Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS needed for testing 2 day trial Voxility {Frankfurt]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS needed for testing 2 day trial Voxility {Frankfurt]

I need a VPS for testing before making payment.

Ram : 2 gb
CPU: 2 core
SSD 30 GB

Comments

• ehabehab Member

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

What do you like to test? You didn't need a VM to test the connection since nearly every hosting company got a Looking Glass site.

For incomming Voxility Fra Traffic you can use https://lg.dus1.haendler.it
    Servers are in Dus and outgoing traffic goes the direct way, but incomming comes through Voxility in Frankfurt a.M.

• free 2 day trial of ddos protection ,come on , sounds like a great thing to give this guy. Why are there not dozens of offers?

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • well my main concerm is latency for pakistan users. since i want my player base in pakistan the OVH servers are lagging for them the only server that is good pings is hetzner and i think ddos protection is not soo good so i want to try voxility but i need some kind of trial even 24 hours will do. Just to check pings from cs 1.6 server and if all good then i can purchase with confidence.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited April 2019

pakhosting said: well my main concerm is latency for pakistan users. since i want my player base in pakistan the OVH servers are lagging for them the only server that is good pings is hetzner and i think ddos protection is not soo good so i want to try voxility but i need some kind of trial even 24 hours will do. Just to check pings from cs 1.6 server and if all good then i can purchase with confidence.

Then you need a Server in Italy or Singapore, the two major peering point for Pakistan's underwater sea cables. That will be the lowest ping you can get other than hosting something locally in country.

I don't know what you expect with DDOS protection, all your doing there is making something that already latent to you, more latent. Anytime you use any type of DDOS protection you add additional latency. So if your complaint with OVH is latency, guess what, it will be the exact same with Voxility, if not worse, since most who utilize them use gre tunnels and not direct connections, so again, this means even more latency.

Also, it isn't fair to a provider to tank 2 days worth of DDOS unpaid and then let you out of a contract if you don't 'like it'. Bandwidth costs money, DDOS filtered bandwitdh even more so, so it would be ridiculous to expect someone who isn't an OVH or Hetzner to offer you such for free. Since, if you don't decide to keep the service, they still pay for the protection services you used in the interim. They also have no way to guarantee that your ISP won't change routes tomorrow and ship everything over the Singapore route leaving you 300ms away all the sudden. Networks are not static things, they change constantly, so while some route may be awesome for you today and work okay, tomorrow you may be routed half way around the world and back trying to reach the same location because your ISP changed the routes its using.

Just trying to correct some of your expectations here since it seems you think somehow voxility is going to be magically less latent than OVH in some way, when OVH probably has quicker, cheaper, and better routed DDOS protection services in general, since its built into their network from the ground up and not just some 'gre' tunnel off to somewhere.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2amsaal malek
  • just get premium Pakistan based server hosting, lowest latency!

• @JoeMerit said:
    just get premium Pakistan based server hosting, lowest latency!

the issue is ddos protection :( a single attach makes server offline for 12 hours

• just install cWatch on your Pakistani server

• WebGuruWebGuru Member
    edited April 2019

Not sure what's the situation now but i stopped using Voxility protection a long time back because of only one reason they were blocking PTCL (a major Pakistani ISP) traffic when filtering starts during attack and not just limited to that it also block other ISPs from different countries like Iran. Here is the thread where we discussed about it on LET if you wana take a look https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/111057/voxility-blocking-whole-isps-instead-of-filtering-traffic

@pakhosting if your issue is latency from Pakistan try some vps from NL/FR with good inhouse protection.

• @WebGuru said:
    Not sure what's the situation now but i stopped using Voxility protection a long time back because of only one reason they were blocking PTCL (a major Pakistani ISP) traffic when filtering starts during attack and not just limited to that it also block other ISPs from different countries like Iran. Here is the thread where we discussed about it on LET if you wana take a look https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/111057/voxility-blocking-whole-isps-instead-of-filtering-traffic

@pakhosting if your issue is latency from Pakistan try some vps from NL/FR with good inhouse protection.

can you gimme your recommendation?

• KwoonKwoon Member

Check seflow. They have cheap dedicated servers in Italy and also offer ddos protection.

• @Kwoon said:
    Check seflow. They have cheap dedicated servers in Italy and also offer ddos protection.

I hope that was a joke. @tr1cky ca provide more information probably :smile:

• pikepike Veteran

If you like germany and need decent ddos protection you can go with php-friends aswell as combahton. All german hosters have to accept an immediate cancellation without reason (widerruf) within the first 14 days. They may only charge what u actually use in that time.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:

@Kwoon said:

I hope that was a joke. @tr1cky ca provide more information probably :smile:

Oh, the FBI situation and the use of Mikrotik “routers” in their high capacity DDoS protected network ;-)

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@pike said:
    If you like germany and need decent ddos protection you can go with php-friends aswell as combahton. All german hosters have to accept an immediate cancellation without reason (widerruf) within the first 14 days. They may only charge what u actually use in that time.

Although only for end users, if he's getting it clearly for business users he doesn't have a "widerruf".

You might want to test combahton, we're offering servers with combahton and voxility.

Thanked by 2pike amsaal
  • @ChristianDSH said:

@pike said:

Although only for end users, if he's getting it clearly for business users he doesn't have a "widerruf".

You might want to test combahton, we're offering servers with combahton and voxility.

ah brother i bought a dedicated server but since my website was about to move that delay put pressure to renew my old server since i just had 2 days to renew. Should have order a bit late but i want to order from you if you could send me the order hardware in 3-4 days . i had to stop order because my cards where getting cancelled by bank due to over due including tax and they recommended to go for new debit cards for benefits. till now i have not received my new cards. but i do want to try you because i never had issue with you really and your support is one of the best anyone can have.

• LeneLene Member

Test results please see the picture above

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

pakhosting said: i need some kind of trial

Hi @pakhosting, we don't offer a free trial. @TheLinuxBug explained the background pretty well already. (Thank you for that btw.)
    Good news is that we only charge our Cloud servers hourly if you are using it shorter than a month. So you can order a server and test it out. You can cancel it if you are not happy with its performance. Depending on the server and the period of time you were using the server, it may only cost you a few bucks. Here's more info about our billing method:
    https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/CloudServer/en#Billing.
    Also, we have a 14 day cancellation policy. See point 11 in our ToS:
    https://www.hetzner.com/rechtliches/agb/
    Hope I could give you some options to get you going :)
    --Julia, Marketing

• @Clouvider said:
    Oh, the FBI situation and the use of Mikrotik “routers” in their high capacity DDoS protected network ;-)

Hi @Clouvider, i'm sorry but your informations are outdated. Since acquisition of Switch (Supernap) and Italian gov contracts all core/edge routers (that was Cisco not mikrotik) and peripheral routers was replaced months ago with juniper MX. Mikrotik still in use for reflectors and bgp peer with customer vm's/servers but we're replacing with vMX platforms within few months.

We're closing to being strategic partner with fortinet to extend their fortiddos and fortiguard products in all our pops.

If you need details, please feel free to contact me or schedule a datacenter visit and i will happy to share with you our updates.