Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Australian VPS Hosting | NVMe Storage | 1GB Link | Affordable | 50% off Promo!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Australian VPS Hosting | NVMe Storage | 1GB Link | Affordable | 50% off Promo!

QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep
edited April 2019 in Offers

Get 50% off your first invoice on all VPS's using code "LETSGO".

VPS start at $5 per month:

1GB Memory
30GB NVME Disk Space
1TB Premium Bandwidth
1 Core 3.4GHz

To see more information and plans go to https://quantumcore.com.au/

Quantum Core is 100% Australian owned and operated and the team behind Quantum Core has over 20 years in experience in the Web Hosting industry.

Our servers have a 1GB link, Intel GoldLake CPU's with clock speeds of 3.4GHz and is purely NVMe storage.

Quantum Core servers are located in Equinix Data Centres in Sydney.

Our ping/tracert IP is: 203.28.238.101

Thanked by 2Daniel15 corbpie

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Hi QuantumCore, you can consider posting the specifications here so other can take a look here without going to your website.

Besides that, the Windows VPS is out of the price range. Please refer to rules of selling here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018/p1 and make sure all offers posted here are within $7/m recurring (not just first month)

Regards.

• QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:
    Hi QuantumCore, you can consider posting the specifications here so other can take a look here without going to your website.

Besides that, the Windows VPS is out of the price range. Please refer to rules of selling here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/153228/rules-for-selling-on-lowendtalk-updated-04th-sep-2018/p1 and make sure all offers posted here are within $7/m recurring (not just first month)

Regards.

Fixed :) Sorry.

• Looks pretty interesting! Do you have a Looking Glass available?

Any plans for servers in Melbourne?

• Nice, good to see some strong CPU's and NVMe's.

Thanked by 1QuantumCore

@Daniel15 said:
    Looks pretty interesting! Do you have a Looking Glass available?

Any plans for servers in Melbourne?

Hi Daniel, we don't have a looking glass setup. Just that test IP. Unfortunately we're only in Sydney currently...I'd hope to see us all around Australia soon! :)

@corbpie said:
    Nice, good to see some strong CPU's and NVMe's.

Yep, it's some solid hardware! :wink:

• Hi,ovz or kvm?

• @ZRBLOG said:
    Hi,ovz or kvm?

It should be KVM

• roastroast Member

• Love seeing new Aussie hosts!

Now just to wait a couple of months then test performance :)

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • Nice bandwidth allowance. Shame it's not a recurring discount but still good pricing for Aus.

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • I forgot to ask... Is that one dedicated CPU core, or is it 'fair share' CPU? Do any of your plans include dedicated CPU?

@chocolateshirt said:

@ZRBLOG said:
    Hi,ovz or kvm?

It should be KVM

Yes Chocolate is right, KVM.

@Daniel15 said:
    I forgot to ask... Is that one dedicated CPU core, or is it 'fair share' CPU? Do any of your plans include dedicated CPU?

Hi Daniel, that's a virtual CPU. Unfortunately we don't offer dedicated CPUs at this stage.

@IncognitoBurrito said:
    Nice bandwidth allowance. Shame it's not a recurring discount but still good pricing for Aus.

Cheers :)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited April 2019

I just signed up to try it out. Server feels very fast so far, but I wonder how long that'll last as they add more customers. CPU performance is faster than other providers I've tried at a similar price point. Disk IO is good, but just seems similar to regular (non-NVMe) SSDs. I thought the difference between regular SSD and NVMe would be greater.

Their WHMCS control panel is extremely minimal, it doesn't even have an option to mount an ISO. I had to contact support to get them to mount an ISO for me. So far, support seems very responsive (even outside of Australian business hours) which is great.

host-passthrough wasn't enabled by default (so the CPU was masked in /proc/cpuinfo), but they were happy to enable it.

Benchmarks:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12932098 - I also have Vultr, AWS Lightsail, Binary Lane and FlowVPS benchmarks on my Geekbench account for comparisons with other server providers in Australia.
    https://serverscope.io/trials/wvaB

Thanked by 2corbpie QuantumCore
    edited April 2019

@Daniel15 said:
    I just signed up to try it out. Server feels very fast so far, but I wonder how long that'll last as they add more customers. CPU performance is faster than other providers I've tried at a similar price point. Disk IO is good, but just seems similar to regular (non-NVMe) SSDs. I thought the difference between regular SSD and NVMe would be greater.

Their WHMCS control panel is extremely minimal, it doesn't even have an option to mount an ISO. I had to contact support to get them to mount an ISO for me. So far, support seems very responsive (even outside of Australian business hours) which is great.

host-passthrough wasn't enabled by default (so the CPU was masked in /proc/cpuinfo), but they were happy to enable it.

Benchmarks:
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/12932098 - I also have Vultr, AWS Lightsail, Binary Lane and FlowVPS benchmarks on my Geekbench account for comparisons with other server providers in Australia.
    https://serverscope.io/trials/wvaB

Thanks Daniel, appreciate the review.

We have a very specific number of customers we cap per node to ensure there is no performance degradation. I'm confident if you reviewed this post in a year's time you'll agree.

Can always open a support ticket if you believe our performance speed is lower than expected. We're always around :-)

Originally we were going for the simplistic control area as usually simple is better, but as people have been reaching out with questions or requests for additional features we've been enabling or adding them.

Also interesting about the SSD speed's. I'd also think they'd be noticeably quicker - we have another cluster that we use for testing purposes that is regular SSD's. I'm going to do some benchmark testing between the two out of interest.

Thanks again!

• $30/year/first invoice is interesting and fair enough for me but is that currency symbol referring to USD or AUD? Also, it is not clear that you have an IPv6 native support out of the box without any configuration after OS installation or not.

SG <-> AU

[09:42:09][sudoranger@sudoranger][~] $ ping -c4 203.28.238.101
    PING 203.28.238.101 (203.28.238.101) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=287 ms
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=578 ms
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=322 ms
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=4 ttl=48 time=271 ms

--- 203.28.238.101 ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3001ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 271.803/365.083/578.487/124.555 ms

• @sudoranger said:
    $30/year/first invoice is interesting and fair enough for me but is that currency symbol referring to USD or AUD?

Australian Dollars.

@sudoranger said:
    $30/year/first invoice is interesting and fair enough for me but is that currency symbol referring to USD or AUD? Also, it is not clear that you have an IPv6 native support out of the box without any configuration after OS installation or not.

SG <-> AU

[09:42:09][sudoranger@sudoranger][~] $ ping -c4 203.28.238.101
    PING 203.28.238.101 (203.28.238.101) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=287 ms
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=578 ms
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=322 ms
    64 bytes from 203.28.238.101: icmp_seq=4 ttl=48 time=271 ms

--- 203.28.238.101 ping statistics ---
    4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3001ms
    rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 271.803/365.083/578.487/124.555 ms

We don't support IPv6 at this stage.

Yes, IncognitoBurrito is correct. It's in AUD. Unfortunately I can't update this thread anymore to say AUD - sorry.

• QuantumCore said: We have a very specific number of customers we cap per node to ensure there is no performance degradation. I'm confident if you reviewed this post in a year's time you'll agree.

That's definitely reassuring. I'm likely going to migrate some of my Australia-based sites from another VPS host to Quantum Core and will keep an eye on their performance :+1:

QuantumCore said: Originally we were going for the simplistic control area as usually simple is better, but as people have been reaching out with questions or requests for additional features we've been enabling or adding them.

Simple is good, but not allowing ISOs to be mounted is a bit too simple. :)

BinaryLane's control panel is my favourite one by far. You don't need all their features, but things like being able to upload custom ISOs and change reverse DNS would be really nice. If anything it's good inspiration for functionality that power users find very useful.

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • QuantumCore said: We don't support IPv6 at this stage.

Any ETA on IPv6 support? This is one of my main pain points with the service so far.

sudoranger said: $30/year/first invoice is interesting and fair enough for me

Oh cool, I didn't realise the discount would cover different billing periods too. I just stuck with the default monthly option so I only got one month discounted :disappointed:

At this stage, we have no plans of introducing IPv6 support. I'll start the discussion today/tomorrow.

If you want to move to an annual package open a ticket and we can apply the discount :)

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran

QuantumCore said: Also interesting about the SSD speed's. I'd also think they'd be noticeably quicker - we have another cluster that we use for testing purposes that is regular SSD's. I'm going to do some benchmark testing between the two out of interest.

I haven't ticketed it, but someone on Whirlpool pointed out that Binary Lane's disk IO performance is quite a bit better than what I was seeing in my benchmark on QuantumCore. AFAIK BinaryLane also use NVMe drives in their newer nodes. Maybe I'll run a few more benchmarks to compare. The comment is here: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/2797399#r10

QuantumCore said: At this stage, we have no plans of introducing IPv6 support. I'll start the discussion today/tomorrow.

I hope you can support it soon. I'm using a HE TunnelBroker tunnel for now, but native support would be better :)

QuantumCore said: If you want to move to an annual package open a ticket and we can apply the discount :)

Done, thanks!! This is ridiculously cheap for Australian hosting.

edited May 2019

@Daniel15 said:

QuantumCore said: Also interesting about the SSD speed's. I'd also think they'd be noticeably quicker - we have another cluster that we use for testing purposes that is regular SSD's. I'm going to do some benchmark testing between the two out of interest.

I haven't ticketed it, but someone on Whirlpool pointed out that Binary Lane's disk IO performance is quite a bit better than what I was seeing in my benchmark on QuantumCore. AFAIK BinaryLane also use NVMe drives in their newer nodes. Maybe I'll run a few more benchmarks to compare. The comment is here: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/2797399#r10

QuantumCore said: At this stage, we have no plans of introducing IPv6 support. I'll start the discussion today/tomorrow.

I hope you can support it soon. I'm using a HE TunnelBroker tunnel for now, but native support would be better :)

QuantumCore said: If you want to move to an annual package open a ticket and we can apply the discount :)

Done, thanks!! This is ridiculously cheap for Australian hosting.

Hey Daniel,

Yea I was notified about the Whirlpool post and a few of us have spent the better part of today working on the IO speeds and will hopefully fix soon. It doesn't look to be affecting everyone.

Yep :) Very cheap. Our goal is to provide powerful & affordable VPS Hosting!

Thanked by 1Daniel15
    edited May 2019

We have concluded our testing and we are confident that our read/write is up to standard. :)

https://serverscope.io/trials/49x9#system

Thanked by 1Daniel15

Due to how well our last promotion went, we've decided to do another one! You can use code DISCOUNT50 at checkout for 50% off your first invoice.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • Also the new nodes support IPv6 which is awesome. Just migrated my VPS across to a new node today. Thanks!

Thanked by 1QuantumCore