Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need UK based VPS hosting PCI Compliant
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need UK based VPS hosting PCI Compliant

I am looking to open an e-commerce website. I need a VPS provider with Cpanel /WHM & SSL. I will also be running 2-3 blogs on that. Most importantly I want it to be secure for processing cards. So needs to be PCI compliant. Can anyone please suggest a reliable hosting provider? Thanks

Comments

• ralphralph Member
    edited April 2019

PCI DSS compliance usually concerns e-commerce software and not datacenters. A PCI compliant datacenter will not prevent the data breach due to a SQL injection in your e-commerce software.

Thanked by 1AMXRT
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ralph said:
    PCI DSS compliance usually concerns e-commerce software and not datacenters. A PCI compliant datacenter will not prevent the data breach due to a SQL injection in your e-commerce software.

It concerns everything. From data centre through OS all the way to pro reign software and humans.

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited April 2019
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

To process cards you don’t need to store them on your server as the payments can be processed live or much better to store card details at payment gateway vault, example: Stripe payment provider, the same feature provided by a few providers.

• ralphralph Member

@Clouvider said:
    It concerns everything. From data centre through OS all the way to pro reign software and humans.

You are correct and that's why I said 'usually', calling OPs attention to his e-Comm solution in the first place. The biggest card data breaches of last 10 years happened at PCI compliant data centers.

• LetzienLetzien Member
    edited April 2019

@Clouvider said:

@ralph said:

..but most importantly, NTP. :cold_sweat:

@tapash said:
    I am looking to open an e-commerce website. I need a VPS provider with Cpanel /WHM & SSL. I will also be running 2-3 blogs on that. Most importantly I want it to be secure for processing cards. So needs to be PCI compliant. Can anyone please suggest a reliable hosting provider? Thanks

You're doing it wrong.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

OP, you should focus on reducing the scope. Look at Stripe and their solutions for payment processing. Or do it off-site all together.