Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SMARTHOST ⚡ Ultra-Fast NVME SSD KVM VPS ⚡ Only $2.95/Month! ⚡ NVME!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SMARTHOST ⚡ Ultra-Fast NVME SSD KVM VPS ⚡ Only $2.95/Month! ⚡ NVME!!

Comments

• The fancy CSS effects on your website remind me of all those awful PowerPoint designs I saw over the years. It's hard to see any useful information before those buttons and tabs stop bouncing around.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@Kiwi83 said:
    The fancy CSS effects on your website remind me of all those awful PowerPoint designs I saw over the years. It's hard to see any useful information before those buttons and tabs stop bouncing around.

First report we have seen about that from anyone. I have not seen such in any system when testing. What system and OS are you using? Are you sure it’s not you?

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

I have to agree with @Kiwi83, animations are good if used correctly. I feel that it is overdoing and increased the cognitive load of users.

EDIT: I can still read those information but the animations are a bit annoying.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @SmartHost said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    The fancy CSS effects on your website remind me of all those awful PowerPoint designs I saw over the years. It's hard to see any useful information before those buttons and tabs stop bouncing around.

First report we have seen about that from anyone. I have not seen such in any system when testing. What system and OS are you using? Are you sure it’s not you?

I was trying to say your website will look much better without those annoying/distracting/unnecessary animations.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • SmartHost said: First report we have seen about that from anyone.

I noticed them too. I think they are working as designed, but as a matter of taste I found the design annoying. I prefer words and images that don't squirm around on the page.

• roastroast Member

Too costly, would rather go with 1 $ ones outta clubs and pubs. And use a 2 cent condom by the company which says my 2 cents are free

@Kiwi83 said:
    I was trying to say your website will look much better without those annoying/distracting/unnecessary animations. >

Ahh OK. Thanks for the input. As this is a fairly new design for us, we don't expect to be changing any time soon. We will take that under consideration for the future if we decide to implement a new design later on.

@roast said:
    And use a 2 cent condom by the company which says my 2 cents are free

Ummm...I think you are on the wrong forum for that.

• @SmartHost said:
    Ahh OK. Thanks for the input. As this is a fairly new design for us, we don't expect to be changing any time soon. We will take that under consideration for the future if we decide to implement a new design later on.

I taught web design for a long time and a student who did those animation things would be severely penalized, especially if they keep moving each time I scroll. Those kinds of things keep on calling out for attention and they distract and annoy very quickly. It's just like a kid that keeps on pressing the doorbell every minute or two forcing you to get up to pay attention to it. After a few times, you are going to get really angry.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

poisson said: student who did those animation things would be severely penalized

I don't think that's a good idea. Animation is fine as long as it is used correctly. In fact, it is necessary in some cases to bring the interactions and associations among different components.

• @FAT32 said:

poisson said: student who did those animation things would be severely penalized

I don't think that's a good idea. Animation is fine as long as it is used correctly. In fact, it is necessary in some cases to bring the interactions and associations among different components.

Not well used in this case. Animation is salt, not steak.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Your post mentions that IRC is not allowed. Does that mean everything regarding IRC (including bouncers)?

Update on location rollout for the NVME KVM services: Boston service will be available end of next week, UK we expect by end of the month, and Amsterdam NL first half of May. Chicago TBA, but still expected in next few weeks, and Seattle by end of May.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • JonesJones Member
    edited April 2019

I am amazed at their sense of responsibility. I am happy to choose it,I hope they can be a solid long-term operation,business is booming :)

@Jones said:
    I am amazed at their sense of responsibility. I am happy to choose it,I hope they can be a solid long-term operation,business is booming :)

Thank you...glad you are pleased with the service levels! :-)

• I do not like your website. You are chasing me.

@dongne said:
    I do not like your website. You are chasing me.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It is a fairly new design, and we have no intent of changing it any time in the near future. It also has no impact on our service offerings, nor the quality of service we offer our clients.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2019

@SmartHost That was an unbeatable value cPanel-inclusive VPS that I had with you for a few years. A KVM equivalent may pique my interest in you again, though using HDD would keep the cost lowend. ;-)

• why can't I actually spot any plan with 2 or 4 GB RAM... can't see how to customize the order either.

Would be interested to see if you can offer anything good with 4GB RAM

• edited April 2019

@mehargags said:
    why can't I actually spot any plan with 2 or 4 GB RAM... can't see how to customize the order either.

Would be interested to see if you can offer anything good with 4GB RAM

You click on the "order now" under the plan you want, and then you can add up to 24GB Ram, 100GB Storage, 20TB BW, and 8 CPU threads. Why you don't see it? Now that is a whole other question, which I can't answer for you.

EDIT:

Thanked by 1mehargags

Correct. All our plans are customizable, and we list only the base levels as the starting point. You can then increase any specific resource from that point. We don't force you into only predefined plans, or make you balance out resources evenly in any manner.

• Thanks @t0ny0
    I overlooked that :wink: I can see how to customize now

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • zhujizhuji Member

1t SSD.how much?

@zhuji said:
    1t SSD.how much?

We don't offer that high of disk capacity on these NVME VPS, not financially feasible yet.
    Best to go with a Dedicated Server for that, even if needs to be NVME, than what we'd have to charge for that much NVME disk space on one of our VPS nodes.

• miumiu Member

if possible then offer for this pls (here or PM)

7GB NVME SSD Disk
    1GB RAM
    4 CPU Core

thanks

• @miu said:

7GB NVME SSD Disk
    1GB RAM
    4 CPU Core

thanks

Total seems to be 7.95 USD when building with your desired requirements (4 CPU, 10GB disk, 1GB RAM).

Thanked by 1miu

@t0ny0 said:

@miu said:

7GB NVME SSD Disk
    1GB RAM
    4 CPU Core

thanks

Total seems to be 7.95 USD when building with your desired requirements (4 CPU, 10GB disk, 1GB RAM).

Correct. You can customize those exact specs on our order form, priced as t0ny0 stated already. :-)

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited April 2019

yes i'm fool (because sooner as i tried check order page i opened ticket here)

still one question (regarding you mentioned new locations soon):

I strongly prefer (due from shorter latency) EU locations because i'm in EU, question is:

Can u tell approx when will be those NVMe fast KVM also available in AMS/NL and London/UK??

(oVZ i see u already have EU location available)

thanks for info

Yes, we have alot of folks waiting for these in the EU market.

London UK is being installed as I type this, so will be available by Monday at latest. However, we have limited IP availability there for a bit yet, so may limit order quantity until our new RIPE allocation is received in a week or so.

In Amsterdam NL we are waiting on rack space to be provisioned currently. Our equipment arrived there today, and we have IP space allocated, but still waiting on rack space. Hopefully next week some time we are up and running there.

Thanked by 1miu
  • zhujizhuji Member

NTT to china loss pack 40% ~....