Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi suspends my server even though it's paid up
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi suspends my server even though it's paid up

Dear LET help desk, I paid my Kimsufi invoice on May 10 (Friday) and today I got an email from them saying the server is suspended and will be wiped unless I pay up within 5 days. Is that typical from them? I never encountered it before. But since the expiration was during the weekend, it's sort of possible they hadn't yet processed the payment even though I got a receipt for it. The suspension notice came with a link to post to the OVH forum if I had any questions. I might do that I guess. Meh.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Welcome to LET support.

One of our reps will respond to you shortly (usually in 666 seconds).

Thanked by 1taubin
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Did you got confirmation, that the payment has been accepted from OVH?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • solairesolaire Member

Just raise a ticket with them? Never had this happen before and I've had Kimsufi servers for 5 year or so.

• FalzoFalzo Member

good luck with those OVH forums though...

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

Unfortunately, OVH now only accepts sisters as payment and not dinero.

• vishvish Member

@willie said:
    Is that typical from them?

Yes. I have had this happen in the past. They suspended the servers for a couple of days until their billing system caught up. This usually occurs with payments placed over the weekend or shortly before.

• donlidonli Member

Erroneously suspended service justifies highest priority ticket.

Not sure they (OVH) know the definition of "high priority" ticket but he can try.

@deank said:
    Not sure they (OVH) know the definition of "high priority" ticket but he can try.

Well, hardware faults when detected, got fixed in less then 60 minutes.
    And for questions via Ticket, even Kimsufi replied in less then 24 hours.

Thanked by 1sin
  • williewillie Member
    edited May 2019

Neoon said: Did you got confirmation, that the payment has been accepted from OVH?

Yes, on Friday. Well I'll wait a day or so and see if they catch up. It's an idle (storage) server like the rest of them anyway. Thanks.

24 hours is too long for LET standards. We see plenty of complaint threads for waiting 6 - 9 hours.

The lower they go, the faster they want support to respond. Not sure how that works but that's LET logic.

• saibalsaibal Member

I've had Kimsufis suspended even on a weekday (payment made well before deadline) and successfully renewed even during weekends (payment made after suspension). But they have always been renewed eventually and never wiped.

What did you use to pay? Can you still see your order page? What does it mention on your order page? You can raise a ticket as others have mentioned. I have always had my KS tickets replied to within 24 hours.

• Nate812Nate812 Member

@Neoon said:

@deank said:

My last OVH ticket took 17 days to respond to.

@Nate812 said:

@Neoon said:

@deank said:

My last OVH ticket took 17 days to respond to.

Well, Kimsufi is not OVH. OVH is OVH.

What has happened to Willie anyhow? He creates this thread and is suddenly a goner.

What a troll.

Thanked by 1willie
  • edited May 2019

Their payment system is delayed.
    Pay a few days before the due day.

• donlidonli Member

@greattomeetyou said:
    Their payment system is delayed.
    Pay a few days before the due day.

If you have to pay a few days before the due day then the due day really isn't is it?

• edited May 2019

donli said: If you have to pay a few days before the due day then the due day really isn't is it?

I think it is not delayed on purpose, but it takes some time to validate payment, propagate through the system.
    Raise a ticket and ask them, if they hear enough from LET folks, they may improve?

• williewillie Member

greattomeetyou said: if they hear enough from LET folks, they may improve?

Ahahahahahahahahaha you must be new here.

• willie said: Ahahahahahahahahaha you must be new here.

I know, right.
    Just pay 1-2 days before the due date, problem solved. Why risk it?

• sinsin Member
    edited May 2019

@Neoon said:

@deank said:

Yeah I use Kimsufi US and my tickets were always responded to within 24 hours during business days and when my server refused to boot back up I got an email right away from them notifying me a tech was checking it and had it fixed in around 45 min.> @willie said:

Dear LET help desk, I paid my Kimsufi invoice on May 10 (Friday) and today I got an email from them saying the server is suspended and will be wiped unless I pay up within 5 days. Is that typical from them? I never encountered it before. But since the expiration was during the weekend, it's sort of possible they hadn't yet processed the payment even though I got a receipt for it. The suspension notice came with a link to post to the OVH forum if I had any questions. I might do that I guess. Meh.

Open a support ticket so they can have someone check it, I don't think they do the forum support anymore I thought it was all support tickets now for Kimsufi?

• williewillie Member

Based on Vish's comment I'll wait a day or two before opening a ticket. I wanted to cancel this server anyway but didn't get around to moving the data to another server so I went and renewed. I'll try to do that in the next days also, but it's a backup of a backup so if it gets wiped I'll be ok.

Plot twist, the original backup is corrupt and his production server experiences raid failure.

• williewillie Member

Double plot twist, the data is worthless anyway.

• sibapersibaper Member

I had this problem too, they suspend and delete my server. I ask why they delete my server, do I abuse their network, etc

1 month later they tell me, "it's not because abuse or late payment. Will let you know when I got more information"
    few month later I hear nothing from them. I even forget about them, until I saw this thread

• jamujajamuja Member

willie said: Based on Vish's comment I'll wait a day or two before opening a ticket. I wanted to cancel this server anyway

I had a kimsufi server before. It took me 20 days to cancel and get the refund because my server was unusable.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

hetzner

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • williewillie Member

jamuja said: It took me 20 days to cancel

You're actually not supposed to cancel kimsufi/ovh servers. You just stop renewing them and they cancel automatically. CConner, main purpose of this box is to back up a Hetzner box, so having them on separate providers adds diversity.

• sibapersibaper Member

@CConner said:

hetzner

too much packet loss

I often unable to reach my server there for few second