Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Barracuda RBL removal problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Barracuda RBL removal problem

qba82qba82 Member, Patron Provider

Hi all,
did anybody successfully removed any IP from Barracuda RBL in last days?

They removal form seems to not work, I don't get even confirmation on email that request has been sent.

Comments

• We've never had one successfully removed, even after years of trying.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

All the time on new machines.

• Most RBLs are like protection rackets. The ideal option is not sending mail to the idiot that uses it to filter spam.

Sadly, most of the time best and ideal options are not the same in life.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@qba82 said:
    Hi all,

They removal form seems to not work, I don't get even confirmation on email that request has been sent.

Mmm, we don't have those issues. Just an odd question but maybe the email you entered is marking the Barracuda Mail as spam? Try another email address?

Also, AFAIK Barracuda does not require you to click on a confirmation link. The email it self just says it will be delisted and they will monitor the reputation etc.

Thanked by 1qba82
  • DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2019

@qba82 said:
    Hi all,

Yes, 6 IPs were delisted on April 6.

Thanked by 1qba82
  • qba82qba82 Member, Patron Provider

Ok I have sent them a ticket and after few hours they support respond me that my IPs were removed from rbl.

• LeviLevi Member

Baracuda is dying blacklist. Their system is half working cgi monster. Shame to any mail server admins who use them. Rbl is outdated weapon against spam.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

may be you should ask your upstream provider to take up the matter with them

• deankdeank Member, Troll

They listen to no one that doesn't pay them money.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    They listen to no one that doesn't pay them money.

almost every time, we took a fresh block, and the ips were listed, they did listen to us, and we did not pay them

so may be there is a little different perception of things and situations around...