Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Companies that sell standalone GRE tunnels, without having another service with them already?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Companies that sell standalone GRE tunnels, without having another service with them already?

Can some of you please list the companies that sell standalone GRE tunnels, without having another service with them already?

Any that accept Bitcoin?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

X4B does this.

Francisco

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

GRE tunnels for what? BGP IP Transit? Or just a glorified VPN?

• @randvegeta said:
    GRE tunnels for what? BGP IP Transit? Or just a glorified VPN?

More so glorified VPN for me, but if you have some examples for both I'd be happy to check them out.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Probably just get a dirt cheap VPS and setup GRE yourself?

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Nate812Nate812 Member

@theblackesthat said:
    Can some of you please list the companies that sell standalone GRE tunnels, without having another service with them already?

Any that accept Bitcoin?

Yes. My friend does, PM me and I can share link and detaips

• I suggest just buy a VPS or dedicated from OVH and build your own GRE tunnel?

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

I can route you an IPv4 subnet up to a /27 via whatever tunnel you prefer (OpenVPN/WireGuard/GRE/...) from my router in Frankfurt. BGP and IPv6 are also available at no additional cost.

I'm a RIPE LIR (well not me but my company).

• Maybe I need to learn how to setup my own GRE tunnel, I didn't realize it would be that easy and I could do so on a small VPS. Maybe I need to see if there is a easy/automatic setup/install script on GitHub or something...

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@theblackesthat said:
    Maybe I need to learn how to setup my own GRE tunnel, I didn't realize it would be that easy and I could do so on a small VPS. Maybe I need to see if there is a easy/automatic setup/install script on GitHub or something...

@Francisco's guide is very well written and easy to follow even if you're not a BuyVM customer. I've used it to successfully set up a GRE tunnel in the past.

Link: https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

• @MasonR said:

@theblackesthat said:
    Maybe I need to learn how to setup my own GRE tunnel, I didn't realize it would be that easy and I could do so on a small VPS. Maybe I need to see if there is a easy/automatic setup/install script on GitHub or something...

@Francisco's guide is very well written and easy to follow even if you're not a BuyVM customer. I've used it to successfully set up a GRE tunnel in the past.

Link: https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/gre_tunnel

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Setting up your own GRE tunnel is very easy, was going to link the BuyVM guide too. Just make sure you make it persistent!

• @ulayer said:
    Setting up your own GRE tunnel is very easy, was going to link the BuyVM guide too. Just make sure you make it persistent!

For some reason, I always thought it was much more complicated. After looking at BuyVM guide, it seems much easier than originally thought.

• prq.se used to offer it and are very privacy minded. But now it is openvpn. Maybe ask them directly if they still do GRE on request.

https://www.trabia.com/ddos-protection.79-1.html is more expensive, but that's because it's meant for DDoS protection.

But yea, if getting a VPS and setting it up on there is now OK for you, there are just too many options to list. Any buyvm is probably a good choice then!