Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

    (retry) anyone know AWS ec2 or lightsail hosting?
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

    (retry) anyone know AWS ec2 or lightsail hosting?

    uni14uni14 Member

    anyone know AWS ec2 or lightsail hosting?

    how control ddos protect with this hosting?

    just linux iptables in aws vps hosting?
    or aws shield? aws firewallmanager?

    Comments

    • ehabehab Member

      you can ask aws support.

      • do not prepay > 1 year and check for reviews/support
      • only use monthly from a provider operating < 1 year 🍆
    • uni14uni14 Member

      @ehab said:
      you can ask aws support.

      your right but i dont enough english language..ok keep searching. sorry.

    • If you have such questions, better to avoid AWS at all, otherwise you can get really big numbers to pay for misunderstanding.

      Thanked by 2Amitz vimalware
    • williewillie Member

      EC2 is enterprise hosting and you don't want it unless you know what you are doing and have a specific requirement for it. It is way more expensive than the stuff we normally discuss here on LET. Lightsail is more like DO or Linode but again there's no reason to use it unless you have to be in the AWS cloud for some reason.

    • deankdeank Member

      It don't matter whether OP knows his ways around or not.

      We, LET community, will support him, in shadows.

      If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

    • FHRFHR Member, Provider

      I would advise against using EC2 unless you have a specific need to do so (e.g. married to the whole SaaS/PaaS AWS ecosystem).

      Lightsail is a simplified version of EC2, basically rebranded "tiny" instances with a different way of billing and control. They generally give much worse value (performance/price ratio) compared to like Hetzner Cloud.

      SkylonHost - affordable hourly-billed KVM VPS in Prague, CZ!
      Featuring own high performance network AS202297 | RIPE NCC member | Contact us for IPs/ASNs

    • uni14uni14 Member
      edited March 16

      @desperand said:
      If you have such questions, better to avoid AWS at all, otherwise you can get really big numbers to pay for misunderstanding.

      what mean?? talk about big opreation fee in aws server?

    • uni14uni14 Member

      @willie said:
      EC2 is enterprise hosting and you don't want it unless you know what you are doing and have a specific requirement for it. It is way more expensive than the stuff we normally discuss here on LET. Lightsail is more like DO or Linode but again there's no reason to use it unless you have to be in the AWS cloud for some reason.

      really? ovh gameserver fee $80~$110 and i know aws some same fee too.

    • uni14uni14 Member

      @FHR said:
      I would advise against using EC2 unless you have a specific need to do so (e.g. married to the whole SaaS/PaaS AWS ecosystem).

      Lightsail is a simplified version of EC2, basically rebranded "tiny" instances with a different way of billing and control. They generally give much worse value (performance/price ratio) compared to like Hetzner Cloud.

      thanks! so now no EC2 / yes lightsail?
      my purpose is like ovh gameserver(but ovh ping is high!)

    • AmitzAmitz Member

      Same same but different!

      Thanked by 1bugrakoc

      "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.", Stephen Hawking, 2017. Join the Amitz party here.

    • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

      uni14 said: your right but i dont enough english language..ok keep searching. sorry.

      What language?

      Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

    • deankdeank Member
      edited March 16

      Dude, don't bother.

      If you go ahead, this has disasters written all over it. I mean, LET free support can handle only so much.

      If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

    • FHRFHR Member, Provider

      So you want to run a game server? Please don't do that on ANY AWS product, be it EC2 or Lightsail. Get a nice cheap dedicated server close to wherever you're located.

      Thanked by 1vimalware

      SkylonHost - affordable hourly-billed KVM VPS in Prague, CZ!
      Featuring own high performance network AS202297 | RIPE NCC member | Contact us for IPs/ASNs

    • uni14uni14 Member
      edited March 16

      @deank said:
      Dude, don't bother.

      If you go ahead, this has disasters written all over it. I mean, LET free support can handle only so much.

      i will choice ovh dedicated gameserver
      but i don`t know how set option about ddos-protection-option

      ovh dedicated gameserver automatically run ddos protection system?
      and if when ddos attacking to my server / i`m what do just send mail ovh support team?

    • uni14uni14 Member
      edited March 16

      @FHR said:
      So you want to run a game server? Please don't do that on ANY AWS product, be it EC2 or Lightsail. Get a nice cheap dedicated server close to wherever you're located.

      i will choice ovh dedicated gameserver
      (because aws very difficult)
      but i don`t know how set option about ddos-protection-option

      ovh dedicated gameserver automatically run ddos protection system?
      and if when ddos attacking to my server / i`m what do just send mail ovh support team?

    • williewillie Member

      uni14 said: ovh dedicated gameserver automatically run ddos protection system?

      Yes, it is automatic, you should not have to contact support. Don't even think of using AWS for this. OVH is your best bet.

    • banxixbanxix Member

      Seriously if you are in EC2 then you do not need to care about DDOS.

    • uni14uni14 Member

      willie said: EC2 is enterprise hosting and you don't want it unless you know what you are doing and have a specific requirement for it. It is way more expensive than the stuff we normally discuss here on LET. Lightsail is more like DO or Linode but again there's no reason to use it unless you have to be in the AWS cloud for some reason.

      @willie said:

      uni14 said: ovh dedicated gameserver automatically run ddos protection system?

      Yes, it is automatic, you should not have to contact support. Don't even think of using AWS for this. OVH is your best bet.

      i am really respect your advice but other server(other server of same-game) already use aws.. (GTA:Sanandreas)

    • uni14uni14 Member

      @banxix said:
      Seriously if you are in EC2 then you do not need to care about DDOS.

      this mean is aws-ec2 are automatically protect ddos?

      but when attack ddos to my server and suffer disconnect// what shoud i do? just wait?

    • austeniteaustenite Member, Provider

      I normally recommend simply turning it off and then back on again.

    • banxixbanxix Member
      edited March 17

      @uni14 said:

      @banxix said:
      Seriously if you are in EC2 then you do not need to care about DDOS.

      this mean is aws-ec2 are automatically protect ddos?

      but when attack ddos to my server and suffer disconnect// what shoud i do? just wait?

      I only use Google Cloud but EC2 should be no less. That means you will have time to analyze the attack and resolve it. You may still need to build your own solution for layer 7 attack.

      If you are their customer, they provide multiple ways to contact them for technical issues. Don't ask here just find first.

    • uni14uni14 Member

      yes sir!

    • uni14uni14 Member

      uni14 said: yes sir!

      @banxix said:

      @uni14 said:

      @banxix said:
      Seriously if you are in EC2 then you do not need to care about DDOS.

      this mean is aws-ec2 are automatically protect ddos?

      but when attack ddos to my server and suffer disconnect// what shoud i do? just wait?

      I only use Google Cloud but EC2 should be no less. That means you will have time to analyze the attack and reoslve it. You may still need to build your own solution for layer 7 attack.

      If you are their customer, they provide multiple ways to contact them for technical issues. Don't ask here just find first.

      yes sir!

    • dahartigandahartigan Member, Host Rep

      No sir

      HostDoc representative | Purveyor of high quality potassium | "A KVM VPS with 64 IPs? Must be Evolution Host."

    • AWS EC2:

      Amazon EC2 offers scalable computing capacity in the AWS cloud.

      -Eliminates your need to invest in hardware up front.
      -Can develop and deploy applications faster.
      -Can launch few or large number of virtual servers as you need.
      -Offers scaling the services.

      Amazon Lightsail:

      Lightsail is designed to be the easiest way to launch and manage a virtual private server with AWS.
      -Deploy a virtual private server with just a few clicks using preconfigured templates for Linux distribution, application, or dev stack – eg: WordPress, Magento.
      -Grow and Scale your applications

      AWS Services for DDoS Attack Mitigation:

      AWS Shield
      -Managed DDoS protection service
      -Comes in 2 tiers:
      Standard and Advanced
      -AWS Shield Standard:
      included automatically to Elastic Load Balancing load balancers, Amazon CloudFront distributions, and Amazon Route 53 resources
      -Applies always-on detection and inline mitigation techniques

      AWS WAF
      -Web application firewall
      -Protects from common web exploits that could affect application availability, compromise security,
      or consume excessive resources
      -Use conditions to target specific requests and trigger an action, allowing you to identify and block
      common DDoS request pattern

      Amazon Route 53
      -Protect domain names from DNS-based DDoS attacks.
      -Is a highly available and scalable DNS service designed to route end users to infrastructure
      running inside or outside of AWS.
      Manage traffic globally through a variety of routing types
      -Provides out-of-the-box shuffle sharding and Anycast routing capabilities

      Amazon CloudFront
      -Distributes traffic across multiple edge locations
      -Filters requests to ensure that only valid HTTP(S) requests will be forwarded to backend hosts.
      -Supports geoblocking

      Elastic Load Balancing
      -Distributes incoming application traffic across multiple targets, such as Amazon EC2 instances,
      containers, and IP addresses
      -Minimizes the risk of overloading a single resource.
      -Only supports valid TCP requests, so DDoS attacks such as UDP and SYN floods are not able to
      reach EC2 instances

      VPCs and Security Groups
      Allows to configure subnet routes, public IP addresses, security groups, and network access control lists in order to minimize application attack surfaces
      -Configure load balancers and EC2 instance security groups to allow traffic that originates from specific IP addresses only.

    • @NotNamedLET: Don't necropost

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • @NotNamedLET

      Also, if you're quoting text from somewhere, make it clear that you're quoting and cite your sources

      "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

    • Found the AWS partner 😝

      Trusted Provider ultravps[.]eu in AMS/LON/DAL/LAX/Moldova/Düsseldorf :
      2GB KVM(SSD 60GB) starts €33.6/yr (Limited Stock) <-- bonus discount (~7.5% off in 1st year for new clients.)

    Sign In or Register to comment.