Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windscribe VPN - 30GB Free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windscribe VPN - 30GB Free

You can currently create/upgrade your Free Windscribe account to be able to use up to 30GB data per month through:

https://sharewareonsale.com/s/windscribe-vpn-giveaway-coupon-sale

Just enter (fake) info on the link above and proceed until you get the Windscribe Coupon Code. Then register an account through the original Windscribe Website (windscribe.com) and use the "Have a voucher" button to add your voucher or redeem it from your account dashboard if you already have an account :) You will still only be able to use Windscribe Standard Servers (not Pro servers) but these are just as fast as Pro from my experience. Just fewer servers to choose from overall. Netflix does unblock on US East afaik even though the "official" Netflix Server is reserved for Pro Users.
Crunchyroll also unblocks without any problems :)

Comments

• MadMad Member

Lifetime upgrade?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

The way I understood it, yes :)

A Mod on Discord just said it's probably only for a year.
    And as I'm blind here the ToS:

Terms and Conditions

This is an unlimited-device 1-year 30GB-per-month license, for commercial or > noncommercial use

You get free upgrades

You get free tech support

You must redeem the voucher code before this giveaway has ended

May not be resold

Thanked by 1Mad
  • Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited April 2019

Can you use it without running their closed source apps?

(windows)

• @Adam1 said:
    Can you use it without running their closed source apps?

(windows)

OpenVPN Config generation is a Pro feature so I believe you can only use the Windscribe Windows/Mac/Mobile App or Browser extension.

• Adam1Adam1 Member

Yeah, that's what I found, wondered if there was an undocumented way. Thanks though, useful to some I imagine.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Adam1 said:
    Yeah, that's what I found, wondered if there was an undocumented way. Thanks though, useful to some I imagine.

Interesting to see though:

https://windscribe.com/transparency

https://windscribe.com/privacy

Thanked by 1poisson
  • Just signed up

The chuck Norris approves gif in the activation email is rather funny :smile:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They now support port forwarding for free and added more servers at my location. Should have bought the lifetime plan.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@Kiwi83 said:
    They now support port forwarding for free and added more servers at my location. Should have bought the lifetime plan.

I bought it in November for 40$. In January they stopped selling them.
    Tbh. I really love it. Unblocks every stream/website I need to unblock, is fast, being able to tweak ROBERT to my liking and add custom rules is cool and Free Portforwarding for Pro Users (although restricted to only for 24 hours) is great value.

• @Ympker said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    They now support port forwarding for free and added more servers at my location. Should have bought the lifetime plan.

I couldn't find Windscribe on StackSocial last time I checked. I guess they stopped selling all those cheap promo plans.

• @Kiwi83 said:

@Ympker said:

@Kiwi83 said:

I couldn't find Windscribe on StackSocial last time I checked. I guess they stopped selling all those cheap promo plans.

Yes. Since January they stopped.

• ChuckChuck Member

so this 30GB Free only for 1 year?

• Ympker said: for 40$

you're lucky =)

I bought NAT VPS what do exactly the same for around 3$ / year or 5$ year don't remember.

• They had a 50GB/month free traffic code for Reddit users. Something like reddit50. I don't know if it still works since I've upgraded to a paid plan for some time. I thought someone might be interested.

• Does Windscribe Work With Netflix?

• @epicnessh said:
    Does Windscribe Work With Netflix?

They have Windflix servers which supports Netflix, but only for paid users.

• gianggiang Veteran

I remembered I got free 60GB from someone posted a link to registered here on LowEndTalk, still got it now after 2 years 4 months :smiley:

• The free plan doesn't allow Australia :angry:

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@desperand said:

Ympker said: for 40$

you're lucky =)

I bought NAT VPS what do exactly the same for around 3$ / year or 5$ year don't remember.

I also have a NAT, however for my purposes it does not exactly the same. I want to unblock Netflix/BBC etc and it can be a real pita to always get a new VPS when your provider gets blacklisted. With a VPN Service Provider that takes care of that however, this is no longer a concern of mine as the VPN Provider ensures that Flix/BBC etc keeps working while I lean back and enjoy that it just works :)

• gol3mgol3m Member

Ympker posts a lot of helpful things. :0

Windscribe is pretty good, although despite the client your real IPv6 address is leaked over WebRTC.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2019

@gol3m said:
    Ympker posts a lot of helpful things. :0

Windscribe is pretty good, although despite the client your real IPv6 address is leaked over WebRTC.

I have IPv6 disabled on my router ;)
    Not that I'd try to be anonymous though. Just sometimes unblocking doesn't work if it has IPv6 fallback.