Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

80% Off Fast Hosting! - Pure SSD/NVMe - LiteSpeed - MariaDB - JetBackup - Free SSL – DDoS
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

80% Off Fast Hosting! - Pure SSD/NVMe - LiteSpeed - MariaDB - JetBackup - Free SSL – DDoS

HostMantisHostMantis Member, Provider
    edited May 8 in Shared Hosting Offers

Who is HostMantis?

HostMantis specializes in making reliable hosting affordable. Offering affordable web hosting at a great price is our passion and always will be. Whether it be shared web hosting or reseller web hosting, you can rest assured you are receiving the best possible price and service with HostMantis!

Our locations include: USA, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Singapore and Australia

What's the deal?

Use promotional code: LET80OFFMAY2019 at checkout for 80% off recurring on any Shared/Reseller hosting plan when paid yearly or higher*

Get our Shared Entry plan for $3.30 USD/year with code!!!

Get our Reseller Entry plan for $9.68 USD/year with code!!!

Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting Features:

Unlimited Bandwidth
    Free DDoS Protection
    Superfast NMVe SSD Drives
    Free Let's Encrypt SSL
    LiteSpeed Web Server
    LSCache
    Latest cPanel
    CloudLinux
    Cloudflare
    Multiple PHP Versions
    MariaDB
    JetBackup
    In-House Technical Support
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Softaculous Premium (Install WordPress in a snap!)
    ClamAV Virus Scanner
    SpamAssassin Spam Filter
    Cron Jobs

Detailed Shared Hosting Plan Info: https://www.hostmantis.com/shared-hosting.html

Detailed Reseller Hosting Plan Info: https://www.hostmantis.com/reseller-hosting.html

FAQ

What system resource limits (CPU/RAM/Etc.) do you have?
    You can view our system resource limits here: https://my.hostmantis.com/knowledgebase/260/System-Resource-Limits.html

How long does it take to setup my account?
    All accounts are activated instantly upon successful payment!

How long have you been in business?
    We have been operating as HostMantis since 2010

What payment methods do you accept?
    We accept: credit cards, PayPal and Bitcoin

Still have questions? Please contact us!: https://my.hostmantis.com/submitticket.php

*This promotion is not to be used to replace any existing HostMantis services

HostMantis - Making Reliable Affordable - cPanel / CloudLinux / NVMe SSD / LiteSpeed / JetBackup / Softaculous / DDoS Protected
    USA / Canada / Germany / France / UK / Singapore / Australia

Comments

• YuraYura Member

In 4 years you didn't learn to put prices in the offer?

Thanked by 2dedicados WebProject
    • HostMantisHostMantis Member, Provider

@Yura said:

Sorry folks! Updated with price after code info.

HostMantis - Making Reliable Affordable - cPanel / CloudLinux / NVMe SSD / LiteSpeed / JetBackup / Softaculous / DDoS Protected

• sharkgansharkgan Member

I have been using your host, he is very good. keep it up.

• sanvitsanvit Member

Where in the U.S? Do you have a looking glass? If I buy a reseller plan, can I make an account for all of the DCs or only the one I innitialy selected?

@sanvit said:
      Where in the U.S? Do you have a looking glass? If I buy a reseller plan, can I make an account for all of the DCs or only the one I innitialy selected?

We currently use OVH's Vint Hill, VA data center for our USA location.

If you need multiple locations, you would need multiple reseller plans.

Thanked by 1sanvit

• vovlervovler Member

I have the Reseller Entry plan in NY, the uptime is decent, there has been a big hiccup in Feb 2019 and a few smaller hiccups recently.

Not the greatest service but for the price I can't complain. Uptime report:
      https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/ff126f699d18277ecfa58fdef03defea/

Thanked by 2Ympker Sofia_K

"They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Yura said:

me-ow

Thanked by 1Yura

phuck dis guy

• GravelyGravely Member

I have been using multiple reseller hosting packages in their Sydney DC. Great uptime, low load and decent support.

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/128352557b4a98d2ecf858dac5ed3e92/

Thanked by 1FrankZ
    • donlidonli Member
      edited May 8

@HostMantis said:

@sanvit said:

We currently use OVH's Vint Hill, VA data center for our USA location.

Hmmm. Apparently when you did your recent migration to upgrade the version of CloudLinux you were running you moved my plan to a different data center in a different state. You should inform your clients when you are changing the geographic location of their service.

• can existing user use this code and extend quarterly to yearly ?

“The Mitigation is Spotless.” - Genius Guard, October 2016

@webclouddev said:
      can existing user use this code and extend quarterly to yearly ?

No, sorry. This promotion is not for modifying/replacing existing services.

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
      edited May 8

@HostMantis didn't you previously use ReliableSite in NY?

• For the looking glass, can we use the provider to test the ip?

• Canada, Singapore and United Kingdom Data Centers (OVH)
      • Germany, DE Data Center (Hetzner)
      • New York, NY Data Center (ReliableSite)
    • level6level6 Member

I didn't need any more hosting but always nice to have a host on a different ip pool!

That's not me.

• vovlervovler Member

@Gravely said:
      I have been using multiple reseller hosting packages in their Sydney DC. Great uptime, low load and decent support.

https://hetrixtools.com/report/uptime/128352557b4a98d2ecf858dac5ed3e92/

Better luck than me... huh

"They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

• Can anyone else post uptime reports? Basically I'm hoping to know which of their locations is the most "stable" among them.

• nishantknishantk Member

I hope you will add Mumbai or Bangalore location someday.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited May 8

Great performance and affordable price so far.
      Currently I have a Reseller Entry Plan and a Shared Premium (2nd level iirc) Plan with them.

Both in DE (Hetzner) location so I know nothing will go wrong on the "backend" as @Hetzner_OL got that covered :)

• elliotcelliotc Member

I have the Reseller Entry plan in SGP, no complain.
      Need to pay attention that they are unfriendly with Cloudflare.

Thanked by 2Sofia_K coreflux

Coffee, please.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
      edited May 8

Can/will you do litespeed reverse proxy config? (3x shared)

Thanked by 1jetchirag
    • AmitzAmitz Member

Have a shared account with them in NL since years now. Working very well, especially for the price.

Thanked by 2Ympker vimalware

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."
      Donald John Trump, Flat-Earther and White Supremacist, 2018

@elliotc said:
      I have the Reseller Entry plan in SGP, no complain.
      Need to pay attention that they are unfriendly with Cloudflare.

Again, we are not unfriendly with Cloudflare

• elliotcelliotc Member

Done a Research,

As for Cloudflare, at one point we stopped supporting it, but have since re-enabled it >on our servers and currently continue to support it on all of our servers. So we certainly don't "filter out Cloudflare".

My last ticket is 04/18/2018 (12:30), sorry about the outdated information.

Coffee, please.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

Can, existing customer, with existing account, moved into new plan ? and let the previous plan die peacefully ?

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

Can, existing customer, with existing account, moved into new plan ? and let the previous plan die peacefully ?

The promo is not meant to replace existing services.

It is for new clients or existing clients looking to add additional services.

We would rather not have to limit the promo to new clients only, but if that is how it is going to be used, then we may decide to.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

@HostMantis - Can/will you do litespeed reverse proxy config? (3x shared)

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

We would rather not have to limit the promo to new clients only, but if that is how it is going to be used, then we may decide to.

Let's say I order this service in addition to my previous one. Can / Can't you help me move my existing customer into the new one ?

• RadiRadi Member, Provider

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

Let's say I order this service in addition to my previous one. Can / Can't you help me move my existing customer into the new one ?

Just order it, move it yourself and cancel the previous service at the end of its billing period.

Thanked by 1coreflux

4 GB RAM/90 GB SSD/4 TB Traffic/KVM/1 IPv4 for $7/mo only here with coupon code "LET-It-GO".

• netfliqnetfliq Member

3 years subscription, never found a problem at all, very satisfied!

Thanked by 1HostMantis
    • level6level6 Member
      edited May 8

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

From what I've read here, Hostmantis won't do much hand holding. How much service do you expect at these prices - even at list price without the coupon? For the shared hosting, since no root access there are certain things the host has to do, can only do. I signed up for a small plan for redundancy and hope to never contact their support.

That's not me.

@Adam1 said:
      @HostMantis - Can/will you do litespeed reverse proxy config? (3x shared)

That is not something we support/offer, sorry.

level6 said: From what I've read here, Hostmantis won't do much hand holding. How much service do you expect at these prices - even at list price without the coupon? For the shared hosting, since no root access there are certain things the host has to do, can only do. I signed up for a small plan for redundancy and hope to never contact their support.

The scope of our support is to fix server and/or account related issues as they arise and to point clients in the right direction when they have an issue. Basically, if it is not working and it is something we are responsible for, we will quickly fix it.

The scope of our support does not extend to holding a clients hand and help them to edit a WordPress template or fix issues due to a coding error, for example.

At our prices, we do not feel this is an unreasonable level of support.

Thanked by 3Sofia_K level6 mrTom

• JackHJackH Moderator

@HostMantis Great offer, thanks for posting! Just wondering what your current stance on GDPR compliance is? :-)

Thanked by 1Ympker

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

@JackH said:
      @HostMantis Great offer, thanks for posting! Just wondering what your current stance on GDPR compliance is? :-)

Thanks! We are a USA company, but we do try to follow GDPR to the best of our ability.

@level6 said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

From what I've read here, Hostmantis won't do much hand holding. How much service do you expect at these prices - even at list price without the coupon? For the shared hosting, since no root access there are certain things the host has to do, can only do. I signed up for a small plan for redundancy and hope to never contact their support.

Some host offer free migration. That is moving data from another host server into theirs. What I am asking is much easier than that, moving account from their server to their server. I think asking such a thing is not unreasonable at all. If they won't do it, then that's fine. It's not the end of the world. I will just deploy hourly vps from do to do the migration myself.

@Radi said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

Just order it, move it yourself and cancel the previous service at the end of its billing period.

I prefer the host to do it if possible. They can do it better and faster than me.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
      edited May 8

@yokowasis said:

@level6 said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@yokowasis said:

@HostMantis said:

@webclouddev said:

Some host offer free migration. That is moving data from another host server into theirs. What I am asking is much easier than that, moving account from their server to their server. I think asking such a thing is not unreasonable at all. If they won't do it, then that's fine. It's not the end of the world. I will just deploy hourly vps from do to do the migration myself.

@HostMantis has mentioned several times that they can restore if you provide a cPanel backup :)

• angstromangstrom Member

@yokowasis said: Some host offer free migration. That is moving data from another host server into theirs. What I am asking is much easier than that, moving account from their server to their server. I think asking such a thing is not unreasonable at all.

For crying out loud, they're offering a recurring 80% discount. You want to take advantage of this discount and also for them to migrate your account? Really? You find this reasonable? Suppose that many other people also want to do as you: still reasonable?

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said: Some host offer free migration. That is moving data from another host server into theirs. What I am asking is much easier than that, moving account from their server to their server. I think asking such a thing is not unreasonable at all.

For crying out loud, they're offering a recurring 80% discount. You want to take advantage of this discount and also for them to migrate your account? Really? You find this reasonable? Suppose that many other people also want to do as you: still reasonable?

Yes.

A lot of Host offer free cpanel migration. I fail to see why asking something that is already offered by a lot of providers Unreasonable.

• FaiziFaizi Member

@yokowasis said:

Yes.

A lot of Host offer free cpanel migration. I fail to see why asking something that is already offered by a lot of providers Unreasonable.

Does other "providers" offer recurring 80% discount as well?

Thanked by 1coreflux

@yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:

Yes.

Then you should definitely choose those "many providers" who migrate accounts internally for free in order for customers to save a recurring 80% on their service. (I would challenge you to name even one such provider.)

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

@angstrom said:

@yokowasis said:

@angstrom said:

Yes.

Then you should definitely choose those "many providers" who migrate accounts internally for free in order for customers to save a recurring 80% on their service. (I would challenge you to name even one such provider.)

80% discount is irrelevant, because we don't give a shit about how much discount a service has, only the end price. And for $10 / year or more if you opt for higher tier package, there are a lot of provider that offer free cpanel migration, just go to the shared hosting section.

Thanked by 2Adam1 TimboJones

I prefer not named another provider here. But if you read another provider offers, you will know that a lot of them offer free migration. Since @HostMantis doesn't clearly said whether they offer free migration or not on their sales pitch, it's perfectly normal to ask it.

Again, I fail to see why asking some pre sales question is unreasonable. Just because host mantis offers 80 % discount suddenly some questions deemed unreasonable and you shouldn't ask it?

Thanked by 2angstrom NANO

@yokowasis said: Again, I fail to see why asking some pre sales question is unreasonable. Just because host mantis offers 80 % discount suddenly some questions deemed unreasonable and you shouldn't ask it?

Okay, I see now that I may have misinterpreted what you said/meant. Yes, let me agree that the question itself was reasonable and so if you meant this, then my reaction was misplaced, for which I apologize.

(I interpreted you to mean that the reply by HostMantis to your question was unreasonable.)

• SirFoxySirFoxy Member

@Faizi said:

@yokowasis said:

Yes.

Does other "providers" offer recurring 80% discount as well?

This isn't really a discount they post 70-80% off daily on their socials. This is pretty much regular price using scarcity.

phuck dis guy

SirFoxy said: This isn't really a discount they post 70-80% off daily on their socials. This is pretty much regular price using scarcity.

70%, yes. 80% is actually quite less common.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited May 8

yokowasis said: A lot of Host offer free cpanel migration. I fail to see why asking something that is already offered by a lot of providers Unreasonable.

So, for a price of 5-10$ per YEAR, you continuously saying that they should add support for moving an account from one server to another, something that will take maybe 10 minutes to their support guy.
      Can you even do some maths to see if there is any profit limit to this price to allow for such a service, giving as support anything but troubleshot?
      Calculate server costs, support for real issues, power, salaries to the employs, license fees, bandwidth costs, rent, taxes etc. Divide it with clients and the price they give. And add some more tech guys to fulfill demands like yours.

yokowasis said: if you read another provider offers, you will know that a lot of them offer free migration

Can you mention us another provider that sells a yearly feature-rich shared hosting plan with jet backup, being extremely stable and not overloaded AND give support to non-troubleshot related demands from the cheapo client? Enlighten us, please!
      At the end, if you think they are unreasonable, move away and rent another, more reasonable service. There are a lot in LEB that will deadpool before you spell your name.

Thanked by 1coreflux

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

SirFoxy said: This isn't really a discount they post 70-80% off daily on their socials. This is pretty much regular price using scarcity.

That's true. But see it in another angle: their "normal" prices are the normal prices any decent shared hosting provider will ask for such stable and feature-rich service. So, their "normal price" against their "social network offers" maybe reflects the real discount they give compared to what they really offer according to the market.

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

@yokowasis said:
      I prefer not named another provider here. But if you read another provider offers, you will know that a lot of them offer free migration. Since @HostMantis doesn't clearly said whether they offer free migration or not on their sales pitch, it's perfectly normal to ask it.

Again, I fail to see why asking some pre sales question is unreasonable. Just because host mantis offers 80 % discount suddenly some questions deemed unreasonable and you shouldn't ask it?

Years ago we had an situation where a client signed up and requested a migration of their account, which we performed for them without issue. The client later came to us and blamed us for their data disappearing on the remote server and demanded compensation.

So since then, it's been our internal policy not to log into remote systems and therefore we will only restore cPanel backups you provide to us to migrate accounts.

We have been reconsidering this policy recently as automated migrations using account login info is a much quicker/easier means of transferring accounts for both our clients and us.

Thanked by 2vimalware coreflux

• WildDaisyWildDaisy Member

I've used Hostmantis as well as other hosts for reseller accounts for a number of years. They are better than a lot of hosts that charge a lot more. My thoughts:

• Their support response time is good. But I don't make a habit of asking for support much because for what they charge, I don't think that would be fair. I just contacted their support today about a sales issue and they responded immediately.
      • Lots of resource for the money.
      • Importantly, it seems their team's knowledge level about managing servers has gone up over time, which one would expect if a business is in it for the long term.
    This discussion has been closed.