Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor KVM HA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor KVM HA

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Does anyone know if there is any way to get High Availability working on a Virtualizor/KVM setup?

I've got no issues setting up a SAN for a single KVM node. And KVM is supposed to support HA. Anyone tried to get such a setup working?

Comments

• Why don't u send a ticket to its support ?

I'm planning to use this in the near future ......

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

They don't officially support this yet. Apparently they support it on Xen, but there are some bugs in it.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

Tested at Proxmox KVM and working great, Have no idea about Virtualizor

@key900 said:
    Tested at Proxmox KVM and working great, Have no idea about Virtualizor

Proxmox HA KVM using iSCSI SAN storage? Automation with WHMCS?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@randvegeta said:
    They don't officially support this yet. Apparently they support it on Xen, but there are some bugs in it.

Sounds like its production ready.

Well, Proxmox HA works, as long you get the latency between the nodes below 8ms as recommended otherwise bad things happen.

Still HA makes shit more complicated, sometimes I have a laugh when I compare a simple dedicated with one drive compared to there shitty HA cluster that takes a shit every there and then.

@Neoon said:

@randvegeta said:

Sounds like its production ready.

Well, Proxmox HA works, as long you get the latency between the nodes below 8ms as recommended otherwise bad things happen.

Still HA makes shit more complicated, sometimes I have a laugh when I compare a simple dedicated with one drive compared to there shitty HA cluster that takes a shit every there and then.

Running a Xen based HA cluster. Its very simple to setup, and performs great! My SSD storage cluster does a very respectable 500Mb/s write speed. But its not using Virtualizor and we have limited functionality with regards to automation.