Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH] New dedicated server range Advance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH] New dedicated server range Advance

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
edited April 2019 in Offers

Hello guys,

We launched last week a whole new dedicated server range on OVH, called "Advance".

This range is designed for companies seeking to invest in versatile/polyvalent dedicated servers that are tailored to their business needs.

The main use-cases are :

• Web hosting
  • Virtualisation
  • Business applications (CMS, BDD..)

More informations: https://www.ovh.com/world/dedicated-servers/advance/

For those you are used to our servers ranges, it replaces Hosting & Enterprise ranges.

Available all Datacenters except Asia.

Prices starts at 79,99$ /month

Advance-1
Processor: Intel Xeon-D 2123IT - 4 c / 8 t - 2.2 GHz / 3 GHz
Memory: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2400MHz
Disk: 2x 500GB NVMe OR 2x4 TB SATA included (more options available)
Bandwidth: 500 Mbps
Price: 79.9$/month

Others servers are over LET limit.

Please don't hesitate to make feedbacks about this range and theses servers, it's always useful for us !

Have a good day

Thanked by 1Wolf

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

How about making a coupon code that brings down Advance-2 to $84? :wink:

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:
    How about making a coupon code that brings down Advance-2 to $84? :wink:

We just launched it, can't brings it down to 84$ :neutral:

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Not really competitive compared to Hetzner..
    Only advantage would be the DDoS protection.

At some point OVH is still great. People really need to appreciate the cheap prices of Kimsufi and SoYouStart, they are one of the earliest to offer cheap Atom dedis.

Not to mention no one else dare to offer IPs at a one time fee (That's also what makes lots of OVH reseller profitable)

Please, don't shit on OVH thread again, at least don't mention another provider's name.

• @FAT32 said:
    Please, don't shit on OVH thread again, at least don't mention another provider's name.

Hmm... I'm just confused as to why the moderators consistently let them skate around the rules while other people always get punished. I have services with OVH and I love OVH but that's not fair at all. I've seen people be a few cents over the limit due to exchange fluctuations and had their posts removed.

Advance-2
    Processor: Intel Xeon-E 2136 - 6 c / 12 t - 3.3 GHz / 4.5 GHz
    Memory: 32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
    Disk: 2x 500GB NVMe OR 2x4 TB SATA included (more options available)
    Bandwidth: 500 Mbps
    Price: 85.99$/month

(I know Advance-2 is slighty over 84$ limit rules, I will remove it if necessary)

It shouldn't be a case of "I'll remove if you guys want me too..." you've had lots of warnings and been spoken to by a ton of mods (from what I've seen of thread history and said by moderators) and it's honestly kind of disrespectful at this point to everyone else.

Thanked by 1MasonR

@IThinkUFailed said:
    Hmm... I'm just confused as to why the moderators consistently let them skate around the rules while other people always get punished. I have services with OVH and I love OVH but that's not fair at all. I've seen people be a few cents over the limit due to exchange fluctuations and had their posts removed.

Hi, I understand what you mean and I didn't say that I allow him to post deals above $84, I asked him nicely if he can push it down to $84 but he refuses.

If that's the case I have to ask @ninzo59 on removing the dedicated server that is higher than $84. Perhaps that's how other mods did it, but at least for me I will give some time for explanation.

Thanked by 2MasonR dahartigan
    edited April 2019

@FAT32 said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Hi, I understand what you mean and I didn't say that I allow him to post deals above $84, I asked him nicely if he can push it down to $84 but he refuses.

If that's the case I have to ask @ninzo59 on removing the dedicated server that is higher than $84. Perhaps that's how other mods did it, but at least for me I will give some time for explanation.

Removed.

To be honest, I've hesitated to push Advance-2 because of the rule, but in my opinion the Advance-2 is a better deal than Advance-1 (because of CPU) for "only" 6$ extra cost.

• @FAT32 said:

It shouldn't matter what the case is. It's above the rules and should be removed. They've even said they know it's breaking the rules.

@ninzo59 said:

@FAT32 said:

Removed.

To be honest, I've hesitated to push Advance-2 because of the rule, but in my opinion the Advance-2 is a better deal than Advance-1 (because of CPU) for "only" 6$ extra cost.

Plenty of providers here have machines that are awesome value that are just a couple bucks above the limit and have to refrain from posting it... why should you be any different...?

Thanked by 1FAT32

@IThinkUFailed said:
    It shouldn't matter what the case is. It's above the rules and should be removed. They've even said they know it's breaking the rules.

Fair enough, I have to say that this is the last warning, please adhere to the rules next time.

edited April 2019

@FAT32 said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Fair enough, I have to say that this is the last warning, please adhere to the rules next time.

Will do. If I put a mention (I can remove it if necessary) that was a way to know if a price slightly above the rule is completely forgotten, I can't know all the thread's history of LET. It was a way to communicate with moderator & to learn ;)

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2019

When will the Rise server line be launched? When exactly is the date?

offtop:
    olesovhcom when he left for the USA, his influence on IE sites is felt. For example, you added 3d secure on an IE branch. This was only in the US branch. Even the order form is now identical in design as in OVH US:

https://us.ovhcloud.com/order/dedicated/#/dedicated/configure?product=~(dc~(hil~1)~planCode~'INF1.D1)
    https://www.ovh.ie/order/dedicated/#/dedicated/configure?product=~(dc~(lon~1)~planCode~'1909eg01)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I do not get the OVH bashing, bloody Hetzner fanboys.
    Hetzner is not a solution to everything, would be to easy.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

OVH has a horrible network setup, bugged interface, non-existing support etc.

Thanked by 2Xei dedimark
  • I've always been happy with OVH - including SYS and Kimsufi. Their prices are very competitive and their network has always been super stable. I've always found support good too. When Kimsufi sale is on next I will be buying another server (assuming it is i5 with regular HDD(s).

Thanked by 2HostDoc sgheghele

@Vova1234 said:
    When will the Rise server line be launched? When exactly is the date?

offtop:
    olesovhcom when he left for the USA, his influence on IE sites is felt. For example, you added 3d secure on an IE branch. This was only in the US branch. Even the order form is now identical in design as in OVH US:

https://us.ovhcloud.com/order/dedicated/#/dedicated/configure?product=~(dc~(hil~1)~planCode~'INF1.D1)
    https://www.ovh.ie/order/dedicated/#/dedicated/configure?product=~(dc~(lon~1)~planCode~'1909eg01)

Can't give you a specific launch time date, but it will come soon enough. Rise is our next step :).

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • I'm very happy with OVH.

• @Neoon said:
    I do not get the OVH bashing, bloody Hetzner fanboys.
    Hetzner is not a solution to everything, would be to easy.

Hetzner!

I actually only enjoy the shitposting at this point and currently have 1 OVH and 2 SYS servers and zero Hetzner servers. Am very happy with all of them and used to be very happy with a Kimsufi KS-9, which I would have kept using if it provided more than one IP.

Thanked by 1eol
  • I say: the more, the merrier.

• qweeqwee Member

for ovh vps it is unlimited bandwidth ?

• eoleol Member

@v3ng said:
    Not really competitive compared to Hetzner..
    Only advantage would be the DDoS protection.

Hetzner also has DDoS protection...

• Lol I wanted to buy a SP32 this week to :(

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I wish they kept the sp-32 I think I was lucky to get one of the last ones.

I must be honest OVH has been good so far in the UK.

I’d love to see a bit of money put into support, or possibility to get ad-hoc help when required for a fee. Like drive replacement / re syncing easy etc...

• These new servers only have 500Mbit?

• Poor APAC :(

• Anything in APAC upcoming? For your customers in APAC this sucks!

• GravelyGravely Member
    edited April 2019

@darvil said:
    Anything in APAC upcoming? For your customers in APAC this sucks!

I've ended up just sticking with Local companies. The majority of the time OVH put APAC at the bottom of the basket which does suck. @OVH_APAC

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Gravely said:

@darvil said:

I've ended up just sticking with Local companies. The majority of the time OVH put APAC at the bottom of the basket which does suck. @OVH_APAC

What companies can compete with OVH prices in APAC? I've really not seen any that have 32GB+ RAM systems or DDoS protection.

• @MikeA said:

@Gravely said:

@darvil said:

What companies can compete with OVH prices in APAC? I've really not seen any that have 32GB+ RAM systems or DDoS protection.

Been using these guys on and off -> http://intergrid.com.au - Not as strong DDoS protection but not bad for a local company

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • sunnygsunnyg Member
    edited April 2019

Well its kind of shitty talking about other hosts in a thread opened by an OVH rep, but I can't blame anyone for doing it either because besides the new CPUs, the new offers look like a step backwards from the previous ones, unless I'm missing something?

• Hi, When is possible some flash on SYS E3-SSD-1-32 Canada? Thanks