Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheapest i7 dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheapest i7 dedicated server

I'm looking for the cheapest dedicated with an Intel i7, the following models would be perfect:

i7 6700 (k)
i7 7700 (k)
i7 8700 (k)
i9 9900 (k)

Looking for something like 25-35$ would be awesome, not sure if it's possible at this price point, but maybe someone is more informed than me.

Thanks.

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited March 2019

No, that wouldn't happen especially for the newer generation of i7. You need to raise the budget to 2x.

• @FAT32 said:
    No, that wouldn't happen especially for the newer generation of i7. You need to raise the budget to 2x.

2x it's exaggerated, hetzner have the i7 6700 for 35€.. I don't think my request is impossible as you say.

• Hetzner, one of the cheapest dedi providers that exist, have it at 35 EURO, and you want it for $25.

MOON ON A STICK.

Thanked by 2graphic vimalware
  • I can go up to 35€, just want to explore different options, maybe with different cpu's

@TerensM said:
    I don't think my request is impossible as you say.

I almost forgot this forum is LET, people go so low that they think the providers should earn nothing. Do you think that the electricity and bandwidth are free? Maybe if you buy 30 of those someone can make you a deal at $35 with a 3 months upfront but still it is quite unlikely.

Then good luck on finding it. Be sure to inform us if you find one too. Hope it doesn't come with just low RAM or HDD. Even with Hetzner you still have to pay for the setup fee which will average out if you use it for a short term.

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @FAT32 said:

@TerensM said:

I almost forgot this forum is LET, people go so low that they think the providers should earn nothing. Do you think that the electricity and bandwidth are free? Maybe if you buy 30 of those someone can make you a deal at $35 with a 3 months upfront but still it is quite unlikely.

Then good luck on finding it. Be sure to inform us if you find one too. Hope it doesn't come with just low RAM or HDD. Even with Hetzner you still have to pay for the setup fee which will average out if you use it for a short term.

The point is that I don't even need the RAM or the HDD, 4GB ram and 120GB ssd is more than enought

@TerensM said:
    The point is that I don't even need the RAM or the HDD, 4GB ram and 120GB ssd is more than enought

Ah I see, perhaps someone would be able to provide that, how about the bandwidth requirements? Out of curiosity what are you planning to run on that server?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hetzner, besides v6 is COSTLY.

• @FAT32 said:

@TerensM said:

Ah I see, perhaps someone would be able to provide that, how about the bandwidth requirements? Out of curiosity what are you planning to run on that server?

At least 10TB bandwidth, need to run a reverse proxy.

• LetzienLetzien Member
    edited March 2019

@TerensM said:

@FAT32 said:

@TerensM said:

Then you can probably live on a Core2Quad, too. They come around once or twice a week for $15/mo on an unlimited 100MBit port. https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/out-of-stock/?id=251

At least 10TB bandwidth, need to run a reverse proxy.

Core2Duo is 4/250, $10/mo. https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/out-of-stock/?id=250

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited March 2019

I thought CPU shoemining was dead.

Unless you find some crazy special on holidays or flash sale, at regular prices SoYouStart or Hetzner will be the cheapest.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You might find one. Just wait for BF. Few more months away only.

• A 2.3Ghz cpu is fine.
    What insane PPS are you reverse proxying?

• @vimalware said:
    A 2.3Ghz cpu is fine.
    What insane PPS are you reverse proxying?

Sometimes, 500-600k

• You need one server or several?

@TerensM said:
    I'm looking for the cheapest dedicated with an Intel i7, the following models would be perfect:

i7 6700 (k)
    i7 7700 (k)
    i7 8700 (k)
    i9 9900 (k)

Looking for something like 25-35$ would be awesome, not sure if it's possible at this price point, but maybe someone is more informed than me.

Thanks.

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

We have i7's in stock. Unfortunately only 3770's, but unless you're proxying half the internet, you should be good. :)

They come with 8GB of RAM, 500GB HDD and 50TB @ 1Gbps (29 EUR): Order here

Thanked by 1vimalware