Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Moving From Hostgator Reseller to VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Moving From Hostgator Reseller to VPS

I have reseller hosting with Hostgator and have recently found that they are blocking a high number of emails going to and from the domains I am hosting using Cloudmark and spamhaus automated blacklisting. Also, receipients of email from the domains (including my own) are getting blocked becasue hostgators SMTP servers themselves routinely appear in these black lists.

So I am looking for a new host and thought that if I get a VPS with dedicated IP I should not have these same problems again.

I have an exisiting VPS which I use for rsync backup which I found through LEB and have had no problems with it.

So, looking on LEB I came across KayHosting offering:
600GB SSD Space
30 TB Monthly Bandwidth
Create Shared Hosting Accounts
Create Reseller Hosting Accounts
Create UNLIMITED Accounts
Dedicated IP Address
Host Unlimited Domains
cPanel/WHM Control Panel
WHMReseller Master Reseller Panel
DDoS Protected Servers
NY Datacenter
$39/yr

This seems extreamly cheap as I am paying $25/month for Hostgator Reseller account. What's the catch?

Also, will I be able to get the IP address to check that it is not already in the blackilists before commiting?

Also, will I be able to migrate the 15 domains I currently host over to the new server without going grey in the process?

Any advice appreciated.

GJS

Comments

• edited April 2019

VPS incl. cPanel for $39/year? This is not a serious provider in my eyes.

Edit: seems its Alpha Reseller but still not a serious price.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

These day, if you find it on LEB..... just make your research carefully since it's probably a scam...

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

gjs123456 said: NY Datacenter

$39/yr

Ah Buffalo.

Franicsco

• @gjs123456 said:
    Any advice appreciated.

Don't do it. Server specs state 4x 1TB Samsung 860 Professional Series SSD’s, without overselling that is only 6 accounts (600GB) @$39/y, total $234/y. cPanel licence alone is $419.40/y. You do the maths.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • So, it seems this will be a very poor service. Who are the decent providers for VPS with dedicated IP with WHM/CPanel?

edited April 2019

@gjs123456 said:
    So, it seems this will be a very poor service. Who are the decent providers for VPS with dedicated IP with WHM/CPanel?

It isn't, it's a master reseller.

Still, these are ColoCrossing nodes which means 4x1T drives in RAID. So, anywhere from 2TB to 4TB storage available depending on RAID level. They claim RAID10 in the posting, so lets go with that.

So they're collecting around $3.00/month per 600GB reseller account. I'm thinking they're new to the shared market, because I can tell you from experience, the vast majority of my large resellers use the space they buy.

Good luck to them, but that's a bad time.

Francisco

Thanked by 3dedicados SirFoxy sin
  • It sounds like you need a cheaper VPS than what is offered with Webmin installed.

• @gjs123456 the catch is web hosts like KayHosting will give you bad performance on CPU, disk I/O after 2-3 months (or earlier) of your sign up. Don't believe? Try them out and you'll be the one posting a bad review of them quite soon!

Go with someone who is reliable. Lot of LET hosts here are reliable and perform good.

Thanked by 2Chuck poisson
  • ChuckChuck Member

@gjs123456 said:
    So, it seems this will be a very poor service. Who are the decent providers for VPS with dedicated IP with WHM/CPanel?

LEB providers are scumbag.

SSD is a lie

I bought a KVM with SSD with 2 vCPU. Look at this shitty Benchmark

https://serverscope.io/trials/WDy6

SSD 4 MB/s random read

SSD 0.89 MB/s random direct write

Fuck you hostflyte & Kyle.

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • In your case, I recommend @HostDoc reseller since he also offers cPanel. His SMTP servers are clean.

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • don't even think about kayhosting, I have horrible experience with them. If you still decided to go with them then be ready for things like Massive downtime, Server wipe out , non exsting support, Headache and frustration. Best of luck

Thanked by 1Sofia_K
  • @nishantk said:
    don't even think about kayhosting, I have horrible experience with them. If you still decided to go with them then be ready for things like Massive downtime, Server wipe out , non exsting support, Headache and frustration. Best of luck

Goes for anything posted on LEB in the past 6 months. Note that there's a distinct difference between LET and LEB. LET is quite a bit cleaner and open to providers NOT hosted on the colocrossing network.

Thanked by 1sin
  • While LEB are complete asshats it's clear from the offers Kayhost are pumping out that what they are offering is simply unsustainable. I'm struggling to see what lead you to believe that you'd be getting a quality service from them?

• @austenite said:
    While LEB are complete asshats it's clear from the offers Kayhost are pumping out that what they are offering is simply unsustainable. I'm struggling to see what lead you to believe that you'd be getting a quality service from them?

Everyone hopes to score a deal, that's why LEB shit continues to thrive

• Better to go with @Francisco ( BuyShared) or if ur looking for cheap VPS then i will suggest Contabo

Thanked by 1Francisco

@jokymic said:
    Better to go with @Francisco ( BuyShared) or if ur looking for cheap VPS then i will suggest Contabo

Or get a slice with free Directadmin if you aren't married to the cPanel idea ;)

Francisco

• Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

Well the best thing you can do is getting a vps and installing whm on it, then you can resell as much as you want. I dont know what your budget is but this is the best solution

• @Francisco said:

@jokymic said:
    Better to go with @Francisco ( BuyShared) or if ur looking for cheap VPS then i will suggest Contabo

Or get a slice with free Directadmin if you aren't married to the cPanel idea ;)

Francisco

cyber is better or directadmin?

jokymic said: cyber is better or directadmin?

Depends what you're after.

Directadmin is a great panel and has a lot of products integrated with it.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

How is directadmin for wordpress hosting?

@Obelus said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

How is directadmin for wordpress hosting?

That's a manual thing by default.

I'm going to be including Softaculous for free for all Directadmin (and cPanel!) customers very soon to ease that pain.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Obelus dedicados
  • Get BuyVM or Vultr, use CyberPanel (free with openlitespeed) or DirectAdmin which is free on BuyVM

Much cheaper and faster.

• Francisco said: I'm going to be including Softaculous for free for all Directadmin (and cPanel!) customers very soon to ease that pain.

i saw softaculous is already on my resellers accounts, =)

thanks

@dedicados said:

Francisco said: I'm going to be including Softaculous for free for all Directadmin (and cPanel!) customers very soon to ease that pain.

i saw softaculous is already on my resellers accounts, =)

thanks

Thats shared.

This is for our vps customers ;)
    Francisco

• ahhh. great