Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I guess you could call it a Micro-gaming server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I guess you could call it a Micro-gaming server

MUST be Linux, I've worked with a few, but I'm no expert

single thread @3GHz + (maybe a second thread for OS based stuff)

2-3 Gb Ram

2-4 Gb storage + whatever the OS requires

not complete trash internet (I don't know this spec too much for the game)

based around mid-us

If everything goes well, might get more of the same

as long as the specs on my end are met, and nothing illegal is done on the server I'm cool with whatever goes down.

A preference: as long as I can get in contact reliably to get the server to restart within 24 hours, I'm good on support.

trying to run old game from around 11 years ago

(I mean ya, my computer could host, but I'm looking for something a little more dedicated)

Comments

• @rick_k said:

bet $2, it is CS

• It's almost 100% a source game or SA:MP.

What's your budget? And why do you care if anything illegal is done on the server outside of your container?

• ChuckChuck Member

@eastonch said:
    It's almost 100% a source game or SA:MP.

What's your budget? And why do you care if anything illegal is done on the server outside of your container?

Good question.

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

Sounds like CS 1.6 for 1000FPS

• rick_krick_k Member
    edited March 2019

@kassle said:

@rick_k said:

bet $2, it is CS

@eastonch said:

1. Not CS, source game, or SA:MP, thanks for the bet money though...
    2. I care, because I don't want to have to migrate servers. or have to deal with anything else, if it really bothers you that much about me asking, don't supply me a server
    3. My budget? I don't really care; I was seeing what someone would offer.

If you really want to know, I've seen some offers, between 3-70$ (monthly, and annually) but I know my ask is smaller than what these offers were for or the offer didn't have a spec I needed.

I'd rather be paying for what I'm using, then paying for things I don't need (like a 4 core 2GHz CPU, or 100GB of space, or only 1GB of ram), or be paying for something that doesn't meet the specs I need.

also if you really REALLY need to know, is SS13 (space station 13), so if you have more knowledge than me on the required specs for it, update me on that, but so far I haven't seen it needing anymore than that.

• Which game is it?

Thanked by 1eol
  • @Janevski said:
    Which game is it?

I see what you did there.

• @rick_k said:

@kassle said:

@rick_k said:

bet $2, it is CS

@eastonch said:

2. I care, because I don't want to have to migrate servers. or have to deal with anything else, if it really bothers you that much about me asking, don't supply me a server

If you really want to know, I've seen some offers, between 3-70$ (monthly, and annually) but I know my ask is smaller than what these offers were for or the offer didn't have a spec I needed.

I'd rather be paying for what I'm using, then paying for things I don't need (like a 4 core 2GHz CPU, or 100GB of space, or only 1GB of ram), or be paying for something that doesn't meet the specs I need.

also if you really REALLY need to know, is SS13 (space station 13), so if you have more knowledge than me on the required specs for it, update me on that, but so far I haven't seen it needing anymore than that.

Quick Google search. The specs you'd need are here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/9abwsq/help_dedicated_server_requirements_for_ss13_server/

Requests with clear and well defined requirements, budget, etc are much more likely to get a response. You really shouldn't expect a provider to do your homework for you on LowEndBox.

• @Skander said:
    Quick Google search. The specs you'd need are here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SS13/comments/9abwsq/help_dedicated_server_requirements_for_ss13_server/

Requests with clear and well defined requirements, budget, etc are much more likely to get a response. You really shouldn't expect a provider to do your homework for you on LowEndBox.

point not taken.

• @Skander said:

@rick_k said:

@kassle said:

@rick_k said:

bet $2, it is CS

@eastonch said:

1. the req are listed,
    2. a ballpark for price range is listed in my second response, but I have no idea how cheap people will go.
    3. while i would prefer it if people would meet me half way here, which you didn't, it's not a requirement.
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Do you prefer a dedicated server (physical) or you don't care ?

• @hostdoc in Dallas maybe

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • @Ikoula said:
    Hello,

Do you prefer a dedicated server (physical) or you don't care ?

honestly don't mind, as long as it fits the requirements.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

rick_k said: honestly don't mind, as long as it fits the requirements.

Ok because our Public Cloud is available in Miami have you ever heard about it ?
    https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud