Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Required reviews dacentec.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Required reviews dacentec.com

Does anyone use dacentec.com? need reviews

Comments

• dacentec = good

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The trend of the threads in LET nowadays: Making a thread asking for reviews of a provider without making much effort themselves.

• FAT32 said: The trend of the threads in LET nowadays: Making a thread asking for reviews of a provider without making much effort themselves.

Would rather that than select users dropping dead memes, overused cliches and repetitive sentences only for those in their circle of likers to "enjoy".

@corbpie said:
    Would rather that than select users dropping dead memes, overused cliches and repetitive sentences only for those in their circle of likers to "enjoy".

I understand, we need more meaningful contents. However, tolerating each other is also needed to retain the users.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Adam1Adam1 Member

no need to tolerate mindless clique spam such as "the end is nigh" and "edit2"... if only there was the option to ignore users on here.

• They are good but that depends on ur expectation too. For the price, lovely but they aren't the cheapest nor best service which don't mix together.

Like other said: you should be able to find coupe of reviews here and there.

• Adam1 said: edit2

He took a walk and not one thing was lost from this place. Still plenty of others that can join him.

• @webstyle007 said:
    Does anyone use dacentec.com? need reviews

The whole world uses dacentec, did you not know that facebook is powered by dacentec?

In all seriousness yes they are really good, you should signup.

• ehabehab Member

@Adam1 said:
    no need to tolerate mindless clique spam such as "the end is nigh" and "edit2"... if only there was the option to ignore users on here.

have a look at tampermonkey --- if you know js you will be very horny happy.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 2019

webstyle007 said: need reviews

No you don't. If you are looking at Dacentec you are on a budget to begin with, so really your not concerned about reviews, your concerned about cost.

I have had server with them for several years now and I have never had an actual server issue that support couldn't resolve in a timely fashion.

They are a great budget provider and you get what you pay for. Just make sure you set your expectations appropriately. If your buying a budget service you should expect budget service, meaning if you place a ticket, be willing to be patient if it takes a few hours for a response. Also, if you send in a bunch of newbie tickets asking them to do stuff for you, you will quickly find out they are not the host for that. So if you don't know how to manage your own server, don't even bother, it won't be a good experience for you.

They are premium for what they are -- unmanaged servers at a budget price with a decent network and reasonable ticket response times, especially on emergent issues.

If you expect more than that, you will be very disappointed.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

@TheLinuxBug said:
    my 2 cents.
    Cheers!

I always appreciate and enjoy reading your long comment, you are the ones that make LET a better place, kudos to you.

Moreover, I am also amazed by your thinking and typing speed. 200 words in about 6 minutes including the thinking time is just amazing.

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • Dacentec are cheap and reliable, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a budget server. As others have mentioned they might take some time to respond to a ticket and they are unmanaged, but if you're managing it yourself (or have someone else managing it for you) you can't go wrong for the price :)

• @dahartigan said:
    Dacentec are cheap and reliable, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a budget server. As others have mentioned they might take some time to respond to a ticket and they are unmanaged, but if you're managing it yourself (or have someone else managing it for you) you can't go wrong for the price :)

Have you used them before?

• @corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:
    Dacentec are cheap and reliable, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a budget server. As others have mentioned they might take some time to respond to a ticket and they are unmanaged, but if you're managing it yourself (or have someone else managing it for you) you can't go wrong for the price :)

Of course I have, have you?

• @dahartigan said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:

• @corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:

@corbpie said:

@dahartigan said:

How about sharing your experience with OP instead of your useless whiny shitposting?

• dahartigan said: shitposting?

I confused, you should know what that is because you do it yet you labeled something that isnt, it.

• @corbpie said:

dahartigan said: shitposting?

I confused, you should know what that is because you do it yet you labeled something that isnt, it.

You are in a thread that is requesting a review and all you are doing is PMSing about your own shit. You took the time to reply to me with a screen shot and everything but couldn't give a few words to OP about that provider?

Stop being a numpty and either contribute to the thread or in your words "walk" because nothing useful will be missing in your absence.

Further to your rant earlier in this thread - You aren't remotely funny, you're not helpful, you contribute nothing meaningful yet you bitch and moan and when called out you carry on like a broken 2 bob watch.

Even deank and his end is nigh gag is more entertaining than your PMS filled dribble.

• No review is better than just making up a review.

Why are you going on about PMS? That has nothing to do with anything, you seemed to have snapped for some reason.

Called out on what? I have called you and a hoster out for instances both which have nothing to do with this thread. I don’t try to be funny nor am I shit posting on here which unfortunately you spend a lot of time doing or perhaps be it judging by your responses and actions not much at all.

• My only experience with Dacentec is that so-cheap-its-as-painful-as-it-is-slow Opteron box that doesn't like to run anything built after 2015. Running a soft-RAID on the drives made it even more painfully slow, and wedging a modern OS on it was joyful.

As mentioned, this is mostly a "Do it yourself, or tell us precisely what you want" service, but I do recall that they did give me a KVM eventually so I could complete the installation.

I've paid more, and I've paid less- their service level isn't designed to be immediate, but it's passable. They're no DbD.

• sinsin Member

They're great, I have used them in the past and the network was good (they also seem to have ddos protection now? order form has a $10 ddos protection addon) plus their support responds quickly. You might also want to check out Quickpacket too (every now and then they have some really good sales but you could always contact their sales department and maybe they could do a deal for you)

• Have been several times with dacentec, great value for money, good support, old but rather reliable hardware and quick actions if something goes wrong. But as in all budget providers (even with more expensive ones) you should always keep backups in an off site place.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

sin said: You might also want to check out Quickpacket too (every now and then they have some really good sales but you could always contact their sales department and maybe they could do a deal for you)

Yeah, we can definitely help. Feel free to PM me if you need a quote.

• @TheLinuxBug said:

webstyle007 said: need reviews

No you don't. If you are looking at Dacentec you are on a budget to begin with, so really your not concerned about reviews, your concerned about cost.

I have had server with them for several years now and I have never had an actual server issue that support couldn't resolve in a timely fashion.

They are a great budget provider and you get what you pay for. Just make sure you set your expectations appropriately. If your buying a budget service you should expect budget service, meaning if you place a ticket, be willing to be patient if it takes a few hours for a response. Also, if you send in a bunch of newbie tickets asking them to do stuff for you, you will quickly find out they are not the host for that. So if you don't know how to manage your own server, don't even bother, it won't be a good experience for you.

They are premium for what they are -- unmanaged servers at a budget price with a decent network and reasonable ticket response times, especially on emergent issues.

If you expect more than that, you will be very disappointed.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Good post, except your first paragraph should be removed because it doesn't make sense and your third paragraph contradicts it. Whether he is on a budget or even if he has already made up his mind, he most certainly can and should be concerned about reviews. You basically said he shouldn't do due diligence, which I'm sure you don't really mean.

In the end, you provided useful information from a solicitation for a review.

• stemstem Member

Never use Google or do any research of your own. Hard work is overrated as it is, it's wasted time. So waste other people's time instead, right?

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

They are very reliable.
    Absolute value for money.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

dacentec=best

• bulabula Member

I found dacentec to be very reliable. Have been using them for /backup. Its my 2nd year with them.