Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any review or info on vserver.site?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any review or info on vserver.site?

I've stumbled upon some vserver.site VPS offers at the serverhunter.com. Some of them are on LET range.

German website and germany location give some confidence but I couldn't find any reviews about them.

Any info?

Thanked by 1Falzo

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

interesting find, thanks. seem to be fairly new to the market though...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • They are actually in LET. @vserversite

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

.site TLD = avoid. Too new to be trusted, and too dumb to get onto the "new TLD" hype.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:
    .site TLD = avoid. Too new to be trusted, and too dumb to get onto the "new TLD" hype.

Why do you think a new TLD is wrong or "dumb"? I see they work exactly the same as other TLDs. Did you have some bad experience with them?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2019

Often, new TLD's sell for cheap, which makes a lot of people buy it, abuse and then you get the consequences.

Some do sell for regular or decent price yes.

edit:

Do you even bloody scroll? Look at the footer, 10 "neutral" reviews.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2019

Fastmako said: Why do you think a new TLD is wrong or "dumb"? I see they work exactly the same as other TLDs.

And plastic watch for $3 from China also show time just like Rolex.

It's about brand image and reputation. Getting any of the silly new ones only shows you are clueless in branding. Next you'll go and run a provider on .tk, because it "works exactly the same as other TLDs".

Thanked by 1t0m
  • @rm_ said:

You overpaid. It can be less than one dollar shipped free from china. I know because I bought one a few years ago.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@needavps said:

@rm_ said:

You overpaid. It can be less than one dollar shipped free from china. I know because I bought one a few years ago.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • @Neoon said:

@needavps said:

@rm_ said:

... well the jokes on you because it still works!

• yektayekta Member

I bought from Virtono this time.

Btw, if you try to set up a openvpn server in a ovz or lxc vps and it fails; first change
    [Service]
    LimitNPROC=10

line in /lib/systemd/system/[email protected] by commenting out or changing the number to infinity

This may save you some wasted hours :)

@rm_
    I was planning to enter the business with the name webhost.feedback :)

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@rm_
    I was planning to enter the business with the name webhost.feedback :)

Or use webhost.site for hosting, and webhost.feedback for feedbacks and tickets.

• If this is any indication, vserver.site did not load the entirety of yesterday, they seem to be online again now.

Yeah, don't.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited March 2019

to be fair it seems like vserver.site is around since at least Sep '17 regarding to its FB presence. the imprint suggests that it is yet another small business run by a single person and probably grew out of some sort of gameserver and electronic playground.

not saying that this is a bad thing - I'd say a lot of providers and related freelancers started that way. so give him some room to breathe and grow and prove that he's willing to do it in the long run ;-)

@vserversite if you read it, you might want to check your imprint, which shows an address that doesn't match the phone-number location wise ;-)

• LowVMLowVM Member

Give chance to small providers, Else no any small company will be alive.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited March 2019

Nah, not gonna give small providers a chance as long as they insist on saying "we" and lying about how long they've been in the biz.

Hetzner forever. Worship Katie.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • vserversitevserversite Member, Host Rep

Hi @all,

we start our project at September 2017 and actually one 3 different Location in Germany. Our english Website is in work and should be online to April 2019.

@Falzo you are right, we start the project in Osnabrück and dont move the phone number to now - i Think, that will be finished in 2 weeks.

Actually you found a few reviews here https://de.trustpilot.com/review/www.vserver.site?utm_medium=Trustbox&utm_source=MicroReviewCount

Sorry for the late respond, we dont get an email notification :-/

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I don't get any notification from LET, either. I am being bullied by LET.

• vserversitevserversite Member, Host Rep

Ah, okay.
    For an PM i get this. Sorry, we check this now more often

• @vserversite said:
    Ah, okay.
    For an PM i get this. Sorry, we check this now more often

stay in business and burn the naysayers right, @rm_

• eoleol Member

@deank said:
    I am being bullied by LET.

Don't worry.
    The end is nigh.

• bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited March 2019

@rm_ said:
    Next you'll go and run a provider on .tk, because it "works exactly the same as other TLDs".

http://www.mzunguhosting.ml works just fine for me.

Thanked by 2Skander lazyt
  • .com .net .blabla we think it does not matter. What counts is the quality of services provided by us (not by single person). This post looks like my neighbor(80 years old) looking out of the window and asking if you saw who kicked the other in the ass. Dont blame someone because of TLD. If the services offered by us are not consistent with what we will refund on the offer on the same day :)

• if .site does not respond to someone specially, we've served something else http://1.208.133.185.in-addr.arpa

• NomadNomad Member

Even with the necroing, they are solid, I can say that much.
    I've had a VPS with them since a looong while. Having a crappy tld like .site didn't affect it.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@vServer said:
    if .site does not respond to someone specially, we've served something else http://1.208.133.185.in-addr.arpa

Hnmm, a little derailing, but why does 1.208.133.185.in-addr.arpa resolves to 185.133.208.220? Shouldn't the 220 be 1?

https://bgp.he.net/dns/1.208.133.185.in-addr.arpa