Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got the same email? €100 of credit to try Scaleway products in April
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone got the same email? €100 of credit to try Scaleway products in April

bapbap Member

Dear Cloud Rider,

For a few months now, Scaleway is growing at a fast pace and we would like to give you the opportunity to test our new services such as Object Storage, GPU Instances, General Purpose Instances and Development Instances. As a result, we are glad to offer you a €100 voucher valid on all products until May 1st, 00:00 UTC.

Rest assured that you will not be charged during this month unless you consume more than €100. To track your service consumption, check out the new console dashboard.

Just wondering, did anyone get the same email as me?

note : I'm not affiliated with scaleway.

Comments

• Yep.

28 days of cluster playground.

• Their login page shows something similar, but got nothing in my inbox :(

• bapbap Member

@sanvit said:
    Their login page shows something similar, but got nothing in my inbox :(

maybe because I was not actively using their products for a very long time?

• @bap said:

@sanvit said:
    Their login page shows something similar, but got nothing in my inbox :(

maybe because I was not actively using their products for a very long time?

Nope.. :(

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2Aluminat feezioxiii
  • rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

I was using them for a few then stop and have the same email. After logging into my account I see the $100 in credit in billing.

• I did not receive it either, even though I have an active and paying account since 2015. Maybe this offer is only for people who no longer use Scaleway, to make them return.

• @default said:
    I did not receive it either, even though I have an active and paying account since 2015. Maybe this offer is only for people who no longer use Scaleway, to make them return.

I think I have idled my login for 2 years. That might be why.

• I didn't get the coupon even though I haven't spun up a new scaleway vps in a year or so. I've had a C1 idling the whole time. Silly me. I really should shut the thing off.

• ehabehab Member

@default said:
    I did not receive it either, even though I have an active and paying account since 2015. Maybe this offer is only for people who no longer use Scaleway, to make them return.

sometimes you are so smart.... same here.

• Haven't gotten any mail from Scaleway for years, mainly because my mail account is dead.

• RamiRami Member

It's for newcomers and as I see here for idle accounts as well
    I'm using it from time to time so I'm not qualified but one of there very long emails contains this:

Invite your Friends to Try Scaleway for Free
    Since April 1st, Scaleway newcomers receive a €100 credit at sign up to test our services. This credit is valid on all products until May 1st, 00:00 UTC. Do not hesitate to invite your friends to try our products! 

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2019

Ladies and gents and other night creatures,

Remember to Delete all trial instances, flexible IPs and snapshots, images from your account today before the credit expires.

I expect the usual 'scaleway scam' threads tomorrow.

As you were.

Thanked by 3poisson uptime bap
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited April 2019

@vimalware said:
    Ladies and gents and other night creatures,

Remember to delete all trial instances, flexible IPs and snapshots, images from your account today before the credit expires.

I expect the usual 'scaleway scam' threads tomorrow.

As you were.

DELETE. Not power off. You have been reminded.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • YuraYura Member

Deleting is not enough!

Send them written demand to destroy all information they have on you according to EU privacy laws.

Visit them in person and use Men in Black memory wiping stick.

Be thorough, don't let them fuck you over.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanked by 2dedotatedwam Yura