Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much my country ISP could spy on me .
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much my country ISP could spy on me .

inklightinklight Member
edited April 2019 in Help

In short I'm Atheist and live in Muslim country , we have our web forum that's I visit from time to time , most the time I'm using proxy to visit these sites , but recently I read about transparent proxy were the ISP force you to use their DNS server even if you using a proxy to transfer the traffic .
I know the VPN are more secure but it's bit heavy to turn on/off on my Linux machine and I don't want surf the web with the same IP I have (to prevent foot print ) + that forum got huge attack since couple day and they start to block many IP subnet's to reduce the chance of attack .
las thing I want to ask about some site that uses Cloudflare protection I notice if I add Cloudflare IP to / etc / hosts that site will work directly without issue , but does my ISP still log my visit to that site ? or they just see IP address of Cloudflare !

Thanked by 1pike

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

You still use your ISP IP and bandwidth. You should ask your ISP to give you free service to trade with your information just like google, facebook.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • You can try to buy a bundle of NAT VPS and randomly choose one to connec to using sshuttle on Linux command line easily. It will be a secured connection to randomly assigned ports, so it will be hard to figure out what you are doing. Plus, you are connecting via SSH, so you can always claim that you are working on a website for a client or something. For surfing websites without leaving footprints, sshuttle is a simple solution that doesn't require complicated setup.

• @Chuck said:
    You still use your ISP IP and bandwidth. You should ask your ISP to give you free service to trade with your information just like google, facebook.

The country I live in are controlled by Islamic groups their is already atheist put in jail just once they know they leave the religion , it's considered crime with death penalty , even they denied it .

@poisson said:
    You can try to buy a bundle of NAT VPS and randomly choose one to connec to using sshuttle on Linux command line easily. It will be a secured connection to randomly assigned ports, so it will be hard to figure out what you are doing. Plus, you are connecting via SSH, so you can always claim that you are working on a website for a client or something. For surfing websites without leaving footprints, sshuttle is a simple solution that doesn't require complicated setup.

sshuttle looks great I didn't heard about it before I'll give it shot , BTW currently I have 3 NAT VPS , I test two and they were block by the forum I visit I sent them message to white list it .
    Thank you all for these replies it's opened my mind on a lot methods I didn't use before .
    Just last question if anyone are expert blocking DDosAttack these poor guys on our forum could not handle the attack anymore they lake experience to block it , I only need couple advices so I forwarding it to them .

• ChuckChuck Member

@inklight said:

@Chuck said:

The country I live in are controlled by Islamic groups their is already atheist put in jail just once they know they leave the religion , it's considered crime with death penalty , even they denied it .

Damn. sound horrible. no Human rights?

• @Chuck said:

Only Zul.

• inklight said: Just last question if anyone are expert blocking DDosAttack these poor guys on our forum could not handle the attack anymore they lake experience to block it , I only need couple advices so I forwarding it to them .

Isn't hosting the website on a DDoS protected server (OVH, Voxility, etc.) and putting CloudFlare I'm Under Attack mode enough?

• sanvit said: Isn't hosting the website on a DDoS protected server (OVH, Voxility, etc.) and putting CloudFlare I'm Under Attack mode enough?

they use CloadFlare now but what I understand the attacker uses 20k something IP addresses and open multiple sessions for each one (this like attack bots ) first the use guess messages feature in vBulletin , even after the activate CloudFlare I can still see (~20k active user ) on the forum status . but now I see Database error white page (look like some jihadis just discovered our forum lol )

• Probably a layer 7 DDos attack that isn't as much about overwhelming the network as overwhelming the server itself. You can consider Comodo cWatch which cost 10usd a month which can mitigate layer 7 attacks. Filtering legitimate application layer attacks is a difficult job and you probably have to pay to get protected.

Otherwise, you can write to Google and ask them if they will do the DDos protection for free. They apparently do have a free service for circumstances involving human rights.

• @Chuck said:

@inklight said:

@Chuck said:

Sharia and Human rights don't mix well together. So no, there are no human rights in Sharia-ruled Islamic countries.

• @muratai said:
    Sharia and Human rights don't mix well together. So no, there are no human rights in Sharia-ruled Islamic countries.

Although, you do have the right to die horribly if you decide to be gay.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • @inklight said:

In which country do you live? @inklight

• Probably Germany.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

OP is from Earth. I am pretty sure.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Definitely Germany.

Thanked by 2uptime that_guy
  • SHORT PANTS AND LONG SOCKS

WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN SANDALS!?

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited April 2019

Brexit!

I love this drama called Brexit.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@toumi111 said:

@inklight said:

In which country do you live? @inklight

My first guess would have been Saudi Arabia, but since the OP writes "controlled by Islamic groups", it sounds like it's another country. Unfortunately, there are a number of such countries: Somalia, Western Sahara, Afghanistan, Senegal -- to mention several.

In any case, there's no reason that the OP should reveal this.

Thanked by 1muratai
  • that_guythat_guy Member
    edited April 2019

@Letzien said:
    SHORT PANTS AND LONG SOCKS

Thats oldskool german gangster style, which was later adopted by L.A. cholos:

@Letzien said:

WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN SANDALS!?

You have to earn them. Only kingpins are allowed to wear sandals with short pants and long socks. So usually its older men. If you see a guy like this, you know he must be a real O.G.:

Notice that the shorter the shorts, and the longer the socks, the higher up the person is in the hierarchy.
    But if you see a white youngster like that, it's probably just a hipster that will get shot when he is seen by some thugs. So never walk or stand close to them!

PS: Sorry for offtopic'ing such a serious matter. Just bumping it to bring attention to the cause. (OK that was a lie. But still...)

Thanked by 1Letzien
  • For your own safety just use vpn

Thanked by 1inklight
  • Just use 1.1.1.1

Thanked by 1inklight
  • Use an encrypted vpn installed on your own vps and use secured dns resolvers. And if you are so paranoid thinking that someone may monitor your vps also, use on top of that tor for surfing following all the security guidelines. Problem solved.

Thanked by 1inklight