Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EUServ Special (41€/mo): Dedicated Server, i7-8700, 64GB DDR4, 1 Gbit/s unmetered, 2x6TB SATA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EUServ Special (41€/mo): Dedicated Server, i7-8700, 64GB DDR4, 1 Gbit/s unmetered, 2x6TB SATA

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2019 in General

Just received a Newsletter with this offer:
https://www.euserv.com/en/dedicated-server/instant64-rootserver/v5/instant64-m-v5.php

Also regarding traffic:

"¹: All traffic usage is included and without further charge (flat fee). We do not cap connection speed. This means server has unlimited / unmetered bandwidth."

Other perks:

100GB FTP Backup

24x7 Email support Queue based Ticket System

Phone support Support via English and German speaking inhouse staff during business hours.

Payment Term: prepayment period 1 month or 12 month

Setup Fee:

Paid Monthly & Monthly Contract period: 95€

Paid Monthly & Contract for 12 months: 53€

Paid Yearly & Contract for 12 months: 53€

Thanked by 3pike mtsbatalha ehab

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2019

Which DC is this?

Edit: nvm, they got an own DC in Jena. Interesting location for me, thanks for sharing.
    Edit2: they advertise a pop in berlin, but from my home location i get routed via BCIX --cogent--> DECIX --cogent--> EUserv DC in Jena

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

95EUR Setup on monthly contract... #rip

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@Neoon said:
    95EUR Setup on monthly contract... #rip

Oh lol didn't see that even though it's right beside the monthly price. That's tough. Since you are saying monthly, what about the 12 month contract?

Edit: On a 12 month contract it seems to be 53€ setup. That's better atleast and the 64GB RAM OVH special also had a setup fee iirc? Anyway seems like you can select to either pay 12 months upfront on 12 months contract or pay monthly but the contract period will still be 12 months.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Neoon said: 95EUR Setup on monthly contract... #rip

Brilliant, salesman of the year award no doubt.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@AnthonySmith said:

Neoon said: 95EUR Setup on monthly contract... #rip

Brilliant, salesman of the year award no doubt.

Seems like only worth considering in the long run. 53€ setup isn't too bad in the long run considering the specs and the fact that OVH and Hetzner (not Hetzner Serverboerse) usually charge setup fees too.
    For one month it's definitly a lot of money though.

I put the Setup fees in OP. Thanks @Neoon :)

• pikepike Veteran
    edited April 2019

A server right in the middle between me and frankfurt, with a direct route via BCIX to my home would be worth the setup and 12 month contract tbh.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@pike said:
    A server right in the middle between me and frankfurt, with a direct route via BCIX to my home would be worth the setup and 12 month contract tbh.

In the long term I consider 53€to be okay-ish for a Dedicated Server setup fee. To pay setup fees for monthly dedis, especially 95€, hurts though.

• Used to have an FTP backup, but the network wasn't good. FTP keep disconnecting after a few hundreds MB.

• Found some benchmark with EUServ network performance/speedtest although a bit old:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/132718/euserv-de-reviews

• stay away from EUserv at all cost. have been previous client and glad to be away. bullshit procedures, no common sense, bad service. At least they have a button Close Customer Account. Thanks to GDPR.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@silverdawn said:
    stay away from EUserv at all cost. have been previous client and glad to be away. bullshit procedures, no common sense, bad service. At least they have a button Close Customer Account. Thanks to GDPR.

Are you by any chances familiar with how contracts are handled in Germany (not to be offensive; if you are that's fair) ? I've not been with them yet but often enough - just like with netcup - it's different expectations on contract time/renewal/cancellation etc.

Connection speed type "Guaranteed", "Hybrid" or "Best Effort" traffic transport speed

Hybrid: 250Mbit „Guaranteed Bandwidth“, remaining „Best Effort“

Fucking marketing bullshit, "Hybrid" bandwidth, stop fucking my mind.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@Neoon said:
    Connection speed type "Guaranteed", "Hybrid" or "Best Effort" traffic transport speed

Well, you always get what you pay for. Anyone who expects a dedicated 1 Gbit/s unlimited line at that price needs to rethink this. Usually these kinda offers start at 300€+ (if even) judging from the quotes I've seen here on LET.

Interesting to see their Weathermap:

http://weathermap.euserv.net

• Had once to deal with them. Never again.

• @Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

Well, you always get what you pay for. Anyone who expects a dedicated 1 Gbit/s unlimited line at that price needs to rethink this. Usually these kinda offers start at 300€+ (if even) judging from the quotes I've seen here on LET.

Hetzner tho

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @jiiikoo said:

@Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

Hetzner tho

Hetzner ist Hetzner. They are awesome :)

And they offer 20TB afaik. Although that's still awesome :P

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • pikepike Veteran

@Ympker said:

They offer unlimited transfer on all dedis including auction servers since some months, and 20TB on their cloud offers. I guess they had to do it because people started to use 2,50€/m cloud instances to buy more traffic for their dedis at insane low prices (they charged arround 1€/TB before if I remember correctly).

Thanked by 2Ympker Hetzner_OL
  • @Ympker said:

@jiiikoo said:

@Ympker said:

@Neoon said:

Hetzner tho

Unlimited now. Been for a few months.

Thanked by 2Ympker Hetzner_OL
  • @pike said:

@Ympker said:

They offer unlimited transfer on all dedis including auction servers since some months, and 20TB on their cloud offers. I guess they had to do it because people started to use 2,50€/m cloud instances to buy more traffic for their dedis at insane low prices (they charged arround 1€/TB before if I remember correctly).

Oh they do now?
    I thought that it still says they will throttle after 20TB. That's interesting to hear.

• @Ympker said:

@pike said:

@Ympker said:

Oh they do now?
    I thought that it still says they will throttle after 20TB. That's interesting to hear.

Nope. Haven't heard anyone being throttled even though they've used 100+TB of upload BW.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jiiikoo said:

@Ympker said:

@pike said:

@Ympker said:

Oh they do now?

Nope. Haven't heard anyone being throttled even though they've used 100+TB of upload BW.

I am from Germany and have yet to sign up with Hetzner.. Damn.. It sounds just so tempting always.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran

If you got relatives or trusted friends outside EU, sign up with their data/ID. Saves you up to 20% on anything.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

Soo I was given a benchmark result by their support for the SSD version of this dedi in case anyone is interested:

https://serverscope.io/trials/RJ4k#system

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • EddingEdding Member

there network is garbo .. speeds are not great ..here u can test..
    http://cdn.euserv.com/1g.nul

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Edding said:
    there network is garbo .. speeds are not great ..here u can test..
    http://cdn.euserv.com/1g.nul

That link downloads with 40 MiB/s (300+ Mbit/s) for me. Doesn't look bad to me.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

@dfroe I get 20-30MB/s download to my home on 500Mbit, 25-30MB/s to my php-friends server on Gbit and 50MB/s on my Hetzner server on Gbit. That's all far from Gbit.

Honestly it seems they are just connected to DECIX via Cogent with a backup route via HE. Which puts them even behind Hetzner network-quality wise, as Hetzner at least manages its own network until the exchange. Not to start with the fact they advertise pops at BCIX and AMSIX while any tests I run are routed via Frankfurt.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2019

@pike, you're right, their traffic mix doesn't seem to be "well mixed" at all. My test was done from a Online.net dedi. I just did another test from a residential DTAG VDSL with 50 MBit/s downstream. There I only meassure 250 KB/s (2 Mbit/s) which of course isn't worth talking about. Of course we all know DTAG peering policy. But 2 Mbit/s.. Obviously even Hetzner with their sub-optimal routing towards DTAG performs way better.

Thanked by 1pike
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited May 2019

@dfroe said:
    There I only meassure 250 KB/s (2 Mbit/s) which of course isn't worth talking about. Of course we all know DTAG peering policy. But 2 Mbit/s.. Obviously even Hetzner with their sub-optimal routing towards DTAG performs way better.

Well, DTAG is a different story. And Hetzner offers you direct DTAG peering for +5€/m.
    Edit: At least they peer with O².