Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make own template Windows Server 2012 R2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to make own template Windows Server 2012 R2

todontodon Member
edited March 2019 in Help

Hello

I recently rented a VPS in OVH, and I need to install windows server 2012 R2.

I have the option to install by the panel, however they charge $ 20/m for the license.

As I know, I can install by rescue mode(Ubuntu) using any windows template.

I researched and all the related posts/links are offline, I discovered that there is a way to create your own template, someone who can help me please?

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@todon said:
    Hello

I recently rented a VPS in OVH, and I need to install windows server 2012 R2, I researched and all the related posts are offline, I discovered that there is a way to create your own template, someone who can help me please?

That's better, sorry for being a bit rude at first. I will provide you a link that will guide you on how to create one yourself.

https://www.vultr.com/docs/windows-custom-iso-with-virtio-drivers

• eoleol Member
    edited March 2019

@todon said:
    Hello

I recently rented a VPS in OVH, and I need to install windows server 2012 R2, I researched and all the related posts are offline, I discovered that there is a way to create your own template, someone who can help me please?

Unfortunately I can't help you installing a trojan.

EDIT2:
    Fxed typ.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • Thread cleaned, please keep in mind that OP was told to make a new thread. He then did so. Please don't insult him needlessly

• @todon said:
    Hello

Have a look here or here.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@teamacc Member, Moderator

phew... return to normal service again....

Thanked by 1t0m
  • todontodon Member

Anybody could help me to install windows ?

It's the first time that I'm using Linux, it's a bit hard to me :neutral:

• RoboMWMRoboMWM Member
    edited March 2019

Not sure for OVH VPS. I did create my own template for SYS and installed successfully.

I followed this, but used my own VM (Hyper-V in my case) instead of Proxmox which he uses. https://joodle.nl/how-to-create-your-own-windows-template-for-kimsufi/

Basically, install server in VM (make partition size 16GB or so, you want to keep it small) and enable RDP (and enable port in firewall, or disable firewall altogether). I remember I installed network drivers but this may only be needed for kimsufi - not sure if their VPS's use a network driver that's not included in Windows.

After you're done, you basically zip up the entire contents of the hard drive - the tutorial shows a way to gunzip the contents inside the VM, but you can do it outside the VM if you mount the HDD image.

After that, host that file somewhere where you can download it in rescue mode. wget -O- 'https://wherever-it.is/windows.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda

You can install evaluation version, and upgrade it with a license key later (via command line)