Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best location outside UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best location outside UK

Hi

I am searching for a country with best connectivity to UK that's located outside UK. I wish to set up a VPN for personal use so I want an optimal bandwidth and ping from UK. Could you please suggest?

Thanks

Comments

• tester4tester4 Member
    edited April 2019

Netherlands & Germany will be your best ones in terms of connectivity and latency to the UK for something like a VPN.

Thanked by 3joeri ksfi8 malek
  • ksfi8ksfi8 Member

@tester4 said:
    Netherlands & Germany will be your best ones in terms of connectivity and latency to the UK for something like a VPN.

Amsterdam seems to give best throughput to and from London. Thank you!

Thanked by 1tester4
  • France.

Thanked by 1ksfi8
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

The Netherlands... considering the wide range of IX and providers.

Thanked by 3joeri ksfi8 malek
  • Germany, Netherlands and France

Thanked by 1ksfi8
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

You are aware that country matters less on the same continent than peering of a particular network you’re looking to connect to and your future service provider, right :-)?

Thanked by 3poisson ksfi8 sgheghele
  • Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

I would suggest Netherlands, it is not far from the UK and you will still have low ping

Thanked by 1ksfi8
  • ksfi8ksfi8 Member

@Clouvider said:
    You are aware that country matters less on the same continent than peering of a particular network you’re looking to connect to and your future service provider, right :-)?

I cannot be certain at this time about my future service provider, so taking a country in general could be my best guess.

Thanks everyone.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

@OP We're based in France, run a test from our looking glass server if you want : http://lg.ikoula.com/

Greetings

• malekmalek Member, Host Rep

Go with Netherlands if you're going to run a VPN.