Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torrent's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Torrent's

sheilamsheilam Member

I am looking for a host who has do like public torrent's in EU's.

I asked several host, they said no, but the VPN service received a P2P VPN server how dose that work.

Comments

• They likely paid a lot more money for their servers than you are willing to pay for a tiny VPS.
    Maybe try @cociu - from what I remember - he is okay with that kind of usage.
    Also maybe try out BuyVM in LUX if they are in stock.

Best of luck!

• Kimsufi, you will get dedicated 100 Mbps port..

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • Why not just go with a seedbox?

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Kimsufi, you will get dedicated 100 Mbps port..

Kimsufi sent me DMCA though

• donlidonli Member

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

For torenting Linux ISOs!? Shame on them.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • edited April 2019

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Lol, for 5 years torrenting on public tracker, never receive any of DMCA report from them.. How odds..

• @chocolateshirt said:

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Lol, for 5 years torrenting on public tracker, never receive any of DMCA report from them.. How odds..

Different content.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

I was torrenting some Disney movie for my toddler and I guess Disney is more vigilant on their intellectual property. Also, do you stop seeding as soon as you finish download? I am thinking stupid of me to seed that movie cause I think I was more time in swam and got my IP address logged because of that.

• It was the stray apostrophe that done it. ;)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

I was torrenting some Disney movie for my toddler and I guess Disney is more vigilant on their intellectual property. Also, do you stop seeding as soon as you finish download? I am thinking stupid of me to seed that movie cause I think I was more time in swam and got my IP address logged because of that.

Throw the toddler under the bus. No jury will convict the toddler. Snap a few photos with the baby mashing on the keyboard with the torrent app on the screen. Easy.

• Jake4Jake4 Member

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Install uTorrent web on any server that offers a good amount of bandwidth and use a proxy from a VPN provider that allows torrents (e.g NordVPN) I've done this multiple times and also have this setup on my home network.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This thread is kind of like walking in to a shooting range in Texas and asking if they know when the next anti-gun rally is taking place.

I mean they probably do, but not for the reasons you would like.

• RamiRami Member
    edited April 2019

@sheilam Scaleway.com will work fine AFAIK

@ps20090 said:

@chocolateshirt said:

Which location?

• maqbeqmaqbeq Member

hostsolutions tend to ignore DMCA takedowns, they are located in Romania

• donlidonli Member

@maqbeq said:
    hostsolutions tend to ignore DMCA takedowns, they are located in Romania

So they treat them as customer tickets?

• NiPlexNiPlex Member

I could maybe help you out. Pm me

• pikepike Veteran
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@NiPlex said:
    I could maybe help you out. Pm me

@teamacc

• poissonpoisson Member

@donli said:
    So they treat them as customer tickets?

Thank you for contacting us about your DMCA request. Our customer service officers are currently unavailable. Your request is very important to us. We will get back to you when the next available customer service officer is available. If you have hot sisters to offer, please mention it in your follow-up ticket and @cociu will upgrade the ticket to emergency status and respond within the next 5 minutes.

• I just pick some crappy host from LEB/LET offers which I wouldn't mind getting banned from, but usually they don't notice or do anything

• hzrhzr Member

t0ny0 said: They likely paid a lot more money for their servers than you are willing to pay for a tiny VPS.

They also have more legitmate uses sometimes and aren't the actual people downloading and uploading copyrighted content

• deankdeank Member, Troll

@hostnoob said:
    I just pick some crappy host from LEB/LET offers which I wouldn't mind getting banned from, but usually they don't notice or do anything

The best advice ever.

People always try to find "the best". Forget the best. Go with the worst. Those kiddie host owners are too busy raging over lack of their FPS in games.

Thanked by 2hostnoob ehab
  • donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

@hzr said:

t0ny0 said: They likely paid a lot more money for their servers than you are willing to pay for a tiny VPS.

They also have more legitmate uses sometimes and aren't the actual people downloading and uploading copyrighted content

Linux ISOs are copyrighted, you know.

• hzrhzr Member

donli said: Linux ISOs are copyrighted, you know.

Yes. A lot of us download and help seed Linux ISOs and other F/OSS software

• Another vote for @cociu

I currently run a VPN server on my cociu vps and then on my Proxmox I have an LXC container set up so that all the traffic can only route through that VPN. Installed transmission, nginx reverse proxy and I can torrent from my good box without worrying about dmca, cociu deals with that shit by forwarding them to /dev/null

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @dahartigan said:
    Another vote for @cociu

I currently run a VPN server on my cociu vps and then on my Proxmox I have an LXC container set up so that all the traffic can only route through that VPN. Installed transmission, nginx reverse proxy and I can torrent from my good box without worrying about dmca, cociu deals with that shit by forwarding them to /dev/null

Or you could have just gotten a VPN subscription from a torrenting allowed VPN provider and had access to dozens more servers closer to you at much better speeds. But whatevs...

• @TimboJones said:

@dahartigan said:
    Another vote for @cociu

Or you could have just gotten a VPN subscription from a torrenting allowed VPN provider and had access to dozens more servers closer to you at much better speeds. But whatevs...

Lol, vpn subscription.. no thanks.. I'd rather buy more vps :p

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • 'private' VPN. Ha ha ha.