Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What software do I need for remote encrypted backups?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What software do I need for remote encrypted backups?

rchurchrchurch Member

What type of software do I need to give users access to remote encrypted backups, on both the client side and the remote?

I need something which allows the users to mount a remote encrypted volume and copy files back and from to it such as an SSHFS mounted drive, but the data should be encrypted locally before being sent, so that if the remote server gets compromised the data will be still encrypted.

I have seen raymii's post https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/27979/encrypted-duplicity-backups-to-openstack-swift-objectstore on using Duplicity.

If I have full and secure control of the remote server I don't mind using some software which enables the remote server to decrypt the data or at least the metadata so that file listing can be transferred across the networking, without having to transfer all the data to get file listings from it.

What other options exist like it?

Comments