Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone looking to transfer out EX42-NVME (Germany)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone looking to transfer out EX42-NVME (Germany)

Looking for EX42-NVMe in Germany. Transfer to me if you are no longer in used or willing to let go.

Thanks

Comments

• mrclownmrclown Member

Still looking.

• HelloMHelloM Member

There are lots in stock, why not just order one? or are you looking to save the setup fee?

• Dont order finland, they cap 500mbps bandwidth

• mrclownmrclown Member

@HelloM said:
    There are lots in stock, why not just order one? or are you looking to save the setup fee?

Just want to test for short while. So yes, I want to avoid setup fee if someone else isn't using anymore. Otherwise will just order in next 1-2 days :smile:

• mrclownmrclown Member

@hawkjohn7 said:
    Dont order finland, they cap 500mbps bandwidth

Eee. that's the info I need and which I want to test for germany. Any cap there too?

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@hawkjohn7 said:

Source? I've never seen this mentioned anywhere else? @Hetzner_OL

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • finndevfinndev Member

@hawkjohn7 said:

Why do you think that?

$ ~ # wget http://speedtest.tele2.net/1000GB.zip -O /dev/null
    --2019-05-11 16:04:35--  http://speedtest.tele2.net/1000GB.zip
    Resolving speedtest.tele2.net (speedtest.tele2.net)... 90.130.70.73, 2a00:800:1010::1
    Connecting to speedtest.tele2.net (speedtest.tele2.net)|90.130.70.73|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1073741824000 (1000G) [application/zip]
    Saving to: '/dev/null'

/dev/null                              0%[                               ]   1.76G   **110MB/s **   eta 2h 37

• @finndev said:

@hawkjohn7 said:

Why do you think that?

$ ~ # wget http://speedtest.tele2.net/1000GB.zip -O /dev/null
    --2019-05-11 16:04:35--  http://speedtest.tele2.net/1000GB.zip
    Resolving speedtest.tele2.net (speedtest.tele2.net)... 90.130.70.73, 2a00:800:1010::1
    Connecting to speedtest.tele2.net (speedtest.tele2.net)|90.130.70.73|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 1073741824000 (1000G) [application/zip]
    Saving to: '/dev/null'

/dev/null                              0%[                               ]   1.76G   **110MB/s **   eta 2h 37

Can cofirm 110MB/s for both FI servers. So problem seems on @hawkjohn7 side

• Try upload to google drive or uptobox. Alltime i just got 500mbps with ubuntu 18.05

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    Try upload to google drive. Alltime i just got 500mbps with ubuntu 18.05

yeah i noticed that too, i can only get 300-400mbps when uploading to gdrive. i managed to get it fixed by using rclone

• mrclownmrclown Member

Seems like nobody want to transfer it out or not many people even started with that.

• williewillie Member

Do you expect EX42 to be different from an auction server?

• mrclownmrclown Member

@willie said:
    Do you expect EX42 to be different from an auction server?

Not exactly much at least grantee bandwidth and better IO. I have few auction servers. But price different isn't a lot for NVMe. Merely 10+ EUR more. So willing to test and idle like others most likely. 😂

• williewillie Member

mrclown said: Not exactly much at least grantee bandwidth and better IO

What do you mean about bandwidth? Does the EX42 have more? I have an auction server, bandwidth to within EU is great but to North America is only so-so. If I can do better with an EX42 then I might upgrade (maybe even to an EX52 or 62) though it would mostly be to get more storage. I tried with a cloud server a while back and didn't notice any difference, but didn't note down details.

• mrclownmrclown Member

@willie said:

mrclown said: Not exactly much at least grantee bandwidth and better IO

What do you mean about bandwidth? Does the EX42 have more? I have an auction server, bandwidth to within EU is great but to North America is only so-so. If I can do better with an EX42 then I might upgrade (maybe even to an EX52 or 62) though it would mostly be to get more storage. I tried with a cloud server a while back and didn't notice any difference, but didn't note down details.

I don't see any auction server stated as grantee 1gps bandwidth unlike EX or others. I still have doubt as unlikely to have better connection to NA/US since same route.

• williewillie Member

Oh you meant guarantee. Hmm I'm very skeptical of any such guarantee: 1gbps of dedicated bw cross-atlantic costs $100s per month if not more. Is there a test IP where I can try a transfer from Canada?

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

MasonR said: Source? I've never seen this mentioned anywhere else? @Hetzner_OL

This is because we don‘t cap the bandwidth in Finland.

mrclown said: I don't see any auction server stated as grantee 1gps bandwidth unlike EX or others.

ALL our dedicated root servers have a dedicated 1 Gbit uplink and unlimited traffic. That includes our auction servers as well. There are a few exceptions that you can see here: https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

willie said: Is there a test IP where I can try a transfer from Canada?

According to RZSE they are currently working on creating a possibility to test this. However, we cannot estimate when this will be ready for use. The easiest way to test the connection from Canada will probably be to start a CX11 and do the necessary tests there for a few bucks (and cancel the server if not happy). Or you could order your desired dedicated root server and terminate the contract within 14 days if you are not satisfied with the results. Hope this answer was useful.

--Julia, Marketing

• williewillie Member

Hetzner_OL said: The easiest way to test the connection from Canada will probably be to start a CX11 and do the necessary tests there for a few bucks (and cancel the server if not happy). Or you could order your desired dedicated root server and terminate the contract within 14 days if you are not satisfied with the results. Hope this answer was useful.

I currently have an i7-3770 auction server and have done some tests with cloud servers, and have always gotten relatively slow transfer to Canada. What I was interested in testing was the connection from an EX server on the theory that their network provisioning was somehow different. But if they're not different then this test is not needed. It's ok, the comparatively slow transatlantic network is a limitation that I can live with. Thanks.