Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking hardware recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking hardware recommendations

I seek hardware recommendations for quiet server. Maybe colo.

Prefer E3 or E5, need room for lot of storage (possibly up to 4x10TB drives), 32GB minimum memory. Network port 1G, with room to upgrade to 10G port.

4u is maximum or tower. I will buy drives as SATA. I also want room for 2 SSD over SATA for OS.

Any idea?

Comments

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

Please clarify..are you looking for recommendations to buy server hardware (and possibly colocate it) OR rent a Dedicated Server?

• @SmartHost said:
    Please clarify..are you looking for recommendations to buy server hardware (and possibly colocate it) OR rent a Dedicated Server?

Colo, why though, I don't know. Unlikely he'll be able to beat the SX62s.

• Budget? Use case? I mean, a Dell R720 would handle that very well, but there are a lot of unknown variables here. Only 4x spinners, are you planning on RAIDz1?

• @seanho said:
    Budget? Use case? I mean, a Dell R720 would handle that very well, but there are a lot of unknown variables here. Only 4x spinners, are you planning on RAIDz1?

Only planning raid1, it's mainly for NAS, VM.

• I suggest leaving out the floppy drive to save some weight. Also, install some sweet neons and a LET case badge, it will improve the machine.