Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DACENTEC >>> Dell 2xL5420 16GB 2x2TB SATA - $35/mo - 24/7/365 On Site Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DACENTEC >>> Dell 2xL5420 16GB 2x2TB SATA - $35/mo - 24/7/365 On Site Support

dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

The Dacentec Difference

• 7 Day no questions asked money back guarantee for accounts without spam or abuse.
  • 7 Day grace period for non-payment.
  • No notification period for cancellations. Cancel anytime.
  • No bandwidth overage charges. One warning without penalty, then a choice of upgrading service or capping bandwidth.
  • No long term commitment or lock in, if your business model changes, end customer cancels or you just decide you want to do something different you can cancel all or part of your services with us.
  • Flexible billing terms, pay monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually. Select the payment date that suits you best.
  • 24 Hour setup SLA, even on the weekends, ensures you have the resources you need when you need them.
  • Dedicated VLAN, your resources aren't sitting in a 'pool' with other customers resources.
  • 24/7/365 Onsite North America Based Sales and Support Gigabit ports

Unmanaged Dell 2XL5420 16GB 2x2TB

Gigabit Port 10 TB monthly transfer. /29 IP Addresses (w/ justification) Free IP KVM loan on request NO LOCK IN - Month-to-Month Contract - Cancel anytime Hardware replacement including disk is free during the rental period. Remote Reboot Automated OS Installs Bandwidth Graph UNMANAGED>>> ORDER NOW FOR $35/MONTH

Unmanaged Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1385 8GB 2x2TB Rent Only Special (Bonus 4TB FREE) -- Limited Availability

Gigabit Port 10 TB monthly transfer. /29 IP Addresses (w/ justification) Free IP KVM loan on request NO LOCK IN - Month-to-Month Contract - Cancel anytime Hardware replacement including disk is free during the rental period. Remote Reboot Automated OS Installs Bandwidth Graph UNMANAGED.>>> ORDER NOW FOR $25/MONTH

>>>>>>VIEW OUR COMPLETE LIST OF SERVERS HERE<<<<<<

SSAE16 SOC 2 Custom Rooms, Suites, Half and Full Cabinets No long term commitments – Flexible month-to-month terms Premium Blended Bandwidth Carrier Neutral – Diverse providers Dual Utility / UPS / Generator

Test IP 199.255.156.6

Test Site http://mirror.dacentec.com

Test Files http://mirror.dacentec.com/1000MB.bin http://mirror.dacentec.com/100MB.bin http://mirror.dacentec.com/10MB.bin

Thanked by 3SashkaPro corbpie dfroe

Comments

• Error 520 Ray ID: 4bead3e6aa9d53fc • 2019-03-28 16:02:49 UTC Web server is returning an unknown error

Hostbil isn't happy.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

@Letzien said:
    Error 520 Ray ID: 4bead3e6aa9d53fc • 2019-03-28 16:02:49 UTC Web server is returning an unknown error

Hostbil isn't happy.

We had a chat... no more lunch breaks for Hostbill

Thanked by 2sin lazyt
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@dacentec said:
    We had a chat... no more lunch breaks for Hostbill

Can you shorten down your signature to 2 lines?

To other mods: This might not be the mistake of the provider, it might be caused by the change of \n to <br> few months ago.

• dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

Can you shorten down your signature to 2 lines?

To other mods: This might not be the mistake of the provider, it might be caused by the change of \n to <br> few months ago.

Absolutely.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • edited March 2019

Just wanted to chime in that I've had the Opteron 1385 special for about 9 months now and like it a lot. This year, uptimerobot.com has logged only 8 minutes of downtime on the system and I'd like to bet those were days that I physically rebooted the machine myself. Disks I received are old, yes, but still kicking. For the price, 8TB of disks for $25 is tough to beat ($3.12/TB paid monthly, even cheaper when paying yearly) .

• dacentec said: Supermicro 6-bay Opteron 1385 8GB 2x2TB Rent Only Special (Bonus 4TB FREE)

This is impressive. I didn't spot immediately that it's a 6 drive server, 2x2TB + 4x1TB. So 8TB for $25. Even Hetzner doesn't offer that (did anyone mention Hetzner?). I'm gonna resist, but wow :).

Thanked by 3SashkaPro eol corbpie
  • nice to hear any offers from @dacentec on LET

• dacentec said: Rent Only

What does it mean? Aren't all of dedi rent only?
    Could you explain?

• bulabula Member

@greattomeetyou said:

dacentec said: Rent Only

What does it mean? Aren't all of dedi rent only?
    Could you explain?

They also offer rent-to-own (RTO) servers as well.

Thanked by 1greattomeetyou
  • bamdbamd Member

.. wakes up after a long coma ... and sees Dacentec is still hustling L5420's.

To those of you that have bought there lately, how is the network and stability of the network these days.

• willie said: This is impressive. I didn't spot immediately that it's a 6 drive server, 2x2TB + 4x1TB. So 8TB for $25. Even Hetzner doesn't offer that (did anyone mention Hetzner?). I'm gonna resist, but wow :).

I have it, and it works like a charm, even though the drives are old.
    This is top:

top - 20:47:47 up 207 days,  1:58,  1 user,  load average: 2.12, 1.38, 1.68
    KiB Mem:   8240256 total,  7743480 used,   496776 free,   526388 buffers
    KiB Swap: 16777212 total,  3554572 used, 13222640 free.  5041548 cached Mem

• greattomeetyou said: What does it mean? Aren't all of dedi rent only?

Dacentec do have an option of leasing some of their servers. Than means, after a year (IIRC) the server becomes yours and you can either let it to the DC paying only for racking and bandwidth or have it to your own place paying only for the transfer.

• sinsin Member

Does Dacentec have a rescue system? It's been awhile since I used them and I can't remember...wanted to boot into rescue and try installing FreeBSD via mfsbsd.

• They provide Spider KVMs on request.

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited March 2019

Love to see you promoting here. @dacentec

Thanked by 1dedimark
  • SashkaProSashkaPro Member
    edited March 2019

Give me advice please I just can't understand.
    So, I have ServerRussia & ServerDacentec.
    If I try to upload files from ServerRussia to ServerDacentec via ftps or sftp speed avg 300-400 kilobytes/s
    But! When I run wget or lftp from ServerDacentec to ServerRussia (so like a simple downloading) I get 15-20 megabytes/s and thats quite good!
    So:
    ServerRu > ServerDacentec = slow
    ServerDacentec < ServerRu = fast

How its possible?
    What I do wrong?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@SashkaPro said:
    ServerRu > ServerDacentec = slow
    ServerDacentec < ServerRu = fast

How its possible?

Asymetric Routing.
    Uni-directional congestions somewhere.

@SashkaPro said:
    What I do wrong?

Probably not much.
    You can perform traceroutes in both directions, try to narrow down the slow link and open a ticket with your providers.

• SashkaPro said: How its possible?

ServerRu is using cheap outbound routes, likely bulk transit, which is oversold and doesn't currently have the capacity to provide high speeds. Upload bandwidth is what costs the most money. Where as the download route is probably over a better provider that can provide better throughput and usually providers do not QOS download as much as upload.

You can do as @dfroe said and traceroute and ticket, but depending, they may not be able to change it if they prefer one specific provider/route for outbound traffic which has poor throughput to the destination network.

Cheers!

@willie said:
    I'm gonna resist

Lucky you. I didn't. :)

This one will probably replace one of my Kimsufi Atoms. Although located in the US I expect hope to achieve higher throughput than KS FastEthernet from Europe. Dacentec network seems quite good based on some first tests so I'm curious to see have it will compete.

• dfroe said: Asymetric Routing

@TheLinuxBug said:

SashkaPro said: How its possible?

ServerRu is using cheap outbound routes, likely bulk transit, which is oversold and doesn't currently have the capacity to provide high speeds. Upload bandwidth is what costs the most money. Where as the download route is probably over a better provider that can provide better throughput and usually providers do not QOS download as much as upload.

You can do as @dfroe said and traceroute and ticket, but depending, they may not be able to change it if they prefer one specific provider/route for outbound traffic which has poor throughput to the destination network.

Cheers!

Eh. Solved. It was much simplier.
    Problem from my trojan. Dualbooted to Fedora and speed became normal.

Thanks. It's interesting to know that "Asymetric routing" exist.

• @dfroe said:

@willie said:
    I'm gonna resist

Lucky you. I didn't. :)

This one will probably replace one of my Kimsufi Atoms. Although located in the US I expect hope to achieve higher throughput than KS FastEthernet from Europe. Dacentec network seems quite good based on some first tests so I'm curious to see have it will compete.

I thought of replacing my KS Atom but luckily I threw my card away several days back when PHP-Friends came up with a 10GB RAM server offer. It is too dangerous to have plastic within reach when surfing LET.

Thanked by 1sanvit

@poisson said:
    I thought of replacing my KS Atom but luckily I threw my card away several days back when PHP-Friends came up with a 10GB RAM server offer. It is too dangerous to have plastic within reach when surfing LET.

Until you decided to link your card to your Paypal account...

Thanked by 3poisson dfroe sanvit

@poisson said:
    [...] but luckily I threw my card away several days back [...]. It is too dangerous to have plastic within reach when surfing LET.

I hoped it was that easy. Nowadays you only have to click PayPal and press three keystrokes: Ctrl + Alt + A (KeePass AutoType). So if you really want to surf safely on LET, make sure to use random passwords you don't know for your PayPal accounts and close your KeePass before visiting LET. :smiley:

Thanked by 2FAT32 poisson
  • @FAT32 said:
    Until you decided to link your card to your Paypal account...

I changed my PayPal password to a randomly generated 32-character gibberish and refused to write it down. This way, I have time to stop myself because I have to reset my password.

Thanked by 3eol dfroe Letzien
  • eoleol Member
    edited March 2019

Brilliant.

EDIT2:
    Simple yet elegant.

Thanked by 1FAT32
    edited March 2019

@poisson said:
    I changed my PayPal password to a randomly generated 32-character gibberish and refused to write it down. This way, I have time to stop myself because I have to reset my password.

That's one way to stop your spending habit but if I did that I will probably reset the password anyway lol

• We need a sticky on ways to stop yourself from impulsively ordering servers.

• @FAT32 said:
    That's one way to stop your spending habit but if I did that I will probably reset the password anyway lol

Another way is to get a wife (if you don't have one) and send the monthly credit card statements to her.

Thanked by 1FAT32

@poisson said:
    We need a sticky on ways to stop yourself from impulsively ordering servers.

That would be suicidal as this forum is about promoting Low End deals, imagine Amazon or Ebay posted ways to stop impulsiveness will just drive their sales down.

Thanked by 2eol poisson
  • Ok, I take that suggestion back. After all, I rather idle servers than LV bags.

Thanked by 2FAT32 eol