Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reselling VPS's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reselling VPS's

rpx1234rpx1234 Member
edited May 2019 in Help

Hello,
I have been looking for a way to resell low end VPS's at a very low cost around $3 usd to people so that it can be competitive with Digital oceans droplet prices, I expecting most of the VPS's that will be sold will have 1 cpu and 1 gb of memory and a min of 10 gb of storage. Most places that I have found seem to have expensive VPS's to begin with. Do you know of any VPS reseller provider that provides low costs?
Any input is appreciated and any suggestions to any alternative that do not have a high start cost would be helpful.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Welcome to LET support.

Somebody will respond soon.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    Welcome to LET support.

Somebody will respond soon.

Thank you for holding.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/157402/anynode-net-new-resource-pools-from-12-yr-1gb-ram-ovz7#latest

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited May 2019

We have a Resale Program:
    https://www.smarthost.net/resale.php
    ...that is popular for reselling VPS packages, including within your price range:
    https://www.smarthost.net/vps-hosting.php

We also have a polled resource VPS Reseller Hosting service being released shortly this week as well, so you can buy mass resources and divide them up amongst your clients as you deem fit.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited May 2019

If you want to resell at low, low prices, you must remove the middleman, thus you.
    Only by running and maintaining your own infrastructure you could achieve such levels of efficiency, therefore not a reseller, but owner.
    Had there been a magical money profit making machine, we all would've got one, up and running all the time and cranked up to eleven.

Hmmm bitcoin mining? Nah... Peripetuum mobile. But what good is a self sustaining system that you can't put or take anything in or out of it... As a matter of fact, even if it exists as a subset of this universe, you won't be able to see it or interact with it.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

Wait a bit. Summer in the northern hemisphere begins on Friday, 21 June.

Thanked by 1sudoranger

Aye.

• @angstrom said:
    Wait a bit. Summer in the northern hemisphere begins on Friday, 21 June.

Lol... It might already begin today!

• Always better to build out than to resell. You'll still make more profit even if you bring someone on to build out your infrastructure than to resell. Just do what I'm doing right now:

1) Purchase several servers.
    2) Obtain 10Gbit/s connectivity to servers.
    3) Obtain IPv4 and IPv6 address blocks from ARIN, along with ASN.
    4) Build out website and ordering infrastructure.
    5) Start seeking out ways to advertise/find forums that you can advertise in, once you meet the requirements for advertising in said for forums.

In the long run, all you're paying for is your recurring bandwidth costs and you're making more than what you would be reselling.

Thanked by 1donli
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@conradrock said:
    Always better to build out than to resell. You'll still make more profit even if you bring someone on to build out your infrastructure than to resell. Just do what I'm doing right now:

5) Start seeking out ways to advertise/find forums that you can advertise in, once you meet the requirements for advertising in said for forums.

In the long run, all you're paying for is your recurring bandwidth costs and you're making more than what you would be reselling.

That sounds like work.

Maybe he doesn't want to work during summer vacation.

• @rpx1234 said:
    Hello,
    I have been looking for a way to resell low end VPS's at a very low cost around $3 usd to people so that it can be competitive with Digital oceans droplet prices, I expecting most of the VPS's that will be sold will have 1 cpu and 1 gb of memory and a min of 10 gb of storage. Most places that I have found seem to have expensive VPS's to begin with. Do you know of any VPS reseller provider that provides low costs?
    Any input is appreciated and any suggestions to any alternative that do not have a high start cost would be helpful.

You can check my latest "YourLastHost - VPS Resource Pool - $6.95/mo - Deploy in Los Angeles, France, Jacksonville & Dallas" offer.

• @donli said:

That sounds like work.

Maybe he doesn't want to work during summer vacation.

True, but I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe give him an actual money making suggestion :smiley:

edited May 2019

Not directed at OP.

What they want to do is set up a simple webhost, bring money in first so that they can buy some Steam games. If lucky, they can even afford a new laptop.

Bringing in money is the top priority. Nothing else matters. Profitability and sustainability is not even on their list.

• rpx1234rpx1234 Member
    edited May 2019

@conradrock said:
    Always better to build out than to resell. You'll still make more profit even if you bring someone on to build out your infrastructure than to resell. Just do what I'm doing right now:

That is my plan to do in the future but as of right now I am looking for ways to fund it and am trying ways like reselling to generate income to fund creating something like that. I currently have 2 servers that I use for random stuff and am possibly thinking of maxing there specs out and putting them in a colocation that can provide those internet speeds and ipv4 ip addresses. My plan right now it to build the website and ordering infrasture so that people can order resold VPS but when I get enough capital I will switch to my own servers to lower costs in the long run.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

... and within a year you would end up being closed down.

Try to focus on realistic & sustainable profits.
    Low price != good business (at inception stage, unless you are backed by huge investors or you can afford burning cash at a very high rate)