Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
New MailChannels Alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

New MailChannels Alternative

Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider
edited April 2019 in Providers

Hi guys,

We've been working on a MailChannels alternative the past few months for our customers as we've had a plethora of issues.

We've saved quite a bit and we're confident that we can offer an SMTP service for hosting providers and server owners that offer's great email deliverability without breaking the bank.

Our main feature's that will win you over is:

  • The ability for providers to release emails directly (there will be a daily limit) rather than 'reporting' then waiting 24-48 hours then asking the customer to re-deliver.
  • Australian based support
  • Lower pricing (much lower) & support for small volume (10-1,000,000+ million emails per month). This pricing will be public and there will be no 'email for a quote' bs.
  • Better email deliverability through multiple and clean IP pools
  • ClamAV and ESET anti-virus scanning
  • Generic hostnames
  • Reseller options (for DC and server providers)
  • Any IP RBL'ed will be removed from the pool immediately
  • Easy integration with cPanel, Plesk and more

If you're a server owner or hosting provider and are keen, please let me know the number of servers & estimated monthly volume.

Estimated launch date: May or June 2019.

Estimated pricing structure: XX number of servers + XX number of monthly emails = $XX monthly price

Screenshots:
Screen-Shot-2019-04-13-at-4-27-49-pm
Screen-Shot-2019-04-13-at-4-29-53-pm

We're open to any feedback, suggestions and more :)

I'm on Discord if you have any questions.

«1

Comments

  • Looks pretty good! Would be nice if you had a third-party fallback (like what MXroute is doing with their email services - use their own relay but falls back to MC if their relay fails) until proven by the mass?

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    sanvit said: Looks pretty good! Would be nice if you had a third-party fallback (like what MXroute is doing with their email services - use their own relay but falls back to MC if their relay fails) until proven by the mass?

    Yeah, that's already built in :) but ideally, we won't keep it long term

  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited April 2019

    Nice! Do you think you'll be able to have competitive pricing for low volume users?

    don't buy what you don't need: you'll save money and will end up able to grab a quality VPS when really needed.

  • Good luck with the project and hope all goes well for launch. It would be good to have an alternative to MailChannels, certainly with cheaper pricing for lower volume users.

  • @LeonDynamic said:
    Good luck with the project and hope all goes well for launch. It would be good to have an alternative to MailChannels, certainly with cheaper pricing for lower volume users.

    Second this

  • ZerpyZerpy Member

    GDPR Friendly?

    Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    @datanoise said:
    Nice! Do you think you'll be able to have competitive pricing for low volume users?

    Yeah we will. What we’re aiming for is something similar to the MX Route.io pricing.

    @Gravely said:

    @LeonDynamic said:
    Good luck with the project and hope all goes well for launch. It would be good to have an alternative to MailChannels, certainly with cheaper pricing for lower volume users.

    Second this

    Thanks for the luck guys. We want to bring our a fair playing field for all the hosts out there, big or small. Hopefully this will help even things out.

    @Zerpy said:
    GDPR Friendly?

    Not at launch but we’ve asked our legal guys to help prepare for this.

  • Wow I was searching for a cheap alternative. Kindly PM me when it's ready.

  • jackbjackb Member, Provider

    I don't mean any offence -- but are you sure you're near ready?

    Just yesterday you posted this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest

    Thanked by 2Nate812 jetchirag

    Afterburst - Awesome OpenVZ&KVM VPS in US+EU

  • roastroast Member

    .

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    @jackb said:
    I don't mean any offence -- but are you sure you're near ready?

    Just yesterday you posted this: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest

    Was just looking for feedback on our IP pools, ended up deciding already :)

  • @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    Was just looking for feedback on our IP pools, ended up deciding already :)

    Why it was deleted then? Seems fishy.

    Trying to be positive and friendly :)

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    alexvolk said: Why it was deleted then? Seems fishy.

    Nothing was deleted?

  • austeniteaustenite Member, Provider

    Good luck with new venture, nice to something new coming to an otherwise stagnant market!

  • @Jamie_DreamIT said:

    alexvolk said: Why it was deleted then? Seems fishy.

    Nothing was deleted?

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest was deleted

    Yeah it looks very fishy..

  • @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    Nothing was deleted?

    Umm....

    Permission Problem
    You don't have permission to do that.

    Trying to be positive and friendly :)

  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider
    edited April 2019

    @zafouhar said:

    @Jamie_DreamIT said:

    alexvolk said: Why it was deleted then? Seems fishy.

    Nothing was deleted?

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/156842/recommended-number-of-ips-for-smtp-relay#latest was deleted

    Yeah it looks very fishy..

    Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sauce in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

  • HackedServerHackedServer Member
    edited April 2019

    Charging based on servers seems very odd, it doesn't make any sense to me. What was your reasoning for choosing that pricing style? How does that work if a customer relayed through a single server of their own and then sent to you?

    Will you hide source IPs (like SES) or show them (like MailChannels)?

    Will you require domain/email white listing (like AWS) or allow people to send using any domain (like MailChannels)?

    Where will the servers be located?

  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited April 2019

    @trewq said:
    Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sause in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

    Sure, next time when some provider will create a new discussion should I backup it with web archive? Public forum, secret sause LOL.

    ^^ @Jamie_DreamIT hide your secret sause more, so much interesting to fail from start.

    Good luck.

    Thanked by 1sibaper

    Trying to be positive and friendly :)

  • @alexvolk said:

    @trewq said:
    Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sause in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

    Sure, next time when some provider will create a new discussion should I backup it with web archive? Public forum, secret sause LOL.

    ^^ @Jamie_DreamIT hide your secret sause more, so much interesting to fail from start.

    Good luck.

    AFAIK members/providers cannot move or delete threads. Only the mods can do that. @trewq can you confirm this please?

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider
    edited April 2019

    trewq said: Someone moved it to the private providers category. Fair enough I guess, no one wants to share their secret sause in public. Looking at the thread no one wanted to share at all anyway.

    It was never moved. It was always in there.

    HackedServer said: Charging based on servers seems very odd, it doesn't make any sense to me. What was your reasoning for choosing that pricing style?

    It was based around offering a different pricing structure, ensuring server stability and a few licensing restrictions but this is not 100% concrete and as mentioned, we're open to feedback.

    HackedServer said: How does that work if a customer relayed through a single server of their own and then sent to you?

    If we did have a restriction, we'll send a warning and go from there. If you're able to relay your own servers, you may not even need the service at all :)

    HackedServer said: Will you hide source IPs (like SES) or show them (like MailChannels)?

    We'll show them. The idea is that it's a drop-in replacement for MailChannels while offering more features and better pricing.

  • @Jamie_DreamIT just wondering are you looking to launch full product in May/June or enter a beta stage?

  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited April 2019

    Would be nice if you work something out with MXroute @jar. For them, it will save up some money making the outbound relays and for you, you will be using a outbound relay that has already been verified by thousands of users (I actually found their outbound relays better than MC). Just suggestion ;)

    Edit : I just re-read the full thread and I also find the 'XX number of servers' part weird. I do believe most people will want 'do whatever you want with the server/ips and just get my email delivered' instead. And assuming that number of server means the number of IPs, what happens if an IP gets RBL'd? If I only bought 1 server and that server gets RBL'd do I have to get another one? And will each customer get a dedicated IP (this should hike up the cost alot)?

    Thanked by 1poisson
  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    Interesting. Wouldnt mind to beta test it and provide you advice. :)

  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider

    sanvit said: AFAIK members/providers cannot move or delete threads. Only the mods can do that. @trewq can you confirm this please?

    Correct

    Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider
    edited April 2019

    @LeonDynamic said:
    @Jamie_DreamIT just wondering are you looking to launch full product in May/June or enter a beta stage?

    Hoping to start beta in May and the full launch in June. As mentioned, the actual relay works great. Right now, we're averaging 6 seconds for email processing (received by the gateway, scanned for spam and viruses and delivered to mail server) which is fast, really fast.

    At the moment, I"m gauging an expected level of interestest, developing our automation process, legal requirements and website/brand.

    sanvit said: And assuming that number of server means the number of IPs

    The idea of a number of servers refers to the number of servers sending mail to the SMTP relays, where every server would share a pool of our IPs.

    We don't want to be in a position where people would add a few dozen servers, which send little to no volume (and pay small amounts), and if there are any issues with setting up ect, it would not be really worthwhile for us profit wise.

    Ideally, we would offer a greater level of support in regards to setting up, reducing spam before reaches our servers (setting up outbound Spam Assassin & MailScanner, yes this reduces the amount you'll pay us but reduces SPAM from even reaching the relay at all) and fast Australian support (not sure if you guys understand the wage difference in Australia compared to other places in the world).

    With our current hosting brand, we have a stronger emphasis on support and fast/knowledgeable responses.

    MikePT said: Interesting. Wouldnt mind to beta test it and provide you advice.

    Sounds great, will reach out soon :)

  • Jamie_DreamIT said: With our current hosting brand, we have a stronger emphasis on support and fast/knowledgeable responses.

    Can vouch for this. Jamie and Abs are always a minute away. Very happy to be a partner :smile:

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider
    edited April 2019

    Gravely said: Can vouch for this. Jamie and Abs are always a minute away. Very happy to be a partner

    Thanks for that :)

    Managed to get the average scan time down to 5s. Hoping to bring it down further while ESET settles in.

  • @sanvit said:
    Would be nice if you work something out with MXroute @jar. For them, it will save up some money making the outbound relays and for you, you will be using a outbound relay that has already been verified by thousands of users (I actually found their outbound relays better than MC). Just suggestion ;)

    Second this. I am not moving away from MXroute because it is really solid.

    Deals and Reviews: LowEndBoxes Review | Avoid dodgy providers with The LEBRE Whitelist | Free hosting (with conditions): Evolution-Host, NanoKVM, FreeMach, ServedEZ | Follow latest deals on Twitter or Telegram

  • @poisson said:
    Second this. I am not moving away from MXroute because it is really solid.

    Still mxroute based and being used on cPanel? @jar

    Trying to be positive and friendly :)

  • jarjar Provider
    edited April 2019

    alexvolk said: Still mxroute based and being used on cPanel? @jar

    Aye, I'm still spending more time on outbound infra than inbound, and still basically outsourcing the front-end to cPanel with some minor "improvements" on the paperlantern template. The outbound has flourished though, it's really the thing I'm most proud of.

    Jamie_DreamIT said: We've been working on a MailChannels alternative the past few months for our customers as we've had a plethora of issues.

    Welcome to the market :heart:

    MagicSpam blackmails providers into buying their software, and ServerHub is a professional spam organization.

  • I'm interested, keep us posted.

  • Interested as well!

    jar said: Aye, I'm still spending more time on outbound infra than inbound, and still basically outsourcing the front-end to cPanel with some minor "improvements" on the paperlantern template. The outbound has flourished though, it's really the thing I'm most proud of.

    I've some experience with cPanel. If you are stuck somewhere, maybe I'll be able to help!

    Thanked by 1jar

    ^-^!

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    I've some experience with cPanel. If you are stuck somewhere, maybe I'll be able to help!

    If you're experienced with developing cPanel hooks, please get in touch :)

  • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

    @Jamie_DreamIT said:

    I've some experience with cPanel. If you are stuck somewhere, maybe I'll be able to help!

    If you're experienced with developing cPanel hooks, please get in touch :)

    What hooks do you need?

  • Any update on this @Jamie_DreamIT ?

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    @sweatbar said:
    Any update on this @Jamie_DreamIT ?

    Sti'll getting there. Right now, we've configured a fallback to MailChannels and we're still sorting out billing

    Thanked by 2MikeAtBun sweatbar
  • hzrhzr Member, Moderator

    I'd be interested but unfortunately I only send boring transactional emails

  • Any Updates?

  • Would also be very interested on an update :)

  • JorgeJorge Member
    edited September 2019

    Me too.
    I just went through their website, and nothing related to a MailChannels alternative caught my eyes.
    Actually, the only thing that really jumped in my face was their 'Unlimited cPanel accounts' with every Email Reseller package on offer.

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider

    Hey guys.

    Jorge said: Actually, the only thing that really jumped in my face was their 'Unlimited cPanel accounts' with every Email Reseller package on offer.

    Yep, will be updated shortly.

    Our SMTP relay is getting some more features built to replicate MC. Will keep you guys posted.

  • @Jamie_DreamIT said:
    Hey guys.

    Jorge said: Actually, the only thing that really jumped in my face was their 'Unlimited cPanel accounts' with every Email Reseller package on offer.

    Yep, will be updated shortly.

    Our SMTP relay is getting some more features built to replicate MC. Will keep you guys posted.

    Sounds good :)

    ^-^!

  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Provider

    Jamie_DreamIT said: Our SMTP relay is getting some more features built to replicate MC. Will keep you guys posted.

    Any ETA, or is it in production somewhere?

    MechanicWeb.com - Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS | Dedicated Server
    NVMe SSD | cPanel | DirectAdmin | LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | MailChannels | JetBackup

  • MechanicWeb said: Any ETA, or is it in production somewhere?

    even I wanted to try it. Hope it gets launched soon.

    Have a great day! Recommended: Namecheap | Godaddy | Cloudflare | AWS | Google Cloud | Ramnode VPS | BuyVM | OVH | Hetzner

  • Has this gone by the wayside?? Any new word on a MailChannels alternative?

  • I will be attentive to this. I have already received the notification from Mailchannels that on November 1 updated the value of my plan. (I was a mxroute customer)

  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Provider

    Hello.

    Can Postal be an alternative?

    https://github.com/atech/postal

  • @georgedatacenter said:
    Hello.

    Can Postal be an alternative?

    https://github.com/atech/postal

    Postal is only a piece of software, not a proper MailChannels alternative. One still has to manage servers, ip pools, spam etc.

    #lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Provider
    edited September 2019

    We use it on some of managed production servers which then has been forwarding to MailChannels (was used to test reliability and is no longer used).

    We've been busy warming up a few hundred IPs over the past few months and so far has been looking great.

    Right now, we're working on:

    • building an interface to handle billing
    • finalising rate-limiting/restrictions
    • fine-tuning our spam rules and manual release (users can release up to 5-20 emails without having to contact us)
    • HA servers

    It's been quite a challenge internally and we've been fast tracking this since we've had numerous instances of BS from MC (blocking entire servers for hours due to 3-5 individual spam instances and similar issues that Jarland has also had).

    https://dsh.re/1735a
    https://dsh.re/5c6bd
    https://dsh.re/b0c1e

    The last screenshot mentions 1 blacklist using the testing tools from Glock Apps. The blacklist refers to how https://matrix.spfbl.net/ handles blacklists for rDNS (was already set).

Sign In or Register to comment.