Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discounts when purchasing multiple servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Discounts when purchasing multiple servers

I haven't seen a whole lot of discussions regarding what kind of discounts a customer may receive if they were to purchase more than a few servers.

For example if you went direct with a provider (OVH, Hetzner, etc) and said you wanted to spend €500/month, or €5,000/month - Would they be willing to give you discounts? Or do you join a partner program to receive servers cheaper?

If no discounts in price, would they normally throw in extras such as more bandwidth, hardware upgrades?

I'd love to get an inside scoop if anyone has more information or links!

Comments

• quickquick Member

Yes maybe

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

I can tell you we would definitely work out discounts and incentives if you wanted to do a large monthly commit right off the bat.

Edit2: However, we'd probably have you sign an NDA

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @SpryServers_Tab said:
    I can tell you we would definitely work out discounts and incentives if you wanted to do a large monthly commit right off the bat.

NDA - Interesting, maybe that's why there is so little info on the web about this sort of thing (from my limited searching).

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

It may work, as any companies ( including us ) do bulk discounts. But if you like to order for example 20 servers, the scenario " I want to have 20 servers, but I start with one, give me the same price" will not work here.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep
    edited March 2019

@Wizmap345 said:

@SpryServers_Tab said:

NDA - Interesting, maybe that's why there is so little info on the web about this sort of thing (from my limited searching).

Many companies will do tiered discounts. Some make them public, some don't. (ex. $500-$1000/mo 5% discount, $1001-$5000/mo 10%, so on and so forth)

Personally, I'd strike an individual deal with a person depending on exact requirements, and if they'd be willing to sign a length/term contract. Several factors would go into it. I'd do an NDA to eliminate people asking for the same deal someone else got, and bitching because I won't give it to them. (Because certain factors they may not know about are different) It's just a way to prevent certain conflicts.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

bacloud said: I want to have 20 servers, but I start with one, give me the same price" will not work here

That's to be expected as you'd have no idea if they were actually going to take the other 19.

Having the discount applied to the first after the other 19 were ordered would make sense to me.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @Wizmap345 said:
    I haven't seen a whole lot of discussions regarding what kind of discounts a customer may receive if they were to purchase more than a few servers.

For example if you went direct with a provider (OVH, Hetzner, etc) and said you wanted to spend €500/month, or €5,000/month - Would they be willing to give you discounts? Or do you join a partner program to receive servers cheaper?

If no discounts in price, would they normally throw in extras such as more bandwidth, hardware upgrades?

they are already cheap but if they are offering partner program better to join them. or other companies offer partner,reseller programs.

• @mhosting_in said:

@Wizmap345 said:

they are already cheap but if they are offering partner program better to join them. or other companies offer partner,reseller programs.

I spoke to someone at OVH USA and they said the partner program no longer offers discounts as they have reduced the prices for everything. Not sure if that's even true or if it's only for the USA partner program.

Getting into contact or any support from OVH is incredibly difficult. I am already a customer with multiple servers from them yet it takes days for a ticket to get looked at. Very hard to catch anyone on Live chat as well.

I sent a ticket in yesterday enquiring about buying a server (not discounts) and still no reply. It's as if they have no staff or don't care about customers. /rant

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Getting ordinary support at OVH is hard.
    Now, if you have a billing issue, they will contact you ASAP.

That has been my experience.

Either way, if you are expecting discounts on absolute bottom barrel pricing, then ... well peace out.

• Linode, Vultr, Do didnt gave discount at all my employer had 1000+ server on each provider

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Wizmap345 said:

@mhosting_in said:

@Wizmap345 said:

I spoke to someone at OVH USA and they said the partner program no longer offers discounts as they have reduced the prices for everything. Not sure if that's even true or if it's only for the USA partner program.

Getting into contact or any support from OVH is incredibly difficult. I am already a customer with multiple servers from them yet it takes days for a ticket to get looked at. Very hard to catch anyone on Live chat as well.

I sent a ticket in yesterday enquiring about buying a server (not discounts) and still no reply. It's as if they have no staff or don't care about customers. /rant

So why are you trying to bring them more business if you’re already not satisfied? It doesn’t make any sense, does it ?

edited March 2019

Dude, you are on LET. Making logical sense is the last thing in anyone's mind.

I know someone on LET who refuses to eat a pie in front of him.

Thanked by 1reikuzan
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2019

Yes, no NDA required either :)

Obviously it depends on the package you wanted but usually, if your wanting say 5 of the same, I will save you some of the paypal fee's I save, for 10 I might knock a bit more off, for 50+ I would try and save you about 30% for 100+ I may be able to go as far as 50% off depending on the product, and the longer commitment term you offer the more I can save you.

It really depends on the specific package though, some of the smaller ones are already near rock bottom.

For a big business like OVH though, they don't need to care they will get more new customers in a day paying full price than you would ever be likely to offer them while looking for discounts.

• @Clouvider said:

@Wizmap345 said:

@mhosting_in said:

@Wizmap345 said:

So why are you trying to bring them more business if you’re already not satisfied? It doesn’t make any sense, does it ?

Their hardware and network are great. It's only the support tickets that lack in my experience.

Hetzner on the other hand have amazing support and hardware, but their international network lacks in comparison to OVH.

There is no perfect host just as there is no perfect girl.

• That's true, although if you throw enough money at her, she can at least act perfect. :smile:

• @Wizmap345 said:
    That's true, although if you throw enough money at her, she can at least act perfect. :smile:

Won't happen.

Money can never buy a woman's commitment.

Unless you are using Rackspace or something of a similar level, nope.

Besides, you aren't willing to throw money though.

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

We used to make 15% off on our dedicated servers before, but surely it depends on what amount of servers you're talking about. With bulk dedis order, of course, we'll make an individual offer.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited March 2019

It depends on providers. For online.net, no. I have hundred servers with them for more than 2 years, and what I got was price hike and network throttled. I am thinking of moving them somewhere else.