Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Stringer RSS Setup Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stringer RSS Setup Issue

huntercophuntercop Member
edited April 2019 in Help

Hey Guys & Gals,

I am interested in trying out Stringer RSS as it looks simple and cool, simple being the important factor. I am following instructions to set it up, however, I keep failing on one line. Same issue on Ubuntu 12-16, Debian 7-8 and Centos 6-7.

Instructions: https://github.com/swanson/stringer/blob/master/docs/VPS.md

Failure point:
sudo cp -a ~stringer/stringer/systemd-services/* /etc/systemd/system

Output:
stringer@rss:~/stringer$ sudo cp -a ~stringer/stringer/systemd-services/* /etc/systemd/system
[sudo] password for stringer:
Sorry, try again.
Sorry, try again.
sudo: 3 incorrect password attempts

Now, I know I am using the right password, any feedback on what is attributing to the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BochiBochi Member
    edited April 2019

To be honest: If it says it's the wrong password, it usually is... :P
    What I run into sometimes is a differenct character setting for my keyboard, so I think I am typing the right password while I am not.

• @Bochi said:
    To be honest: If it says it's the wrong password, it usually is... :P
    What I run into sometimes is a differenct character setting for my keyboard, so I think I am typing the right password while I am not.

Even did the copy paste technique.. not sure why its giving error. Could kernal version be an issue here? That's the only warning I got otherwise.

• BochiBochi Member

Don't think that is the problem...never heard about something like this, but that might not mean too much in this case.
    So I guess you are also not able to login as root and simply change the sudo password there?

• @Bochi said:
    Don't think that is the problem...never heard about something like this, but that might not mean too much in this case.
    So I guess you are also not able to login as root and simply change the sudo password there?

Logged in as root and able to change password, so the error is puzzling.