Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Root-Server 2000 Flash Sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Root-Server 2000 Flash Sale

Free for 3 months then 12.99. 6 month billing with 12 month contract.
Only SSD can't find SAS, so 60GB but 4 dedicated cores and 16GB RAM.
https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2347

Comments

• zhssozhsso Member

Intel® Xeon® Gold 6140
    16 GB DDR4 RAM (ECC)
    4 dedizierte Kerne
    60 GB SSD (RAID10)
    Snapshots (Copy-On-Write)
    Remote-Konsole, DDoS-Schutz
    99,9% Mindestverfügbarkeit uvm

Contract period: 12 month(s)
    Billing period: 6 month(s)
    After the first 3 free month(s) only 12.99€ / month

more details in:
    https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/vserver/root-server-2000-ssd-g8-blitzverkauf/
    https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2347

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited April 2019

Thread merged, you guys are quick and almost posted at the same time.

EDIT: Can confirm both are posted at same time

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2019

3 months of "free" cpu mining, sadly crypto currency is fucked these days.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Neoon said:

and forbidden by their tos. also you won't get out of the contract just after the 3 free month.

@Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

and forbidden by their tos. also you won't get out of the contract just after the 3 free month.

Well, these cores are dedicated, you could even compile stuff.
    There is no difference in-between, also yes the contract is 6 months, still 3 "free" months of "mining".

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2019

Falzo said: and forbidden by their tos.

This is scam, why would they care if your "Kerne" are "dedizierte"? This proves they are not.

• AmitzAmitz Member

they forgot the

in the description. Happens to the best of us.

Thanked by 1eol
  • HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:

Falzo said: and forbidden by their tos.

This is scam, why would they care if your "Kerne" are "dedizierte"? This proves they are not.

Even with dedicated cores, there are certain resources that need to be shared, such as the CPU cache.

Especially each provider can decide for himself what he allows and what he dosn't allow, which has nothing to do with fraud.

• Their cores are really dedicated. I used to use for days my cpu cores almost at 100% for transcoding video and did not have a single issue or complain from them.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • That website reminds me of 2008 and templatemonster

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited April 2019

@jvnadr said:
    Their cores are really dedicated. I used to use for days my cpu cores almost at 100% for transcoding video and did not have a single issue or complain from them.

I think it's more likely threads rather than cores but yes. usually their systems are balanced enough that you won't see a difference. most people probably don't really need or use much of their "dedicated" whatsoever.

@Neoon said:

@Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

There is no difference in-between, also yes the contract is 6 months, still 3 "free" months of "mining".

only "free" if you have a good use for the other 3 9 paid month then, no?

for compiling vs mining the difference is, that they explicitly forbid the latter in their tos, regardless of cpu usage at all.
    true, you might go ahead and risk it - let's see how long it takes to the first complaints about being bootet by netcup after a week and have a collection agency send after to collect the money for the 3 9 months that are not free...

• Falzo said: money for the 3 months that are not free

Remember the contract is for 12 months (3 months free, so you pay for 9 months) but the billing cycle is once every 6 months.

So I think you pay upfront for the 1st 6 months (3 months amount) and then you'll get another invoice for the next 6 months (fully 6 months amount).

Irrespective you will have to pay for a total of 9 months to fulfill your obligations to Netcup per the contract.

Thanked by 2Falzo beagle
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@nullnothere said:

Falzo said: money for the 3 months that are not free

Remember the contract is for 12 months (3 months free, so you pay for 9 months) but the billing cycle is once every 6 months.

So I think you pay upfront for the 1st 6 months (3 months amount) and then you'll get another invoice for the next 6 months (fully 6 months amount).

Irrespective you will have to pay for a total of 9 months to fulfill your obligations to Netcup per the contract.

very true. I didn't look at it again, so just thought @Neoon had properly looked at it. going to correct my post then...

Thanked by 1nullnothere

Oh, well, my bad then.
    Its 12 months, instead of just 6 months billing period.

Thats like getting married, better not.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Falzo said: I think it's more likely threads rather than cores but yes. usually their systems are balanced enough that you won't see a difference. most people probably don't really need or use much of their "dedicated" whatsoever.

Yes, it's threads (I asked them in the past), not whole core. But again, dedicated threads, much better than "vcores" that you don't really know what exactly do you get...

Neoon said: Thats like getting married, better not.

If you get married, 6 months vs 12 months is nothing, believe me :)

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited April 2019

@LeonDynamic said:
    Free for 3 months then 12.99. 6 month billing with 12 month contract.
    Only SSD can't find SAS, so 60GB but 4 dedicated cores and 16GB RAM.
    https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2347

The New Year's special was the same in specs but with the possibility of 480 GB SAS. In my view, it was also better in price (10,99€/m, contract for 1 month):

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2330

Thanked by 1LeonDynamic
  • @angstrom said:
    The New Year's special was the same in specs but with the possibility of 480 GB SAS. In my view, it was also better in price (10,99€/m, contract for 1 month):

That was better. Maybe they will bring something else out in a few weeks as they've been quiet since the New Year.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@LeonDynamic said:

@angstrom said:

That was better. Maybe they will bring something else out in a few weeks as they've been quiet since the New Year.

Yeah, I imagine that there will be a couple of nice Easter specials.

• This comes to 9.75€/m spread over 12 months, pretty good, an attractive alternative to a small dedi for a long term service. As a project-oriented VM, unless you really need the dedicated cores, the product is comparable to brand H's 16gb instance which is 16€/m but has 160gb of ssd space and is hourly billed.

Is supplemental disk space available?

• eoleol Member

@Amitz said:

they forgot the

in the description. Happens to the best of us.

Also, you need "2" of them.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Absolutely! The illustrated posting above should be read with an evil voice just like:
    Anführungszeichen! They forgot the ANFÜHRUNGSZEICHEN! :smile:

Thanked by 1eol
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2019

@Neoon said:

@Falzo said:

@Neoon said:

I once mined crypto on my cpu back in 2015. Monero (original) was the coin name. I had it on for a while, but my CPU had no cooler and was running at a constant max temp. A week later or so it just broke down :(. Luckely, a couple of years later, my 0.27USD coin went up to 300USD so I guess my dead CPU did a good job anyways :D

as long as you have good cooling the CPU will be fine I think, but I believe it does wear out faster than normal.

@HostUp said: I once mined crypto on my cpu back in 2015.

You mined crypto on your netcup Root-Server cpu back in 2015? (You're aware that this thread is about an offer from netcup, right?)

• Netcup will refresh their website at Q2 2019. Also they will refresh their Root Server Line with new features, and with a totally new products. As i saw they will rethink their all products with another prices to provide more quality . Or something similar.

• Hope they rethink the billing as well. Just saying.