Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IBMCloud / bluemix : Banned mid-air for no obvious reason, and no reason given :(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IBMCloud / bluemix : Banned mid-air for no obvious reason, and no reason given :(

Hello, while not a technical outage I experienced this as a customer service outage.

After researching their offers and communicating with support and sales I was ready to order a baremetal dedicated in the Scandinavian region.
Then after a few days I simply got banned, without any helpful or explanatory message.

Contacting the specified email in the error regarding the account suspension I get this repetitive message with a few variations so it doesn't seem automated:

"For security reasons we cannot offer any details regarding the decision to close the account and no further action can be taken on the account. "

Excuse the internet street language but what the heck? I'm a little happy I did not order, since being suspended after spending for mid-range dedicated in Scandiavia would have been disastrous in terms of money loss.

Comments

• Could it have been lupus?

Thanked by 2ehab vimalware
  • ehabehab Member

it can also be Letzien.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:
    Could it have been lupus?

Unlikely.

Thanked by 3uptime caracal ehab
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Did you order via a proxy or vpn or tunnel, is your name and billing address 100% correct, did you use a mobile connection?

• I live less than 100kms from where my credit card is issued.
    No VPN/proxy at any point, no chance really.
    My IP is normally static also.

Only possibility would be that I used a revolut CC at first - but it got rejected, after being billed 1 euro anyway, then switched to regular bank issued credit card, and the registration/account upgrade passed. Until a few days in when I got suspended.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Did you order via a proxy or vpn or tunnel, is your name and billing address 100% correct, did you use a mobile connection?

On one hand you want a VPN for privacy and security, and on the other hand it gets you flagged when making orders. It's hard to have nice things.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

drhouse said: Only possibility would be that I used a revolut CC at first - but it got rejected, after being billed 1 euro anyway, then switched to regular bank issued credit card, and the registration/account upgrade passed. Until a few days in when I got suspended.

Sounds like the likely reason then.

Huge no nonsense companies are probably more than happy to never have the 10% of people that raise an eyebrow, a entrenched in drama semi-anonymous pre paid card that also gets rejected raises 2 eyebrows.

It costs them less to shut you down and ignore you than it does to deal with you, harsh but very real fact i am afraid, they just don't want you as a customer.

Thanked by 1poisson