Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Multiple Locations

Comments

• @kluncrit is 1 post in the past 2 years active?

• This is my token, I would like to use for testing my control panel.Thanks a lot!
    Token :
    3081da53c449fc85ff229b276d0b85ebc26e9de9

• hjlowhjlow Member

this is the best thread ever

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited July 2019

@hjlow said:
    this is the best thread ever

You must be new to LET, welcome.
    By far, this is one of the less best thread's.

@linuxglobe said:
    This is my token, I would like to use for testing my control panel.Thanks a lot!
    Token :
    3081da53c449fc85ff229b276d0b85ebc26e9de9

Please read the Requirements.

Shout out to @terrahost for the memory upgrade.
    This will open some slots on the Norway node.
    Thank you.

Thanked by 1terrahost

Regarding LT, since it has a long path of issues and they won't get fixed any time soon, I came to a point where I discontinue this location.

The most recent issue, is related to "broken" memory, which leads to services crashing on the node, the issue on that is, so far we had 1 of 2 dimm's replaced but they refused to replace all of it due to "different" results and it feels like they are not willing to really fix it.

The time and resources I and they have invested, reached a point, where I drop it.
    Additional to that, the machine looses network, for some reason, that did happen multiple times in the recent days. So far no explanation.

So, everyone on LT is invited for a migration to Norway, or a different location.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • hjlowhjlow Member

lol Neoon that was my failed attempt at irony..

• hello do you still looking for new locations?

• xmcmxmcm Member

9a5dfcb8761031b7f1839dddb694164185838459
    For software D

"Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

The Node which people where migrated to, died in the middle of the night.
    It does not look like a network issue to me, but we currently do not know.

Yes we have monitoring running but it was not forwarded to the correct person, sad times. So I did not came into affect early enough.
    Which is fixed now.

The Migrations are stopped until this is solved.
    I keep you updated.

So, turns out, it was a clean shutdown that was initiated at 01:33 CET.
    No hardware was hurt, no network cable was harmed.

Apparently a Hetzner technician, did a clean shutdown on the machine, for an unknown reason. Even Hetzner does not feel responsible for that or knows what happend.

But they have replaced the reset unit, to prevent further issues.
    Rumors say, it got self aware, who knows.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Purpose: Remote monitoring

Token: 8ce8a7208ba5f14b18e6f1d65e9b386e6df7a84c

• williewillie Member

Wow nice, there are some of these in stock which was surprising.

Token: 95084b1daab586e66420b42e4b188187fcdf347b

Purpose: want to try installing and playing with vestacp to see what these control panel thingies actually do.

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    Purpose: Remote monitoring

Token: 8ce8a7208ba5f14b18e6f1d65e9b386e6df7a84c

This offer is not directed to hosting companies.

@willie said:
    Wow nice, there are some of these in stock which was surprising.

Token: 95084b1daab586e66420b42e4b188187fcdf347b

Purpose: want to try installing and playing with vestacp to see what these control panel thingies actually do.

Deployed.

Thanked by 1willie
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

Neoon said: This offer is not directed to hosting companies.

Personal use only, completely unrelated to Ion. But I understand if thats still incompatible.

• williewillie Member

Neoon said: Deployed.

Thanks! I'm having trouble figuring out how to login to it though: dashboard says it is up and running, but the ipv6 address doesn't accept traffic and I don't see a public ipv4 address anywhere. Am I missing something?

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@willie said:

Thanks! I'm having trouble figuring out how to login to it though: dashboard says it is up and running, but the ipv6 address doesn't accept traffic and I don't see a public ipv4 address anywhere. Am I missing something?

Do you still have the URL from, your original request? It'll now contain the info you need to login.

• williewillie Member

donli said: Do you still have the URL from, your original request? It'll now contain the info you need to login.

I don't remember there being one, other than the token? I logged into nanokvm.net, selected a location, got a token, and pasted it here. I notice I don't have that screen available any more, presumably since I now have a kvm assigned to the user id. So I can't check again to see if there was something I was supposed to save. I may have done something dumb.

• Token: 42ff647cba796835f9fe6476255568d94fd8086e
    TCP Port monitoring for other VMs. With telegram alert.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Personal use only, completely unrelated to Ion. But I understand if thats still incompatible.

Just ask kindly the good folks at IonSwitch - I'm pretty sure they can arrange a tiny NAT vps for you at no cost, they are quite nice actually.

Thanked by 1t0m
  • williewillie Member

Shot2 said: Just ask kindly the good folks at IonSwitch

I think Stan wants a monitoring vps at a location where Ionswitch currently doesn't have equipment to deploy one on.

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@willie said:

Shot2 said: Just ask kindly the good folks at IonSwitch

I think Stan wants a monitoring vps at a location where Ionswitch currently doesn't have equipment to deploy one on.

I think my attempt at nonsensical humor failed.

Thanked by 1ITLabs

@IonSwitch_Stan said:

Well okay then, its deployed.

@willie said:

Canada has static v6, needs to be configured.
    The Dashboard shows you under Network what IPv6 space your VM is allocated.

v6 comes over a different interface in Debian 8 it was eth1, in Debian 9 ens19 because someone thought its good to rename everything.

Thanked by 1Shot2
  • williewillie Member

Neoon said: Canada has static v6, needs to be configured.

But I don't have any way to ssh to the vm in order to configure the v6. I still think I'm missing something--thanks.

• donlidonli Member
    edited July 2019

@willie said:

But I don't have any way to ssh to the vm in order to configure the v6. I still think I'm missing something--thanks.

You needed to save the URL with the token. When the VPS gets deployed the webpage of URL with the token gets changed to have the info you need to access your VPS. Unfortunately there's no way to access the VPS from the nanokvm dashboard.

@willie said:

You should have bookmarked the page, as it told you to do.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Neoon said:

@willie said:

You should have bookmarked the page, as it told you to do.

Might be worth having that added to the OP (by a mod, if need be). I'm sure it says it on the page after submitting the form, but doesn't state it anywhere in your instructions here. Seems like this issue has caught a few people off guard ITT.

• williewillie Member

Ah oh well, what a surprsing UI. I must have thought that logging in was enough. Neoon, can you possibly kill off the VM and let me apply for another one? It would also be great to fix the web UI. Thanks.

@MasonR said:
    Might be worth having that added to the OP (by a mod, if need be). I'm sure it says it on the page after submitting the form, but doesn't state it anywhere in your instructions here. Seems like this issue has caught a few people off guard ITT.

The page clearly states that, even with a bright warning.
    This happens instant after you requested a kvm over the website.

You know, thats the same site, where they copy the token from right?
    The warning is on the same site.

The same stuff I ask me, how a person, who do not speaks english, gets through this, with even posting the token, into the correct forum.

Humans are Humans.

• williewillie Member

Neoon said: The page clearly states that, even with a bright warning.

I don't remember seeing that and don't have a way to return to the page to check. If it's on a page after submitting the token, I may have just submitted the token and closed the tab or something. I do remember getting through this before, when the RO site was running.

edited July 2019

@willie said:

Neoon said: The page clearly states that, even with a bright warning.

I don't remember seeing that and don't have a way to return to the page to check. If it's on a page after submitting the token, I may have just submitted the token and closed the tab or something. I do remember getting through this before, when the RO site was running.

Its the same, it has not been changed, the initial code base is from 2017.
    The deployment information was never inside the panel, always accessible over the request and expires after a few days.

You still have browser history.