you why: they rebooted my computer halfway through a competitive Overwatch match.

Windows Update < macOS

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

doghouch said: I'll tell you why: they rebooted my computer halfway through a competitive Overwatch match.

hahaha, I'm totally with you!
    On a more serious note, all latest MS products, including those that hey bought recently, are going this awful route of constant and surprise updates... As you may all know, skype is quite common on live television, when more professional products like LiveU or Mobile Viewpoint are not available... Skype has recently created Skype for Broadcast, a GUI environment as a software for receiving multiple skype connections for news gathering in Broadcast Television.
    A common frustration to all of us is the surprising updates that, oh my, are going on automatically even when the system is on a live broadcast...
    Corporate practices with monopoly, closed apps etc.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

In other news: Water is liquid and the sun can be pretty hot.

Thanked by 2Aluminat lazyt
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited May 2019

doghouch said: I'll tell you why: they rebooted my computer halfway through a competitive Overwatch match.
    Windows Update < macOS

So MacOS is better because you can't play games on it? Or Windows is somehow bad because you don't have it set to install updates when you shut down, or keep ignoring them until it decides to finally restart for you?

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Daniel15 said:

Windows Update < macOS

So MacOS is better because you can't play games on it? Or Windows is somehow bad because you don't have it set to install updates when you shut down, or keep ignoring them until it decides to finally restart for you?

yes git gud

Thanked by 1mishagupta
  • RoboMWMRoboMWM Member

Idk why this thread devolved into a "omg I h8 windows upd8" but I've never had Windows 10 reboot on me; I actually had to manually run an update assistant to update a couple years ago. I even have a desktop (that's regularly used by multiple users) still on 1803 (April 2018 update).

Thanked by 1mishagupta
  • virtua_cloudvirtua_cloud Member, Patron Provider

Almost one million Windows vulnerable to this CVE...
    https://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/86240/hacking/internet-scan-bluekeep.html

• Seems to be legacy all those systems, or are ppl still using those versions?

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I'm worried. Do I need to update my OS/2?

• donlidonli Member

@jsg said:
    I'm worried. Do I need to update my OS/2?

Bite the bullet and move to OS/3 already.