Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

time4vps / Hostens Fraud Filtering
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

time4vps / Hostens Fraud Filtering

usr123usr123 Member
edited March 2019 in Reviews

Hostens and time4vps seem to be the same company, however their fraud filters seem to be different. I have an account and VPS with Hostens. Today I tried to sign up with time4vps and they claimed that they couldn't provide services due to fraud, yet my information should have passed if it passed the fraud filters for Hostens.

I have never done anything fraudulent with a VPS so I'm not even sure why my information failed to pass the fraud filters.

Just thought I'd mention that if you can't sign up for one service, maybe try to sign up for the other.

They also blocked my IP on time4vps, so hopefully they don't start blocking the same IP's across both services which would lock my out of my VPS.

Here's the initial message from time4vps -

"Hello,

unfortunately, but we will not be able of providing you with our services due to very high risk of fraud identified by our order check system.

Have a nice day."

When I asked for more information on the fraud filters, I wasn't provided any -

"Hello,

unfortunately, but only the risk level is provided without additional details.

Have a nice day."

https://imgur.com/NzG8NC2

https://imgur.com/1cw9dDG

Proof of a Hostens account -
https://imgur.com/XO7AdTo

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

And now you will loose your Hostens account. Maaan, you are really smart.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

He just wanted to brag. Let him be.

• No - I don't see why. Haven't done anything wrong with the Hostens account.

edited March 2019

The fraud check has little to do what you do with VPS.

It has more to do with your IP address not matching your card address and so on. Another major factor being which nation you are accessing from.

Each host can un/check various options for how strict this filter can be.

• usr123usr123 Member
    edited March 2019

I would think my IP would match my credit card. I used the same valid billing address for both services and registered for both from the same home Internet connection in the US without a VPN.

Like I wrote, there are various options to make how strict it can be. A host can reject you for simply being from India/China/Russia for an example.

It basically means Timef04vps / Hostass have different options checked.

• Have a nice day.

Have a nigh day.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Send them your ID card and problem solved.

• I did - that didn't fix anything. It even has my address as entered into their system.

• Then you are somehow on their blacklist. Move on and forget about it. Their is nothing you can do.

• what did you do to get blacklisted? jeeze

• ITLabsITLabs Member

Time-4-Goodbye

Thanked by 1SirFoxy
  • perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited June 2019

why did you put those urls in a image.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    Like I wrote, there are various options to make how strict it can be. A host can reject you for simply being from India/China/Russia for an example.

As such countries classified as high fraud countries, but customers will try using VPN and the issue hit the fan, even it’s clearly stated in t&cs not to use vpn.

Thus, the end is nigh.

• all Companys are able to provide more information about the fraud check, if they will. if any company says, there are unable, than this is a lie, they only won't provide any informations.

@Internoc24 said:
    all Companys are able to provide more information about the fraud check, if they will. if any company says, there are unable, than this is a lie, they only won't provide any informations.

It’s no lie to refuse to provide details, as such information can be used by fraudsters and they will try to use alternative details to bypass any checks!!

Thanked by 1dedipromo
  • its a lie to told that additional information a not available..the truth should be to answer that for security reasons the information can not be provided. the other point is that not all people a fraudsters and so the serious customer can not explain it, if he don't know, what's wrong and why the fraud check is not passed. (also on some countries it is illegal to refuse to provide some details by non passed checks)

Some people cannot handle truth.

LET is the proof of that. In general, people don't handle rejections too well.

Thanked by 1WebProject

deank said: LET is the proof of that. In general, people don't handle rejections too well.

totally agree on that, as we are still waiting for negative feedback from customer as he was using VPN (clearly fraudlabs pro indicated that), his email is known as its blacklisted on fraudlabs pro and fraudrecord has a couple records including well known here providers and he was still not happy that our automated system refused him at signed up process, so he don't have account with us! :smiley: