Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shock Hosting quick review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shock Hosting quick review

DGT2DGT2 Member

I have been using Shock Hosting (https://shockhosting.net/) since around October 2018. I started with 1 VPS and now I have 3.

I'm using the SSD-KVM-1GB
1 Core
1 GB RAM
20 GB SSD
1 TB Bandwidth
1 Gbps Uplink

I installed Arch Linux. Not every provider supports Arch, so I was happy to see that Shock Hosting does.

I have interacted with support a few times and the experiences have been good. Fast responses, resolved my issues, polite and friendly. Overall great support experiences for me.

The servers have all been very reliable and very performant. I have experience with many other VPS providers, ranging from Linode to Digital Ocean to Vultr to lots of smaller companies. I would put Shock Hosting at the top of my list now. Great value, reliability and performance.

I am not an affiliate and the company did not ask me to write this review.

Comments

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

I'm shocked!

• Can you provide some metrics to go with that opinion, please?

• So you're now using a 5 usd/month service after having a request thread for a 15/year vps?

This feels very shilly.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2019

@DGT2 said:
    I am not an affiliate and the company did not ask me to write this review.

Hopefully, this is the wrong Neighbourhood, to write fishy reviews.
    Could you provide proof of the service, uptime...?

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

they are good, i haven't had any problems with them, their support is also acceptable, the price is pretty good

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited April 2019

Holy fucking shit.

• @teamacc said:

Holy fucking shit.

Are you shocked, tho?!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@teamacc said:

Holy fucking shit.

To be fair, are they nulled or just the zip file?

If it's just the zip file, then that's not that big of a deal since Softaculous ships WHMCS too, no?

Francisco

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I am shocked.

Is it safe to say that 90% of reviews are fucked to begin with?

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited April 2019

@Francisco said:

@teamacc said:

Holy fucking shit.

If it's just the zip file, then that's not that big of a deal since Softaculous ships WHMCS too, no?

Francisco

Don't wanna sign up with my personal details. And why keep old versions then?

• @Francisco said:

@teamacc said:

Holy fucking shit.

Francisco

Unlikely that they are nulled since they have a license.

• To be fair he already wrote in October that he decided to go with Shock Hosting:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2888065#Comment_2888065

So either it is a planned shill or legit.

Probably both.

• Looks like the host itself is legitimate. They own their IPs and they have a pretty nice revenue. Their social media is close to non-existent, but whatever...

edited April 2019

Social media presence is poisonous. Better not have it.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

teamacc said: Don't wanna sign up with my personal details. And why keep old versions then?

Probably forgot them :)

Francisco

• @deank said:
    Social media presence is poisonous. Better not have it.

Done!

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited April 2019

I personally know the owner of Shock Hosting and I can tell you with a degree of certainty that he'd never risk his reputation over something like a review on LowEndTalk, a platform they don't even advertise on when they have been running as a company for something like 5+ years.

Also, they are not nulled downloads as they sell WHMCS licenses, obviously. No point even posting honest reviews on LET as they are scrutinised as shills regardless of if they are legit or not lmao.

• DGT2DGT2 Member

@deank said:
    Probably both.

Geez, you guys are skeptical. I'm not used to such a hostile discussion environment. As far as I know, I probably can't say anything that would convince those of you who don't believe me. But my only intention here was to offer some helpful and completely honest feedback. If you choose to ignore it, so be it. But it is absolutely truthful.

• DGT2DGT2 Member

@tester4 said:
    No point even posting honest reviews on LET as they are scrutinised as shills regardless of if they are legit or not lmao.

Thanks for saying that. That's exactly how I am feeling at the moment.

Be here long enough you will know why.

When 91% of reviews are fuckshit bullcrap, you generally take all reviews as bullcrap.