Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited bandwidth host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited bandwidth host?

toryokitoryoki Member
edited March 2019 in Help

Can you help me find a VPS that allows truly unlimited bandwidth? I plan to do a lot of uploading and downloading. I can be flexible with the amount of space I have, because when I do the maths it doesnt matter that much. The main variable here is unlimited bandwidth over a long duration, most of it will be P2P software & torrent connections.

I looked around and I only found "chmuranet", their cheapest solution being around 25/month. I thought I could ask here since you guys might have wanted this same spec before, thanks!

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

Do you need lowendlawyer to deal with DMCA?

• Buyvm

Thanked by 2Francisco toryoki
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Think logically for a sec.

Do you really think you can pull of "unlimited" bandwidth at 25/mo?

If you think so, go ahead. You will be in for some pain.

• @Chuck said:
    Do you need lowendlawyer to deal with DMCA?

I dont have plans to share copyrighted media, but even if I have to, I dont think it changes anything about my question :smile:

@deank said:
    Think logically for a sec.

Do you really think you can pull of "unlimited" bandwidth at 25/mo?

If you think so, go ahead. You will be in for some pain.

Honestly I can guess how hard it is, thats why I thought about asking here since this is more of a niche requirement. I don't want to be a shill but the provider I mentioned seems to be running their operations for quite a while now, so I just thought there might be others.

• toryokitoryoki Member
    edited March 2019

@cybertech said:
    Buyvm

Thanks for the recommendation! I looked around their tos and website and the prices are what you would expect from a box of those specs. But the thing is I also know a few other hosts with "unmetered" bandwidth. In my case I might raise some alarms with their service because I plan to download/upload a LOT. If I had to think of a rough estimate right now it would be around 2 to 5 TB monthly for the first few 6 months, that will only go higher as time goes. As I mentioned most of that traffic would be p2p connections so you already have an idea of what kind of bandwidth that requires.

• Didn't anyone mention hetzner yet?

• eoleol Member

I can offer you unlimited unlimited.
    For only $ unlimited/mo.
    Limited offer.
    COUPONCODE: HETZNER.

• 2 to 5 TB isn't that much. You should provide your requirements if you want any real offers/help tho.

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • @hellfire1980 said:
    Didn't anyone mention hetzner yet?

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

This is actually really cool :) For their cloud solutions they offer 20 TB accounting only for upload. And in case I go over it it's 1€ per TB. I really like the fact that they give exact numbers so I know exactly what to expect. Thanks!

Thanked by 3eol Chuck Hetzner_OL
  • your definition of a LOT is strange, i would agree if it would be per day, but 2-5 TB are nothing and every host can deliver that.
    BTW this is what a lot for a 1gig port looks like

• @AC_Fan said:
    2 to 5 TB isn't that much. You should provide your requirements if you want any real offers/help tho.

I know it was just a rough estimate for the first few months, I plan to run my server for quite a while and genuinely will have to deal with more load and more data as time goes. So I'd rather have a solution for unlimited traffic rather than worry about changing boxes later on.

• Unlimited/Unmetered is usually based on portspeed, not usage.

<5TB is possible on many hosts, even <30TB can be arranged with most by discussion.

toryoki said: I'd rather have a solution for unlimited traffic rather than worry about changing boxes later on.

Makes sense, but true unmetered/unlimited is over $25/m unless heavily oversold.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

We offer unlimited 100Mbps port with our virtual servers ( and limited with 1Gbps ).
    https://www.bacloud.com/en/linux-vps-hosting

• @toryoki said:

@hellfire1980 said:
    Didn't anyone mention hetzner yet?

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Traffic/en

This is actually really cool :) For their cloud solutions they offer 20 TB accounting only for upload. And in case I go over it it's 1€ per TB. I really like the fact that they give exact numbers so I know exactly what to expect. Thanks!

Let me know when you got ur seedbox up still after 6mths

I'll yump over to them

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

toryoki said: Thanks for the recommendation! I looked around their tos and website and the prices are what you would expect from a box of those specs. But the thing is I also know a few other hosts with "unmetered" bandwidth. In my case I might raise some alarms with their service because I plan to download/upload a LOT. If I had to think of a rough estimate right now it would be around 2 to 5 TB monthly for the first few 6 months, that will only go higher as time goes. As I mentioned most of that traffic would be p2p connections so you already have an idea of what kind of bandwidth that requires.

Yeah that's fine, even on smaller plans.

Francisco

• hkmixhkmix Member

Yes, but i think you need to do more research on this.

I'm using around 10$ for my VPS and hitting around 50TB per month.

http://dedpic.com/image/v7Wjm

• @hkmix said:
    Yes, but i think you need to do more research on this.

I'm using around 10$ for my VPS and hitting around 50TB per month.

http://dedpic.com/image/v7Wjm

Just curious, which provider?

• eKoeKo Member

@user54321 said:
    your definition of a LOT is strange, i would agree if it would be per day, but 2-5 TB are nothing and every host can deliver that.

Hi, im genuinely curious what app or service uses 1gbit full duplex all the time?

cheers.

• @eKo that is the graph of one of my Tor nodes at hetzner.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2019

@user54321 said:
    your definition of a LOT is strange, i would agree if it would be per day, but 2-5 TB are nothing and every host can deliver that.

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install vnstat vnstati -y

$ vnstat

rx      /      tx      /     total    /   estimated
     enp4s0:
           Mar '19      6.14 MiB  /     522 KiB  /    6.65 MiB  /       0 KiB
             today      6.14 MiB  /     522 KiB  /    6.65 MiB  /      --    

wlp3s0: Not enough data available yet.
    $ 

$ vnstati -vs -i enp4s0 -o ~/vnstat.png

vnstat is such niceness...
    A traffic usage program which doesn't bother you with questions.
    You just install it and it works.

Long time ago, i only had problems when trying to upgrade a router from 32 to 64 bit and move a 32bit vnstat database to a 64bit vnstat which wasn't working...
    Anyhow, great software, for simple deployments.
    Way simpler than SNMP backend + whatever trainwreck as a frontend.
    It is very nice when something is like a box thingie and you plug it in and it works as intended, without questioning your existence.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

every plan on our website is unlimited traffic on 100mbps port
    check for SSD plans if you dont care about storage it start from 7$
    https://servarica.com/ssd-offers/
    or our storage plans which start for 7$ for 500GB (LET offer) or 10$ for 2TB storage
    https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?gid=43

use promo code winter2019OFF to get 50% recurring discount on any offer

• eKoeKo Member

@user54321 said:
    @eKo that is the graph of one of my Tor nodes at hetzner.

Great, thanks for the info!