Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"-Sent From My" On Emails
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

"-Sent From My" On Emails

SrvisLLCSrvisLLC Member
edited February 2012 in General

What do you think about phone carriers doing this, where they stamp their own little message at the bottom of your email letting everyone know what type of phone you have.

I was thinking I should add this feature to my rooted android, and have it say:
-Sent from a phone that's been overclocked.

and on my laptop:
-Sent from a HP Envy, are you Envious?

my iPod
-Sent from a place I listen to music from time to time.

and then my toilet:
-Sent from a, you don't want to know.

Comments

• Doesn't bother me.

• Doesnt bother me, More likely to make a mistake on a phone so it kinda warns them.

Its not like its hard to turn off or change - a non rooted android can do that

• OneTwoOneTwo Member
    edited February 2012

in the toilet:
    -Sent while I was taking a crap.
    P.S. Could you bring me some paper?

• I can understand having "sent from an (unnamed) mobile device" for mobile emails, it gives you a little bit of breathing room should you typo on a touchscreen or phone keyboard. Seeing that would let folks know that you aren't in fact illiterate, simply using an unfriendly input method.

But the folks that insist on having "sent from my IPHONE 425423GS", etc are just pricks wanting to feel special and validate having purchased a lifestyle.

Thanked by 1SrvisLLC
  • It's not the carriers,

But Apple did it first and has it enabled as the default signature. And many Android people also wanted todo it, and now it's generally catched on.

Thanked by 1Derek
  • Here in the US, the carriers have added their own special touch.
    Just yesterday I saw a phone:

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note a AT&T 4G LTE Smartphone ( or something along those lines )

• @ErrantWeb said: -Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note a AT&T 4G LTE Smartphone ( or something along those lines )

Thats weird, LTE isn't even 4G.

• @Daniel - read the full statement. "Or something along those lines".

• @Aldryic said: @Daniel - read the full statement. "Or something along those lines".

I did, I've also received an email with pretty much the same thing.

Thanked by 1SrvisLLC
  • Aah, gotcha. Wonder if it's a marketing ploy, then? (which is why those sigs really originated anyways)

Thanked by 1SrvisLLC
  • MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited February 2012

@Aldryic said: Aah, gotcha. Wonder if it's a marketing ploy, then? (which is why those sigs really originated anyways)

But yes its a marketing ploy, its like free advertisements. But its a pretty neat idea.

Edit: Read your post wrong, rewrote reply.

• I think all of the signatures for phones ect are a marketing ploy, if they weren't it would say.

-Sent from my mobile device.

• MrDOSMrDOS Member
    edited February 2012

In general, I see that sort of thing more as bragging. I do partially the default signature used by K-9 Mail, though: “Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.”

• just say

sent from a mobile device

to excuse your typos

anything else = you're a douche.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited February 2012

@liam said: replied to tickets with 'Sent from my iphone'.

sometimes i forgot to remove/turn it off after reinstalling the OS. hahaha

Sent from a car while driving in toll highway

• @Mon5t3r said: Sent from a car while driving in toll highway

Beautiful :P

• @ErrantWeb

heh, very easy doing that thing here in my country

Thanked by 2SrvisLLC NanoG6
  • premisopremiso Member
    edited February 2012

I thought it originated with the Blackberries, but I could be wrong.

As far as what annoys me, yea the "Sent from my .device with tons of info here." bugs me. Just put "Sent from my mobile device" if you must have it. I disable this completely, just because it annoys me, but about all it should be for is to warn people about typos.

--
    Sent from a galaxy far far away

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Mon5t3r said: heh, very easy doing that thing here in my country

Dude, all the cars are in the opposite direction!

j/k haha

• @netomx said: Dude, all the cars are in the opposite direction!

That's why they have the traffic jam! ;-)

• @netomx said: Dude, all the cars are in the opposite direction!

hahaha nope, mostly in all asian country cars are driven on the left side of the road and have the driver's seat and steering wheel on their right side. just like in UK.

• That ^

• @Mon5t3r said: hahaha nope, mostly in all asian country cars are driven on the left side of the road and have the driver's seat and steering wheel on their right side. just like in UK.

Ahm... it says j/k

About this, I don't care, but IMHO is just arrogant.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited February 2012

Actually most Asian countries drive on the right.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_side

It seems the only country's that still drive on the left are former territories of the British empire and the UK itself.

• I had this signature for some time:

Sent from my Dell Precision workstation with more computing power than the phone you read this message on.

But, US providers just change your email? (add something). Even if you would mail via an SSL connetion? (say gmail).