Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone got a 8gb or 16gb ram dedicated server for rent?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone got a 8gb or 16gb ram dedicated server for rent?

titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
edited February 2012 in General

Hello,

Can anyone rent me a 8gb or 16gb ram dedicated server for £30-£40 /month?

I know that I'm asking a lot for this price but it's all I have at the moment

Comments

• What other specifications do you have? (hdd, cores, uplink speed etc)

• Does it need to be a dedicated server? We could offer an 8 or 16gb VPS, depending on your other requirements.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2012

Datashack.net. Their in your budget and will see you well :)

• @VMPort - these guys are cheap, have you used them at all?

• Considering their a bargain host, I've heard many good things about DataShack

• @Daniel said: Considering their a bargain host, I've heard many good things about DataShack

+1 on that

• Thanks for the great response guys. I just came across datashack, it's a pity their Dual AMD Opteron 2216 server is out of stock, I would have definitely bought that one.

@Damian

It doesn't have to be a dedicated server, I'm planning on hosting a few minecraft servers on it though.

• Take a look at active-servers.de, but low traffic...

• @dotvps

The tax brings me slightly out of budget :(

• Any chance to know what country/datacentre they host in?

• @dotvps

I can't find any resellers that keep me within budget :(

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran
    edited February 2012

Well, I rented somedays with MegaNetserve, cheap servers, great service:

http://www.meganetserve.com/dedicated/valueservers.html

$49 USD month, 1GB RAM

• @titanicsaled

Yes we have a rack with them :)

• @vmport

Who do you have a rack with?

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @titanicsaled said: I can't find any resellers that keep me within budget :(

If you are not inside a country that has to pay VAT you won't need to pay it. It will still show up on the order phone but won't appear on the final invoice you pay.

I live in Canada and have to order from kimsufi.ie and I don't pay VAT.

• @luma

I live in the UK and therefore have to pay VAT unfortunately.

• So other than a zillion GB of ram, what other requirements does a minecraft server have?

• I'm not really sure how much CPU it uses to be totally honest. I have run a 1gb minecraft server on my netbook which has a 1.6ghz atom before so it can't be that bad. I was also running a minecraft server or two on a chicagovps VPS a little while a go and that didn't use too much CPU.

RAM is just the killer with minecraft.

• Sorry that was meant for sturdyvps

• @titanicsaled said: I was also running a minecraft server or two on a chicagovps VPS a little while a go and that didn't use too much CPU.

Never run a Minecraft server on an OVZ (OpenVZ) VPS. Java is best on KVM/XEN VPS's. Why not purchase a Minecraft package from a provider who specializes in Minecraft servers?

• @VMPort ah i see, well i've bookmarked them for the future!

• I need to host multiple minecraft servers.

• Minecraft GSP Professional here, I work in this area.

Normally, I would just go with a Minecraft host, such as Global7Hosting (I work there), BeastNode, LethalDrive, or others.

If you want to buy a server, you probably want to avoid OpenVZ VPS's, they run bad.

For your budget, you might want to look into VolumeDrive, they are cheap, and fit your needs. Otherwise, for just a easier, fast setup, go with a Minecraft GSP. They know how to optimize/tweak your servers to run at full potential.

• @Damian said: +1 on that

Im actually considering them for a new project of myn, however im totally clueless on AMD processors, and not sure whether AMD FX-4100 is a good processor or not.

• @AsuraHosting said: Never run a Minecraft server on an OVZ (OpenVZ) VPS. Java is best on KVM/XEN VPS's. Why not purchase a Minecraft package from a provider who specializes in Minecraft servers?

@lele0108 said: If you want to buy a server, you probably want to avoid OpenVZ VPS's, they run bad.

Infact, my PiePanel system actually runs Minecraft Servers on my modified OpenVZ Debian Kernel with custom java settings, and I've seen rocket performance compared to KVM/Xen.

OpenVZ tends to be oversold, and Java dosen't work well with overcommited memory, hence why people think it runs Minecraft bad.

• @daniel: AMD FX-4100 is a quad-core 3.6ghz processor that falls under high end of the "desktop processor" range, vs "server processor". If that matters to your project at all.

• @titanicsaled said: I need to host multiple minecraft servers.

Ah alright; then I would definitely suggest...
    http://joesdatacenter.com/
    http://www.datashack.net/
    http://www.wholesaleinternet.com/

They're all pretty much related, using the same building in Oak Towers; but they all offer different prices/packages. I know Datashack is currently in an IPv4 shortage, so they might not be taking orders until they get some more.

Thanked by 1dwild
  • @Damian said: @daniel: AMD FX-4100 is a quad-core 3.6ghz processor that falls under high end of the "desktop processor" range, vs "server processor". If that matters to your project at all.

So wait, are you saying its a good server processor? My project involves around running 40 OpenVZ Containers with a highly configured OS and Minecraft Server inside.

• @Daniel said: So wait, are you saying its a good server processor? My project involves around running 40 OpenVZ Containers with a highly configured OS and Minecraft Server inside.

He's saying that the processor isn't really a server-processor, but a high-performance desktop processor. But it should definitely be good because of AMD's VT option in the BIOS which allows Virtualization Optimization.

• @AsuraHosting said: He's saying that the processor isn't really a server-processor, but a high-performance desktop processor. But it should definitely be good because of AMD's VT option in the BIOS which allows Virtualization Optimization.

OpenVZ isn't really Virtualization.