Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Netflix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Netflix

WaylonWaylon Member

Hello, I'm looking for a cheap VPS with US IP to watch Netflix, any suggestions? BTW, is there anyone who has a virmach vps, SJKVM1 0.87 per month, and wants to resell it?

Comments

• I would recommend getting a VPN service for Netflix. It's just a bit more reliable. Something like Ivacy will be good for you.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/147800/ultimate-vpn-speedtest-comparing-windscribe-pro-ivacy-fastestvpn-pia-nordvpn-openvpn-udp-speed

Thanked by 3Waylon Ympker poisson
  • Thanks

• TheRealDealTheRealDeal Member
    edited April 2019

P.S look on that thred there is a discount code for the lifetime plan.

Edit:
    Discount Code: DN40

• HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep

@Waylon said:
    Hello, I'm looking for a cheap VPS with US IP to watch Netflix, any suggestions? BTW, is there anyone who has a virmach vps, SJKVM1 0.87 per month, and wants to resell it?

I would recommend digitaloceans free 50USD for students. That should last you around 10 months.

• @HostUp said:

@Waylon said:

I would recommend digitaloceans free 50USD for students. That should last you around 10 months.

Thanks, but I'm not a student.

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

Netflix is reading the same threads you're reading.

• FootKaputFootKaput Member
    edited April 2019

I installed wireguard on a server in NY. From Italy, Hulu/Netflix detected me using a VPN.

Using a VPN service as mentioned above, you have multiple IPs to try from if the first doesn't work. I got the Ivacy lifetime, but their windows client seems to disconnect often. Also have NordVPN, and it seems much more reliable/stable.

• sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited April 2019

I have a coupon that brings smartdnsproxy down to $25 for 2 years. PM me if interested (I am not 100% sure it works but it should). I use it to stream full speed Netflix, HBO, and Hulu from Germany.

• @FootKaput said:
    I installed wireguard on a server in NY. From Italy, Hulu/Netflix detected me using a VPN.

Using a VPN service as mentioned above, you have multiple IPs to try from if the first doesn't work. I got the Ivacy lifetime, but their windows client seems to disconnect often. Also have NordVPN, and it seems much more reliable/stable.

Don't use Ivacy clients. Most are bugged. To unblock use their browser extensions or OpenVPN for full tunnel.

Thanked by 1FootKaput
  • Hostshield_LTDHostshield_LTD Member, Patron Provider

Netflix is now detecting almost every vpn/vps as a proxy, i would suggest you getting a residential ip.

Thanked by 1Xei
  • why not use smartdns?

• @Hostshield_LTD said:
    Netflix is now detecting almost every vpn/vps as a proxy, i would suggest you getting a residential ip.

Netflix is working fine for me with ivacy, smartdnsproxy, and ProtonVPN. Most other services are fine with smartdnsproxy and ivacy.

• Ivacy is using residental ips for netflix, i use it myself but only their browser extensions, as others said their clients are bugged as hell. I have also NordVPN, which their client is working very well atleast on linux. They have 100$ for 3 years plan atm. Its way better to use vpn coz they replenish the ips when they got blocked. If you buy vps u will get blocked eventually and would be stuck with it.

• hacktekhacktek Member
    edited April 2019

Don't. Just use a smart DNS so they're the ones playing cat and mouse, not you.

I used to do this and eventually gave up as well. Performance is much better when you watch your in region stuff and you don't have to be paying external services for content you won't consume.

Thanked by 2Ympker sgheghele
  • @FootKaput said:

Netflix only checks your IP address to see if it is coming from a datacentre and not from an ISP.if you use a residential VPN, there’s no way Netflix is going to deny you access.

• @epicnessh said:

@FootKaput said:

Netflix only checks your IP address to see if it is coming from a datacentre and not from an ISP.if you use a residential VPN, there’s no way Netflix is going to deny you access.

WOW! There is a VPN just for Netflix, branded specifically for Netflix. Someone saw a need, and created the product especially designed and targeted to cover that specific need. I like to see businesses appear like this.

• @epicnessh said:

@FootKaput said:

Neat service!

Do you provide dedicated lines as well? So speed is not as slow as it is (us2 has been fairly slow from my tests) but still can run on residential? Obviously that will have a different price point, but still..

And how much for 5 simultaneous connections?

Thanks!

• @t0ny0 said:

@epicnessh said:

@FootKaput said:

Neat service!

Do you provide dedicated lines as well? So speed is not as slow as it is (us2 has been fairly slow from my tests) but still can run on residential? Obviously that will have a different price point, but still..

Thanks!

hi, we will add more us server soon, so you can choose other nodes will have fast speed. other needs you can shoot me support email !

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @epicnessh said:

@t0ny0 said:

@epicnessh said:

@FootKaput said:

Neat service!

Thanks!

hi, we will add more us server soon, so you can choose other nodes will have fast speed. other needs you can shoot me support email !

Are these legit residential line or were you somehow able to cram a residential IP in a datacenter?

• AIOAIO Member

Has anyone tried out NetflixVPN yet and has anything to say about it?

Thanked by 1imok
  • hjlowhjlow Member

cant someone in usa/Canada just make you an account on their home box and charge a reasonable fee?

• hjlow said: home box

Home internet in the US tends to have crappy upload speed. Also the last thing I'd want is to let someone seed torrents from it.

• AIOAIO Member

@willie said:

hjlow said: home box

Home internet in the US tends to have crappy upload speed. Also the last thing I'd want is to let someone seed torrents from it.

Actually, symmetrical internet speeds are starting to become a thing again, in many US and Canadian cities. I'm aware of at least 4 fibre providers in NA that offer this arrangement.

• I wonder how long a vpn host with a name like netflixvpn can keep its addresses unblocked.

• Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc.

• DataWagonKamilDataWagonKamil Member, Host Rep

@AIO said:

@willie said:

hjlow said: home box

Actually, symmetrical internet speeds are starting to become a thing again, in many US and Canadian cities. I'm aware of at least 4 fibre providers in NA that offer this arrangement.

Agreed. Here at home I have a Verizon FiOS (fibre) triple-play for around $110 a month after taxes that includes 940/880 Mbps internet access and premium cable TV channels. 5 years ago, this would have been a pipe dream here.

Thanked by 1AIO
  • That's almost a data center at home. I could get rid of all my servers with connectivity like that. I have about 6 megabits down, 1 megabit up.

Thanked by 2sanvit poisson
  • @willie said:
    That's almost a data center at home. I could get rid of all my servers with connectivity like that. I have about 6 megabits down, 1 megabit up.

Where are you living? Usually the minimum contract speed is 100mbit up/down with most ISPs at around $20, and some cable providers do 40mbit at $3 here (South Korea).

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2019

Western USA. The main cable provider here is Comcast which (depending on where you are) has around 100mbps down and 8mbps up, but I'm on ADSL which is a lot slower. I don't mind that much since I really don't want servers at home (they are noisy and take too much space). But it would be nice to have that much bandwidth.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • AIOAIO Member

@sanvit said:

@willie said:
    That's almost a data center at home. I could get rid of all my servers with connectivity like that. I have about 6 megabits down, 1 megabit up.

Where are you living? Usually the minimum contract speed is 100mbit up/down with most ISPs at around $20, and some cable providers do 40mbit at $3 here (South Korea).

International internet transit is very bad in SK last I Checked. Great peering within the country, but connecting to Europe is a different story.