Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS still working after renewal date
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS still working after renewal date

I have a VPS with a provider that was meant to renew about 2 months ago, I didn't have any credit it in my account and I wasn't planning on keeping it but the VPS still works. There is no invoice and you can only buy with credit. I don't have any payment information saved with the provider.

Am I likely to be charged somehow for not paying and should I inform them about this?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, enjoy while it lasts.

Did you really have to make a thread about this though. I mean you probably know better than us if you are being charged. After all, we don't have an access to your paypal or bank.

Of course, you can share the access with us so that we can check.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, you should inform them. They will likely bill for the past months when they find out.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • donlidonli Member

@LongFire said:
    I have a VPS with a provider that was meant to renew about 2 months ago, I didn't have any credit it in my account and I wasn't planning on keeping it but the VPS still works. There is no invoice and you can only buy with credit. I don't have any payment information saved with the provider.

Am I likely to be charged somehow for not paying and should I inform them about this?

You should have explicitly cancelled it or shut it down before the end of the paid period.

• I think you should put this back intro production, if possible put your most important client/project on to the VPS, too. This will save money and maximise your profit.

• deank said: Of course, you can share the access with us so that we can check.

Oh snap!

• @deank said:
    Well, enjoy while it lasts.

Did you really have to make a thread about this though. I mean you probably know better than us if you are being charged. After all, we don't have an access to your paypal or bank.

Of course, you can share the access with us so that we can check.

Just to be clear, you're aware this is a discussion site? Making threads asking questions is to be expected.

You didn't grok his question as he's asking about being charged in the future, not if he already was charged (and specifically mentions he doesn't have payment details on file).

A reasonable question would be, how would he get charged without payment details on file?

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • xaocxaoc Member

Yes inform the provider and yes offer to pay for the service. It's funny how people are only eager to contact support on issues that negatively impact them and not issues that negatively impact the provider... People are cunts i guess.

Thanked by 1Milon
  • You better inform them. However, most providers would assume service is no longer needed when a standing invoice is not paid for, 7 days past due date, and then would automatically cancel the service.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

Informing the provider is a kind act and if it were us we would not bill you for that period as it is clearly not your mistake.

Thanked by 1zed
  • Pls transfer to me to relieve your guilt