Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linode Frankfurt - New EPYC CPUs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linode Frankfurt - New EPYC CPUs?

v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I've just deployed a new Linode VPS in Frankfurt, while running a benchmark I noticed the new AMD CPUs, does anyone know, whether they just upgraded their nodes?
Performance is awesome, especially for 5$.

Comments

• edited May 2019

Very good benchmark result.. I believe the node still empty..

Thanked by 1desperand
  • AndruAndru Member

@chocolateshirt said:
    Very good benchmark result.. I believe the node still empty..

Was empy.. :wink: since he posted the this bench on $5 dollar machine :wink:

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

pretty old news, Linode depending on datacenters has a mix on Intel Xeon E5 v2, v3, v4 and Xeon Gold Skylakes and AMD EPYCs https://community.centminmod.com/threads/guessing-linodes-next-server-cpus.12642/#post-61687 :)

For AMD EPYC, only seem AMD EPYC 7451 and EPYC 7501 on Linode so far. Also Linode's new dedicated cpu VPSes are AMD EPYC I believe.

• Btw, Knowing the price of EPYCs and other processors, is not it will be cheaper to buy a little bit more powerful model, but which costs in 3x times less and which bring 24 cores and 48 threads instead of 32 cores and 64 threads? 30% potential CPU difference, 300% price difference.