Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StableCloud/Austenite is no more
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StableCloud/Austenite is no more

lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

Just got this in my inbox:

It is with regret that I'm emailing you today, but nevertheless I am to provide you notice of the closure of StableCloud.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have to regrettably announce the closure of StableCloud, it's been a fantastic journey that wouldn't have been possible without our clients and friends we've made along the way.

We will not take on any further signups, any prepaid time will be honoured and your package will remain online. In addition, we'll continue to support you if you need it. Upon expiry of your package you will not be billed, and the package will subseuquently be deleted and removed from our servers. You should aim to migrate away your data on or before the expiry of your package.

In response to this news we have also engaged the owners at GNU-Host who will be happy to host you, honouring any existing prepaid time and grandfathering your existing prices. Please reach out to them on live chat to arrange movement of your data.

Once again, I'd like to thank our clients far and wide for your support.

You can proceed with logging in below to manage your account, access your cPanel account or seek support. However, payments are no longer being accepted in any capacity.

Best Regards
The StableCloud team

Guess I will be looking for a new place to host those low traffic sites again.

Comments

• inventiveinventive Member
    edited May 2019

It is always sad to see a good Host shut down, It is good that none of their users will lose any money as their accounts will remain online until their next due date.

• Hey @lnx

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused as a result of this, as mentioned within the email we're keeping everything online until expiration for absolutely every single customer. This will cover any customers paid up into later 2019 and forward into 2020.

This isn't something I've taken lightly, it's a brand I've worked hard on for 5-6 years and I genuinely believed that one day we'd 'make it'. To confirm, the business itself is in good shape and 2019 was set to be our best year so far.

I wish I could go into the reasons here for the closure, but I can tell you hand on heart that the decision was effectively taken out of my hands.

I'd like to take this opportunity wish you the best of luck with your future host, we'll continue to support as and when you need it for as long as you wish to remain with us and I'm truly grateful for your custom.

I'm hoping to stick around on LET in the form of a personal account.

Thanked by 3dedotatedwam FHR Ympker
  • ChuckChuck Member

I think jeff bezos is destroying small Cloud Hosting companies.

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

@Chuck said:

Yup, I have been around hosting since about 2000 and an amazed by what Amazon is doing but also realizing it is killing off a lot of the creative minds at the same time by its size.

Thanked by 2Chuck dedotatedwam
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@Chuck said:

Am I the only one that was happy that he got divorced, and thought he deserved the pain and aggravation and monetary loss?

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@Chuck said:

Why is Amazon more of a threat to small hosting companies than say, Wix?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

(Rich) men getting divorced is like entering the heaven.

Poor men getting divorced is losing pretty much everything.

• ChuckChuck Member

@SmartHost said:

@Chuck said:

Am I the only one that was happy that he got divorced, and thought he deserved the pain and aggravation and monetary loss?

Jeff Bezos' girlfriend looks like a cheap prostitute that ME wouldn't pay more than $50 for a bj.

btw, her brother leaked Jeff Bezos' dick. What a family he has gotten into!?

Thanked by 1msallak1
    edited May 2019

When one has too much money, they just corrupt themselves because life becomes too boring.

Thanked by 2coreflux Chuck
  • leang97leang97 Member

@deank said:
    When one has too much money, they just corrupt themselves because life becomes too boring.

But having no money doesn't make your life any interesting and fabulous either....

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@austenite: This looks like a well-handled shutdown, props for that :) I do think you'll probably want to remove the order links from your LET signatures!

• WolfWolf Member

No drama? How lame. This is not what LET deserves... :disappointed:

Sad to read & hear about it. Wish you just the best @austenite

Thanked by 1austenite
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Sad to see you closing up mate, would have really loved to see you growing even more!

Sell the design btw, get some bucks from it. You fully own it.

Thanked by 1austenite
  • Hey folks

I'm glad that everyone can see we're trying to do things as fairly as possible, ultimately it's the least customers deserve - to get what their hard earned cash paid for. If that means leaving things online, then so be it.

The messages of support and the offers from other hosts looking to work with us to provide a new home for our clients has been plenty. We're not looking to work with one particular company, but give our clients the time to consider their options then move away to a provider that's right for them. Simply offloading our clients to somewhere else without affording clients any sort of input or choice isn't my style, sorry! I will however be sure to recommend clients to those companies that have reached out.

@armandorg it was an absolute pleasure to work with you, I did think of selling the design, but it's the one thing I'll get to keep from all of this so I may just keep it!

Thanked by 2Wolf armandorg
  • HelloMHelloM Member

Really wish @austenite all the best. Think the closure notice has been handled professionally honouring clients existing plans, and a choice of options to move.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited May 2019

@leang97 said:

@deank said:

But having no money doesn't make your life any interesting and fabulous either....

Oh, but it does.
    Life turns into first person survival game, with a lot of action elements like doggogoges chasing you, racing elements as running to get in time for the last bus, stealth elements at night in risky areas and micromanagement strategies to earn coins so you can gather most cherished and valuable caloric foods so you don't die from lack of love.
    From time to time there is also a bonus round of losing battle with insanity, or sanity, whichever comes first, as the universe wants to merge your convergence point away.
    Anyhow, keep the health bar below zero and don't lose a life since there is only one available.
    Manna and stamina regenerate if you do things properly, thus efficiently.

Life is a DIY project.

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited May 2019

what? you should have transferred the customers to a shitty host for the remainder of their term as is customary here.

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2019

All the best in the future mate :)

If it is how it looks like and the things I've heard regarding this shutdown are true it seems like I was right to stop supporting Krystal back when they aquired SmartHosting and fked up big time (also removed all old fb reviews and other sources pointing to their shitty migration). Anyway no need for you to go into detail if you can't. It would be interesting to hear the story though :)

• leang97leang97 Member

@Janevski said:

@leang97 said:

@deank said:

Oh, but it does.
    Life turns into first person survival game, with a lot of action elements like doggogoges chasing you, racing elements as running to get in time for the last bus, stealth elements at night in risky areas and micromanagement strategies to earn coins so you can gather most cherished and valuable caloric foods so you don't die from lack of love.
    From time to time there is also a bonus round of losing battle with insanity, or sanity, whichever comes first, as the universe wants to merge your convergence point away.
    Anyhow, keep the health bar below zero and don't lose a life since there is only one available.

Sounds too troublesome and lengthy gameplay for me, is there any life hack that I can type in and get unlimited health and money?

• Janevski said: Anyhow, keep the health bar below zero and

Below? Above.

@leang97 said:

@Janevski said:

@leang97 said:

@deank said:

Oh, but it does.

Sounds too troublesome and lengthy gameplay for me, is there any life hack that I can type in and get unlimited health and money?

The only lifehack i know of is that cheap potatoe can be boiled and eaten to regenerate health.